Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 225030 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1304 on: February 16, 2021, 10:08:58 PM »
Advertisement
It’s doubtful that Mrs Reid is a liar for boss Truly, as she is telling this story to fellow employees BEFORE Oswald is even noticed to be missing from TSBD by Truly, and well before a rifle on 6th floor is found and Oswald is a suspect.

If the story is “adjusted” later in Mrs Reid’s 1st FBI statement, to embellish and support boss Truly and Baker, should not Mrs Reid have simply stated seeing Oswald wearing brown shirt and seeing nothing in his hands?

Why would she complicate the Baker/Truly lunchroom encounter by having Oswald in T-shirt only and having “full” coke in hand?

Now Mrs Reid also basically stated that JFK has been shot when she met Oswald in the 2nd floor office and that he only mumbled something she could not quite understand.

So a reason for Reid to be telling this story before Oswald has become more than just an insignificant employee is that Mrs Reid thought it a bit unusual to see Oswald entering the office at that time When no one else was in the office except herself.

It therefore is neither suspicion nor some idea of embellishment to aid Mr. Truly at this point in time and simply an observation by Mrs Reid considering it seemed odd to be seeing one of the general worker boys in an otherwise empty office at the time.

And the “full” coke in hand, perhaps reinforced Mrs Reid’s perception that there was not a reason for Oswald to be in the office, since he obviously did not need change to buy a coke, nor was there anyone in the office to ask for change anyway.

So imo , Mrs Reid DID see Oswald in that office, and BECAUSE of the T-shirt and FULL coke in hand, it actually reinforces a timeline of PM meeting Baker by the front staircase 1st floor foyer, as Oswald went to the storage room to TAKE OFF his brown shirt before Oswald going up to the 2nd floor lunchroom To buy a SECOND bottle of soda.

Baker saw Oswald just before he took of his reddish brown shirt which in the type of lighting by the storage room
was perceived by Bakers memory meshing white T-shirt with loose hanging brown shirt as “a light brown jacket”.

It’s even possible that Oswald followed after Baker and Truly some 15-20 seconds later, and Oswald went thru the now open countertop in the front desk area, in order to cross the 1st floor to the rear DR. Pepper machine to purchase a 2nd Dr.Pepper bottle but found it was empty Or the power was out.

So Therefore the reason to go up to 2nd floor to buy a coke , then to cut thru 2ndfloor office, then take the front passenger elevator down to lobby, thus saving about 15 seconds of time and returning to the storage room and front entrance lobby in  time to have met the reporters Pierce Alman and or McNeil depending if both were not fibbing  a take for publicity sake like Brian Williams and the current day media often do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1304 on: February 16, 2021, 10:08:58 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1305 on: February 17, 2021, 02:07:51 AM »
Something of a side-issue, but........

Ms Reid would appear to be She Who Does Not Want To Be Named.

She is the only female in CE1381 whose first name is not given. And when asked her name at the top of her WC testimony, she gives it as "Mrs. Robert A. Reid", which is how she is referred to everywhere in the official documents (with AFAIK just two exceptions: Mr Ochus Campbell's mention of 'Jeraldean Reid' & the interview report of Ms Pauline Sanders 11/24, where her name is spelled as 'Geraldine').

Kinda odd.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 02:22:33 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1306 on: February 17, 2021, 02:16:12 AM »
Something of a side-issue, but........

Ms Reid would appear to be She Who Does Not Want To Be Named.

She is the only female in CE1381 whose first name is not given. And when asked her name at the top of her WC testimony, she gives it as "Mrs. Robert A. Reid", which is how she is referred to everywhere in the official documents (with one exception: interview report of Ms Pauline Sanders 11/24, where her name is spelled as 'Geraldine').

Kinda odd.

I suspect Mrs Reid had made up the tale about encountering the murderer just minutes after he had shot JFK. She intended nothing malicious , it was just office BS.... But the authorities needed her tale and wouldn't allow her to recant.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1306 on: February 17, 2021, 02:16:12 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1307 on: February 17, 2021, 02:20:44 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1308 on: February 17, 2021, 06:16:11 PM »

What's your point Mr. F?

I find it interesting that Mrs Reid was treated for depression.....  I can only speculate

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1308 on: February 17, 2021, 06:16:11 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1309 on: February 19, 2021, 02:13:24 AM »
Friends, I invite you to read this closing portion of Ms Reid's WC testimony carefully. It's truly bizarre---------------------

Mr. DULLES. Yes. Attorney General Carr, do you have any questions?
Mr. CARR. Mrs. Reid, have you had occasion to visit with any of Oswald's relatives, his wife or mother?
Mrs. REID. No.
Mr. CARR. Have they been in there since that date to look over the premises?
Mrs. REID. His mother has been but I didn't see her. She didn't go any further than the first floor I understand, but I have never seen her other than these pictures.
Mr. DULLES. Is it usual for the employees of the depository to have friends visit them during office hours or would that be an unusual practice?
Mrs. REID. No; that would not be unusual. Family or somebody wanted to drop by to see you they never have objected to that.
Mr. BELIN. I think the record should show we are offering in evidence this morning, Mr. Dulles, Commission Exhibit 507 which is the diagram of the seventh floor which Officer Baker testified to.
Mr. DULLES. You want that admitted now?
Mr. BELIN. We want that admitted now.
Mr. DULLES. No objection. It will be admitted.
(The diagram referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 507 for identification and received in evidence.)
Mr. BELIN. I think those are all the questions we have of Mrs. Reid.
We want to thank you very much for your cooperation in coming up here, Mrs. Reid.
Mrs. REID. Thank you.
Mr. DULLES. Thank you very much, Mrs. Reid.
I will tell the Chief Justice of your cooperation and helpfulness. We will reconvene at 2:30.
(Whereupon, at 12:35 p.m., the President's Commission recessed.)

What the hell just happened?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1310 on: February 19, 2021, 02:59:11 AM »
Friends, I invite you to read this closing portion of Ms Reid's WC testimony carefully. It's truly bizarre---------------------

Mr. DULLES. Yes. Attorney General Carr, do you have any questions?
Mr. CARR. Mrs. Reid, have you had occasion to visit with any of Oswald's relatives, his wife or mother?
Mrs. REID. No.
Mr. CARR. Have they been in there since that date to look over the premises?
Mrs. REID. His mother has been but I didn't see her. She didn't go any further than the first floor I understand, but I have never seen her other than these pictures.
Mr. DULLES. Is it usual for the employees of the depository to have friends visit them during office hours or would that be an unusual practice?
Mrs. REID. No; that would not be unusual. Family or somebody wanted to drop by to see you they never have objected to that.
Mr. BELIN. I think the record should show we are offering in evidence this morning, Mr. Dulles, Commission Exhibit 507 which is the diagram of the seventh floor which Officer Baker testified to.
Mr. DULLES. You want that admitted now?
Mr. BELIN. We want that admitted now.
Mr. DULLES. No objection. It will be admitted.
(The diagram referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 507 for identification and received in evidence.)
Mr. BELIN. I think those are all the questions we have of Mrs. Reid.
We want to thank you very much for your cooperation in coming up here, Mrs. Reid.
Mrs. REID. Thank you.
Mr. DULLES. Thank you very much, Mrs. Reid.
I will tell the Chief Justice of your cooperation and helpfulness. We will reconvene at 2:30.
(Whereupon, at 12:35 p.m., the President's Commission recessed.)

What the hell just happened?

What is CE 507?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1310 on: February 19, 2021, 02:59:11 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1311 on: February 19, 2021, 03:10:50 AM »

What is CE 507?