Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )  (Read 224980 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Then went outside to watch P. parade ( Parts 1 & 2 )
« Reply #968 on: January 21, 2021, 02:06:41 AM »
Advertisement
So why do you think he needs to fabricate an alibi by making a false claim about having gone to one to eat lunch and then gone outside to watch the P. Parade?

The important part of his false claim is that he was outside watching the P. parade, the implication being that he was outside the TSBD as JFK passed by. This is his first interrogation. He is being questioned about the shooting of the president. The shooting took place from the TSBD. Oswald is the prime suspect for the shooting. His first reaction must be to distance himself from the alleged crime.

Already answered------no, he was not part of the lunchroom hoax.

So Bookhout's report dated the 25th which contains the full lunchroom encounter is not part of the Hoax.
It must be.
How can you say Bookhout isn't part of the Hoax?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:07:54 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #968 on: January 21, 2021, 02:06:41 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #969 on: January 21, 2021, 02:18:09 AM »
The important part of his false claim is that he was outside watching the P. parade, the implication being that he was outside the TSBD as JFK passed by.

You've just done a 180, Mr O'Meara. Just to be clear: You now accept that Mr Oswald did indeed claim to have been outside at the time of the assassination?

So Bookhout's report dated the 25th which contains the full lunchroom encounter is not part of the Hoax.
It must be.
How can you say Bookhout isn't part of the Hoax?

I do apologize, Mr O'Meara, I misread your question: yes, Agent Bookhout (author of the lunchroom-fiction solo interrogation report) was indeed a party to the lunchroom hoax.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #970 on: January 21, 2021, 02:34:22 AM »
You've just done a 180, Mr O'Meara. Just to be clear: You now accept that Mr Oswald did indeed claim to have been outside at the time of the assassination?

Just to be clear Alan.
You asked me this - "Do you believe that Mr Oswald did, however, make those claims in that first interrogation?"
I answered - "Yes, I do believe Oswald made those claims in his first interrogation."

I have not done a 180. I think you might be getting a little tired.

I do apologize, Mr O'Meara, I misread your question: yes, Agent Bookhout (author of the lunchroom-fiction solo interrogation report) was indeed a party to the lunchroom hoax.

Ok, Bookhout is part of the Hoax but Hosty isn't.
Is Fritz part of the Hoax?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #970 on: January 21, 2021, 02:34:22 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #971 on: January 21, 2021, 03:03:24 AM »
Just to be clear Alan.
You asked me this - "Do you believe that Mr Oswald did, however, make those claims in that first interrogation?"
I answered - "Yes, I do believe Oswald made those claims in his first interrogation."

I have not done a 180. I think you might be getting a little tired.

No, Mr O'Meara, you're projecting.

You had been maintaining steadfastly that Mr Oswald merely claimed to have gone outside to watch what he thought would be the P. Parade, but that he never claimed to have been outside actually watching it. Your position has just shifted, most tellingly. You now accept that Mr Oswald did indeed claim to have been "outside watching the P. Parade" (your words). This admission commits you further to recognition of the fact that Mr Oswald's claim in this regard was not accurately reflected in the officially published interrogation reports, i.e. it was covered up.

Now.... You say you don't know where exactly Mr Oswald was at the time the shots rang out. However, you believe Mr Oswald lied because he needed to create an alibi for his part in the assassination. You also believe he confirmed the post-assassination lunchroom encounter with the officer and Mr Truly.

How exactly does confirming a post-assassination lunchroom encounter with an officer and Mr Truly AND claiming to have reacted to this encounter by (first) going down to eat lunch and (then) going outside and watching the P. Parade (!) serve Mr Oswald's cause of fabricating an alibi?

Ok, Bookhout is part of the Hoax but Hosty isn't.
Is Fritz part of the Hoax?

No, at least not initially. On 12/23/63 Captain Fritz writes a report for Chief Jesse Curry in which he mentions that one of his officers (Officer Baker) "stopped" Mr Oswald "on the third or fourth floor on the stairway". Which indicates that, even at this late stage, he was out of the loop on the details of the lunchroom hoax.

However, he was of course a party to the burying of Mr Oswald's actual claims (though he did slip up when giving his WC testimony).

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #972 on: January 21, 2021, 03:12:21 AM »
"Then went out to watch P. parade"

It doesn't say he saw the parade, does it.

O'Meara Exhibit A
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 03:14:04 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #972 on: January 21, 2021, 03:12:21 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #973 on: January 21, 2021, 03:13:00 AM »
The important part of his false claim is that he was outside watching the P. parade, the implication being that he was outside the TSBD as JFK passed by.

O'Meara Exhibit B.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 03:14:17 AM by Alan Ford »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #974 on: January 21, 2021, 12:33:26 PM »

You had been maintaining steadfastly that Mr Oswald merely claimed to have gone outside to watch what he thought would be the P. Parade, but that he never claimed to have been outside actually watching it. Your position has just shifted, most tellingly. You now accept that Mr Oswald did indeed claim to have been "outside watching the P. Parade" (your words). This admission commits you further to recognition of the fact that Mr Oswald's claim in this regard was not accurately reflected in the officially published interrogation reports, i.e. it was covered up.

