Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 225027 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #2624 on: September 29, 2023, 10:36:27 PM »
Advertisement

Hi Royell, Please see below! Thank you for everything! Sincerely yours, Michael

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Subscribe
Sign in

clock
This article was published more than 9 years ago

OBITUARIES
Search Death Notices
Place a death notice
Request a News Obituary
Former Secret Service agent Lem Johns dies at 88

By Terence McArdle
May 11, 2014 at 7:07 p.m. EDT

Lem Johns, with dark hair, stands partially obscured behind Jacqueline Kennedy, right, as President Lyndon Johnson takes the oath of office on Air Force One in 1963. (Cecil Stoughton/AP)

Comment
Lem Johns, a Secret Service agent who guarded Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson during the Kennedy assassination, returned on Air Force One to Washington as Johnson was sworn in as president, and later headed Johnson’s presidential security detail, died Saturday at his home in Hoover, Ala. He was 88.

His death was announced by his grandson, Michael Johns, according to the Associated Press.

On Nov, 22, 1963, the day of John F. Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas, Mr. Johns was one of three Secret Service agents riding in a convertible behind Vice President Johnson and his wife, Lady Bird, in the presidential motorcade. Agent Jerry Kivett drove the agents’ car and monitored radio reports of the parade.

Suddenly, they heard the first two shots.

Though unsure whether he had heard gunshots, vehicle backfire or firecrackers, Mr. Johns jumped from the security car and made a dash for the car carrying Johnson.

However, after a third shot, the entire motorcade sped up. Mr. Johns, on foot, was left behind on the street.

Rufus Youngblood, the chief agent in the Johnson security detail, used his body to cover the vice president and Mrs. Johnson as their car followed the Kennedy vehicle and a Secret Service car to Parkland Hospital.

Amid the chaos, Mr. Johns climbed aboard a car carrying photographers, then moved to the sidecar of a police motorcycle en route to Parkland. He found Johnson and the other Secret Service agents at the hospital, waiting as surgeons worked on Kennedy. Texas Gov. John B. Connally also was wounded but survived.

When Kennedy died, an unmarked police cruiser took Johnson and agent Youngblood to Love Field where Air Fo
rce One waited to fly Johnson to Washington. Mr. Johns, who had been seeking a secure hospital exit for Johnson and Youngblood, had to leave for the airport in another police car. Once at the airport, Mr. Johns screened all those who boarded Air Force One while awaiting the arrival of first lady Jacqueline Kennedy and the casket carrying the president’s body. There were concerns about the possibility of an attempt on Johnson’s life.

I think the driver of Camera Car 1's name is John Holt. He confirmed right away on 11-22-63 that they picked up a SSA in their car in Dealey Plaza.

From around 54:00 to 56:03 John Holt gives his live account of picking up SSA Lem Johns in Dealey Plaza.

Michael - Thanks for this post. The SA Lem Johns 11/22/63 journey following shots being fired inside Dealey Plaza is confusing at best. Johns filed an 11/29/63 Report which conflicts with many of the facts? contained in the McArdle piece you have posted.  Johns detailed in his report that he jumped out of the LBJ Security Car, (a hard top vehicle not a "convertible" as per the McArdle piece), and then running down Elm St toward the LBJ convertible. No Dealey Plaza eyewitness or any image captured that day has revealed an SS Agent exiting the LBJ Security Car and then running down Elm St. toward the LBJ Convertible. Johns also claimed that he was left standing in Elm St as the JFK Motorcade sped away, though eyewitnesses and filmed images that day also failed to corroborate his claim here too. Johns claimed that he never left Elm St after the motorcade sped away. This flies in the face of Wiegman reporting in Trask's "Pictures Of The Pain" to have seen SA Johns as Wiegman ran UP the knoll. Wiegman seeing Johns on the Knoll is important as NO AGENTS were allegedly assigned a position inside Dealey Plaza that day. I bring the SA Johns position inside Dealey Plaza up as Mal Couch, (Camera Car #3), reported a "blood pool" of roughly 9 inches in the area across from the Texas School Book Depository/Elm St Ext. We know where Wiegman was when he ran UP the knoll and reported seeing SA Johns, and we know where the LBJ Security Car was when shots were fired. Both of these possible SA Johns scenarios places this on-the-ground armed agent in very close proximity to the approximately 9 Inch blood pool detailed by the respected Mal Couch in his WC Testimony. The itinerary of SA Lem Johns on 11/22/63 remains a serious mystery to this day     
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:42:16 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2624 on: September 29, 2023, 10:36:27 PM »

