Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 224954 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1232 on: February 05, 2021, 11:13:44 PM »
Advertisement
Boo, you're no fun!

;D
By the time Arnold (perhaps) returns to the lunchroom after (perhaps) going to the toilet, Oswald would be down in the Domino room seeing Jarman and Norman come in through the back door (perhaps)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1232 on: February 05, 2021, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1233 on: February 05, 2021, 11:19:06 PM »
;D
By the time Arnold (perhaps) returns to the lunchroom after (perhaps) going to the toilet, Oswald would be down in the Domino room seeing Jarman and Norman come in through the back door (perhaps)

No, I think Ms Arnold saw him in there around the 12:20 mark.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1234 on: February 05, 2021, 11:38:26 PM »
No, I think Ms Arnold saw him in there around the 12:20 mark.

So the girls leave and Arnold goes to the toilet leaving Reid in the lunchroom.
Arnold returns to the lunchroom and everyone is gone but Oswald has suddenly appeared (even though Arnold saw him five minutes earlier when she was stood outside and Oswald was in the foyer)
Oswald is sat at a table (having lunch?)
As soon as Arnold leaves, Oswald packs up and heads for the Domino room to have is lunch (again?) where he sees Jarman and Norman.

Hmmm...all seems a bit tricky to me.
Why not just go with what nearly all the testimonial is saying - Arnold leaves with the girls about 12:15. As she is stood outside and sees Oswald in the foyer about 12:15.
Forget the Oswald/Arnold second floor lunchroom encounter.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1234 on: February 05, 2021, 11:38:26 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1235 on: February 05, 2021, 11:55:05 PM »
So the girls leave and Arnold goes to the toilet leaving Reid in the lunchroom.

Ms Reid may already have left by this time.

Arnold returns to the lunchroom and everyone is gone but Oswald has suddenly appeared

Slow down, Mr O'Meara, you move too fast!

Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.

(even though Arnold saw him five minutes earlier when she was stood outside and Oswald was in the foyer)

According to the time estimates given in the FBI interview report.

By contrast, from CE1381 (March 18):

Time estimates are just that-------------estimates.

Ms Arnold sees Mr Oswald in the lunchroom ca. 12:20, then again ca. 12:25.

Oswald is sat at a table (having lunch?)

He may have started to eat. He may have his apple and/or unopened sandwich on the table in front of him. He may be reading a newspaper or somesuch.

As soon as Arnold leaves, Oswald packs up and heads for the Domino room to have is lunch (again?)

Either to start eating (with the coke) or to continue eating

where he sees Jarman and Norman.

Yep

Hmmm...all seems a bit tricky to me.
Why not just go with what nearly all the testimonial is saying - Arnold leaves with the girls about 12:15. As she is stood outside and sees Oswald in the foyer about 12:15.

Because a) that's not what nearly all the testimony is saying, b) Ms Arnold was quite emphatic about the lunchroom sighting when she spoke with Messrs Golz and Summers. Why would she want to make this up? And isn't it striking that her claim chimes not just with what Mr Dougherty saw but also with a claim by Mr Oswald that would not properly become known until 2019?

Forget the Oswald/Arnold second floor lunchroom encounter.

Sorry, Mr O'Meara, no can do!

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1236 on: February 06, 2021, 12:22:45 AM »
Ms Reid may already have left by this time.

Slow down, Mr O'Meara, you move too fast!

Mr. BELIN. Were there any men in the lunchroom when you left there?
Mrs. REID. I can't, I don't, remember that.
Mr. BELIN. All right.
Mrs. REID. I can't remember the time they left.

According to the time estimates given in the FBI interview report.

By contrast, from CE1381 (March 18):

Time estimates are just that-------------estimates.

Ms Arnold sees Mr Oswald in the lunchroom ca. 12:20, then again ca. 12:25.

He may have started to eat. He may have his apple and/or unopened sandwich on the table in front of him. He may be reading a newspaper or somesuch.

