Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 224995 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #1216 on: February 05, 2021, 05:22:50 PM »
Advertisement
Perhaps worth noting again the eyebrow-raising fact that Mr Shelley's March '64 FBI report interview (in CE1381) places Ms Arnold on the front steps at the time of the shooting.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1216 on: February 05, 2021, 05:22:50 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1217 on: February 05, 2021, 08:11:44 PM »
How so?

Arnold is part of a group of women who go out to watch the parade together. Most of them give the time as '12:15 when they go outside.

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #1218 on: February 05, 2021, 08:19:52 PM »

Furthermore! If Officer Baker were anywhere near the front-of-house storage room, he wouldn't have needed anyone's help in finding the stairs............

That door you see is the door to the storage room!

Thumb1:
Not wanting to disrupt the flow of the thread but thought these may be of interest.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1218 on: February 05, 2021, 08:19:52 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1219 on: February 05, 2021, 09:30:13 PM »
Arnold is part of a group of women who go out to watch the parade together. Most of them give the time as '12:15 when they go outside.

Who says they exited the building with her?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1220 on: February 05, 2021, 09:35:51 PM »
Who says they exited the building with her?

I think Virgie Baker states she was "accompanied" by some of the girls including Arnold when she left the second floor to go outside.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1220 on: February 05, 2021, 09:35:51 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1221 on: February 05, 2021, 09:52:57 PM »
I think Virgie Baker states she was "accompanied" by some of the girls including Arnold when she left the second floor to go outside.

Correct, the wording does give that impression Thumb1:

However I think Ms Arnold joined that group outside a little after and Ms Baker simply misremembered four months later.

Cf for example (and from the same CE1381) Ms Judy Johnson, whom Ms Baker includes in the group that supposedly accompanied her from the second floor. She tells a rather different story:

"On November 22, 1963 I left my office, Room 200, Texas School Book Depository Building, about 12 :15 P .M . to go. outside the building to watch the President's Motorcade pass which-was to pass along Elm Street in front of the building . I was with Miss Jeannie Holt, 2521 Pleasant Drive, Dallas, Texas, and Miss Stella Jacob, 508 South Marsalis St ., Dallas, Texas both employees of the Texas School Book Depository . We walked to the southwest corner of Elm and Houston Streets and were joined by Mrs. Bonnie Richey, 220 South Marsalis, Apt . 117, Dallas, Texas, Mrs . Carolyn Arnold, 3325 South Tyler St ., Dallas, Texas"

Ms Betty Dragoo seems to make the same error (if such it be, and if the interview statement is indeed an accurate rendition of what she says) as Ms Baker in this regard.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #1222 on: February 05, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »
Friends, I still believe this man in the light brown jacket, captured here by Mr Hughes in the railroad yards minutes after the assassination, may possibly be the SN shooter. He ticks an improbable number of witness-description boxes-------------

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1222 on: February 05, 2021, 10:02:00 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #1223 on: February 05, 2021, 10:04:53 PM »
Correct, the wording does give that impression Thumb1:

However I think Ms Arnold joined that group outside a little after and Ms Baker simply misremembered four months later.

Cf for example (and from the same CE1381) Ms Judy Johnson, whom Ms Baker includes in the group that supposedly accompanied her from the second floor. She tells a rather different story:

"On November 22, 1963 I left my office, Room 200, Texas School Book Depository Building, about 12 :15 P .M . to go. outside the building to watch the President's Motorcade pass which-was to pass along Elm Street in front of the building . I was with Miss Jeannie Holt, 2521 Pleasant Drive, Dallas, Texas, and Miss Stella Jacob, 508 South Marsalis St ., Dallas, Texas both employees of the Texas School Book Depository . We walked to the southwest corner of Elm and Houston Streets and were joined by Mrs. Bonnie Richey, 220 South Marsalis, Apt . 117, Dallas, Texas, Mrs . Carolyn Arnold, 3325 South Tyler St ., Dallas, Texas"

Ms Betty Dragoo seems to make the same error (if such it be, and if the interview statement is indeed an accurate rendition of what she says) as Ms Baker in this regard.

The above example seems to confirm Arnold and Richey were together - Johnson was joined by Richey and Arnold.
It seems more likely Johnson misremembered as Holt and Jacob were down by the Stemmons sign with Sharon Simmons. None of them mention Johnson.
Arnold left the second floor with Virgie Richey (and others) @ 12:15
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:08:12 PM by Dan O'meara »