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #2625 on: September 29, 2023, 11:52:50 PM »
Hi Royell, You are most welcome my friend! I just found this on Denis Morissette's site. Thank you for your valuable input! Sincerely yours, Michael

DEALEY PLAZA
According to Craven, he was running after the last shot. He told Richard Trask that he ran up the grassy knoll to follow a policeman who running up the hill. He found himself with SS agent Thomas “Lem” Johns, an agent originally with Vice-President Johnson. Not seeing anything special, Craven started filming the people on the ground (TPOTP, page 375).

Craven believes he took some film of the limousine going under the overpass. He also recalls getting back in he car with SS agent Johns. Just beyond the overpass, near the ramp leading to the freeway, Dan Rather was standing holding a bright yellow grapefruit bag. He was waiting for any film thrown to him. “Our production crew in the motorcade was going to throw me several reels of exposed films as they passed. I had a cab waiting to rush the film to KRLD. Although I did not see the president, I knew that something was wrong, so I jumped into my cab and went straight to KRLD studio”. (TPOTP, pages 375-376)

Craven added, “I know I was rolling as we made the that right turn coming up to the Depository- I thought  I had seen a flash or a puff of smoke, but it never showed up, because I had a wide angle lens on, and it was so far away, you wouldn’t have seen it” (TPOTP, page 383)

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #2626 on: September 30, 2023, 02:04:23 AM »
Hi Royell, You are most welcome my friend! I just found this on Denis Morissette's site. Thank you for your valuable input! Sincerely yours, Michael

DEALEY PLAZA
According to Craven, he was running after the last shot. He told Richard Trask that he ran up the grassy knoll to follow a policeman who running up the hill. He found himself with SS agent Thomas “Lem” Johns, an agent originally with Vice-President Johnson. Not seeing anything special, Craven started filming the people on the ground (TPOTP, page 375).

Craven believes he took some film of the limousine going under the overpass. He also recalls getting back in he car with SS agent Johns. Just beyond the overpass, near the ramp leading to the freeway, Dan Rather was standing holding a bright yellow grapefruit bag. He was waiting for any film thrown to him. “Our production crew in the motorcade was going to throw me several reels of exposed films as they passed. I had a cab waiting to rush the film to KRLD. Although I did not see the president, I knew that something was wrong, so I jumped into my cab and went straight to KRLD studio”. (TPOTP, pages 375-376)

Craven added, “I know I was rolling as we made the that right turn coming up to the Depository- I thought  I had seen a flash or a puff of smoke, but it never showed up, because I had a wide angle lens on, and it was so far away, you wouldn’t have seen it” (TPOTP, page 383)

Thanks again Michael.  Personally, I believe Johns was assigned to that Knoll area on 11/22/63. He was Not inside that LBJ SS Car. None of the Joe 6 Packs all over Dealey Plaza saw him get out of that car and run down Elm St as he claimed. That never happened. And I also believe the SS is lying about it because it is connected to that 9 inch blood pool in the same knoll area in which Johns was sighted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2626 on: September 30, 2023, 02:04:23 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #2627 on: September 30, 2023, 03:21:20 AM »

IMO , JFK was probably NOT in the loop on this theoretical false flag shooting plan that Mr. Ford has proposed as an alternative, because it would  have been counter productive to the “better “ relationship that JFK and Kruschev had established after the 62 Missile Crisis,  primarily to avoid nuclear war and from which the Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD) doctrine was developed.

It could be just Oswald was told of this plan by the conspirator team (probably the 2 men that Sylvia Odio saw Oswald with in her apartment) and what he was supposed to do.

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #2628 on: September 30, 2023, 04:32:20 AM »
    Thanks again Michael.  Personally, I believe Johns was assigned to that Knoll area on 11/22/63. He was Not inside that LBJ SS Car. None of the Joe 6 Packs all over Dealey Plaza saw him get out of that car and run down Elm St as he claimed. That never happened. And I also believe the SS is lying about it because it is connected to that 9 inch blood pool in the same knoll area in which Johns was sighted.