Either to start eating (with the coke) or to continue eating

Yep

Because a) that's not what nearly all the testimony is saying, b) Ms Arnold was quite emphatic about the lunchroom sighting when she spoke with Messrs Golz and Summers. Why would she want to make this up? And isn't it striking that her claim chimes not just with what Mr Dougherty saw but also with a claim by Mr Oswald that would not properly become known until 2019?

Sorry, Mr O'Meara, no can do!

You're dismissing too much testimony and creating too many maybes.
Now you're twisting the times around and have Oswald having lunch on the second floor then the first floor.
The ladies she 'accompanies' out of the building give a time @12:15, the same time Arnold gives for seeing Oswald in the foyer.
Occam's Razor

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1236 on: February 06, 2021, 12:22:45 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1237 on: February 06, 2021, 12:35:45 AM »
You're dismissing too much testimony and creating too many maybes.
Now you're twisting the times around and have Oswald having lunch on the second floor then the first floor.

No, I never said that.

The ladies she 'accompanies' out of the building give a time @12:15

Again, you only have Ms Baker giving that impression----------the same Ms Baker who also has Ms Johnson accompanying her from the lunchroom, a notion directly contradicted by Ms Johnson herself.

, the same time Arnold gives for seeing Oswald in the foyer.

And yet in her March '64 interview she says she left the building at 12:25.

We don't know that Ms Arnold gave 12:15 as the time in the original FBI interview. If she told them she saw Mr Oswald behind the front door ca. five minutes before the shooting, there is not a snowball's chance in hell they would have let that stand.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1238 on: February 06, 2021, 12:49:56 AM »
No, I never said that.

Again, you only have Ms Baker giving that impression----------the same Ms Baker who also has Ms Johnson accompanying her from the lunchroom, a notion directly contradicted by Ms Johnson herself.

And yet in her March '64 interview she says she left the building at 12:25.

We don't know that Ms Arnold gave 12:15 as the time in the original FBI interview. If she told them she saw Mr Oswald behind the front door ca. five minutes before the shooting, there is not a snowball's chance in hell they would have let that stand.

So, in your scenario - even though there is ample testimonial evidence the girls all left together and went outside, Arnold went to the toilet instead (maybe). She then decided to return to the lunchroom (maybe). In the time it took her to go to the toilet Oswald appeared sat at a table, maybe having lunch, maybe reading a newspaper. Arnold goes to join her friends outside (something nobody mentions). In the meantime Oswald goes down to the Domino room where he sees Jarman and Norman come in the back door. After this he goes to the foyer where Arnold sees him.
How's that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1238 on: February 06, 2021, 12:49:56 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1239 on: February 06, 2021, 01:04:16 AM »
So, in your scenario - even though there is ample testimonial evidence the girls all left together and went outside,

There isn't a single solid piece of testimonial evidence to that effect.

Arnold went to the toilet instead (maybe).

That's one possibility. Another is she lingered in the office (as suggested in her original FBI report). The fact that these possibilities, and more, are readily available means your knock-down argument against her 1978 claim is easily knocked down.

She then decided to return to the lunchroom (maybe).

No maybe about it. She said she decided to go to the lunchroom. (Where are you getting 'return to' from btw?) I'm not inventing anything here, just listening to the witness. She was quite emphatic about this. Why would she make this up, especially when she can have had no idea of its true significance (i.e. as a startling corroboration of Mr Oswald's actual claim in custody that he visited the second floor lunchroom BEFORE the assassination)?

In the time it took her to go to the toilet Oswald appeared sat at a table

No, he could have been there before that, and she may not have gone to the toilet. What's the big problem?

, maybe having lunch, maybe reading a newspaper.

Sure. What's the big problem?

Arnold goes to join her friends outside (something nobody mentions).

Why would they mention it? It's no big deal.

In the meantime Oswald goes down to the Domino room where he sees Jarman and Norman come in the back door.

Yes.

After this he goes to the foyer where Arnold sees him.

Yes-------he probably checked out the front more than once in this time period. No big deal!

And then, at the last minute, he went outside to watch the P. Parade. No big deal!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:28:54 AM by Alan Ford »