Calm down Alan. Your flights of fancy are starting to get the better of you and you had been doing so well.
Just to clarify my position on this - I believe Oswald made the claims in Hosty's notes but I do not believe Oswald was being wholly truthful.
This is really simple and not open to the fantastical interpretations you claim I've "been maintaining steadfastly". (Steadfastly?? You really should listen to yourself sometime. It's great)

Now.... You say you don't know where exactly Mr Oswald was at the time the shots rang out. However, you believe Mr Oswald lied because he needed to create an alibi for his part in the assassination. You also believe he confirmed the post-assassination lunchroom encounter with the officer and Mr Truly.

How exactly does confirming a post-assassination lunchroom encounter with an officer and Mr Truly AND claiming to have reacted to this encounter by (first) going down to eat lunch and (then) going outside and watching the P. Parade (!) serve Mr Oswald's cause of fabricating an alibi?

There is nowhere that Oswald claims to have had the encounter with Baker and Truly and to reacted to this by going to eat lunch, then going outside. This is a flight of fancy.
If Oswald's claims are to be taken at face value then he is changing his story. Not an uncommon practice of the guilty.

No, at least not initially. On 12/23/63 Captain Fritz writes a report for Chief Jesse Curry in which he mentions that one of his officers (Officer Baker) "stopped" Mr Oswald "on the third or fourth floor on the stairway". Which indicates that, even at this late stage, he was out of the loop on the details of the lunchroom hoax.

However, he was of course a party to the burying of Mr Oswald's actual claims (though he did slip up when giving his WC testimony).

So in Fritz's notes where he states - "claims 2nd floor coke when off. came in" - you don't believe that's a reference to the lunchroom encounter?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:57:59 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #974 on: January 21, 2021, 12:33:26 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #975 on: January 21, 2021, 02:49:09 PM »
Calm down Alan. Your flights of fancy are starting to get the better of you and you had been doing so well.
Just to clarify my position on this - I believe Oswald made the claims in Hosty's notes but I do not believe Oswald was being wholly truthful.

Exactly-----you've gone from Mr Oswald said he went outside with the intention of watching the P. Parade to Mr Oswald said he actually watched the P. Parade. A clean 180. Want me to re-bump your two recent diametrically opposed posts in order to re-illustrate your 180 to everyone?

There is nowhere that Oswald claims to have had the encounter with Baker and Truly and to reacted to this by going to eat lunch, then going outside. This is a flight of fancy.

Really?

Agent Bookhout's later, solo interrogation report: "Oswald stated that on November 22 1963, at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers, he was on the second floor of said building, having just purchased a Coca-Cola from the soft-drink machine, at which time a police officer came into the room with pistol drawn and asked him if he worked there./Mr. Truly was present and verified that he was an employee and the police officer thereafter left the room and continued through the building. Oswald stated that he took this Coke down to the first floor and stood around and had lunch in the employee’s lunch room. He thereafter went outside and stood around for five or ten minutes with foreman Bill Shelley."

If Oswald's claims are to be taken at face value then he is changing his story.

No, what's changing is the account of what he said.

Agent Hosty's draft interrogation report: "He went to 2nd floor to get Coca Cola to eat with lunch and returned to 1st floor to eat lunch. Then went outside to watch P. Parade."

Agent Bookhout's later, solo interrogation report: "Oswald stated that on November 22 1963, at the time of the search of the Texas School Book Depository building by Dallas police officers, he was on the second floor of said building, having just purchased a Coca-Cola from the soft-drink machine, at which time a police officer came into the room with pistol drawn and asked him if he worked there./Mr. Truly was present and verified that he was an employee and the police officer thereafter left the room and continued through the building. Oswald stated that he took this Coke down to the first floor and stood around and had lunch in the employee’s lunch room. He thereafter went outside and stood around for five or ten minutes with foreman Bill Shelley."

Both of these reports pertain to the same interrogation (the first) and yet tell completely different stories. Given your clarification that you now suddenly accept that the Hosty draft-report version is an accurate reflection of what Mr Oswald did indeed say, it follows that you cannot anymore stand over the later Bookhout version. Which-----------amongst other things------------deprives you of the claim that Mr Oswald himself confirmed a lunchroom encounter.

Not an uncommon practice of the guilty.

Ah, there we have it again: you believe Mr Oswald is guilty. Explains a lot!

What guilty deed do you think Mr Oswald is trying to hide by lying about having eaten lunch on one and then watched the P. Parade outside?

So in Fritz's notes where he states - "claims 2nd floor coke when off. came in" - you don't believe that's a reference to the lunchroom encounter?

Sure, but those notes, like all of Captain Fritz's notes, are derived later from Agent Bookhout's report. The 11/23 report to Chief Curry shows that Captain Fritz was not initially privy to the details of the lunchroom hoax.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 03:22:31 PM by Alan Ford »