Hi Royell, I just found this picture of the Vice President's SS Car with the left rear door open and maybe somebody starting to get out on Houston Street near Elm Street. Thank you for everything! Sincerely yours, Michael

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:35:47 AM by Michael Welch »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2628 on: September 30, 2023, 04:32:20 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #2629 on: September 30, 2023, 06:03:46 AM »
Hi Royell, I just found this picture of the Vice President's SS Car with the left rear door open and maybe somebody starting to get out on Houston Street near Elm Street. Thank you for everything! Sincerely yours, Michael

That car door was already open. You can see that same door being ajar on the Altgens Photo. You can see the JFK Limo in the still frame above. It's front bumper has yet to reach the TSBD front door. Per the WC, this is too early for a shot to have been fired.

Offline Michael Welch

« Reply #2630 on: September 30, 2023, 08:26:05 AM »
   That car door was already open. You can see that same door being ajar on the Altgens Photo. You can see the JFK Limo in the still frame above. It's front bumper has yet to reach the TSBD front door. Per the WC, this is too early for a shot to have been fired.

Hi Royell, Thank you! Yes, you are correct! With Tina Towner's concentration on Jackie, and Ike Altgens not able to take another quick picture, do we have any film of the Vice President's SS Car when Lem could have jumped out of the open car door? Thank you for your valuable input! I really appreciate it! Sincerely yours, Michael

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2630 on: September 30, 2023, 08:26:05 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2631 on: September 30, 2023, 11:20:33 AM »
So!

Conspiracy A (the plan for missed shots to be fired from the TSBD sixth floor as Pres. Kennedy is riding through Dealey Plaza)
Conspiracy B (exploiting Conspiracy A to carry out a real assassination on Pres. Kennedy)

Key to the success of Conspiracy A is that 'pro-Castro' Mr. Oswald become THE named conspirator whose involvement identifies this as a pro-Castro provocation. All for the purpose of creating a compelling pretext for C-Day (1 Dec).

Where are DPD in all this? Assuming no advance knowledge on their side of the clandestine false-flag operation, the DPD's understanding, within a very short time of the assassination, is based on the evidence they are aware of: that this Oswald fellow has been involved (not as shooter) in a successful pro-Castro conspiracy to kill Pres. Kennedy. They know he's guilty of involvement. Their course of action is consequently a no-brainer: to charge him as an accomplice in a leftist conspiracy, and as the shooter of Officer Tippit.

But word quickly comes down from on high, and from outside: no, this LHO fellow must be nailed as a DOUBLE shooter. A lone actor. For national security reasons, the world must NOT learn that Pres. Kennedy was killed by pro-Castro conspiracy. It would lead to WWIII. 

And so all DPD efforts, like those of the other 'investigating' authorities, go into the absurd project of framing Mr. Oswald not just for the murder of Officer Tippit but also for the murder of Pres. Kennedy. They feel not the slightest compunction in framing this guy, because a) they routinely pull this corrupt stuff in normal times anyway, and Mr. Wade has a proud record of convicting innocent men; b) they reckon LHO has it coming, being 'guiltocent' on account of his known involvement in the pro-Castro conspiracy. At least we got one of the b*st*rds.

Several years later, all this is weighing heavily on Mr. Jesse Curry. He knows this was a conspiracy, and 'knows' it was a communist conspiracy. And he knows Mr. Oswald was most definitely NOT at the SN window firing on Pres. Kennedy. So he makes the startling admission: we never could put Oswald in that building with that rifle at that time.

His admission alerts us to a striking fact: the DPD/FBI/SS framing of Mr. Oswald was both thorough and incomplete. Thorough in all sorts of ways (starting with the confiscation of his alibi); incomplete in that the 'evidence' putting Mr. Oswald up at the SN window @12:30pm never goes beyond the circumstantial. Why not? Because they KNOW that his front-entrance alibi may yet come to light in an undeniable way, or an image may yet emerge showing someone else firing from the sixth floor. Were either of these things to happen, any cooked evidence that went too far would expose the fact that they framed him.

Just think, for example, how easy it would have been for those privy to Mr. Oswald's final interrogation to tell everyone that he finally broke, and confessed to shooting Pres. Kennedy. But no, that would offer a dangerous hostage to fortune. A witness could break ranks any day. A photo or film could come into the public domain exonerating him unequivocally. Best to stick with the plan: lots of cooked evidence pointing to LHO as the shooter; lots of suppressed real evidence that would have pointed to conspiracy; a seemingly reasonable inference drawn by the 'investigation': LHO shot JFK, and he was acting alone.

They would have loved to go further. But they couldn't.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:24:32 PM by Alan Ford »