Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Wounding of James Tague Refutes the Lone-Gunman Theory  (Read 12128 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: The Wounding of James Tague Refutes the Lone-Gunman Theory
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2020, 07:55:06 PM »
Advertisement
LBJ and Russell September 9,1964:

RUSSELL: No, no, They're trying to prove that the same bullet that hit Kennedy first was the one that hit Connally,
went through him and through his hand, his bone and into his leg... I couldn't hear all the evidence and cross-examine
all of 'em. But I did read the record...I was the only fellow there that...suggested any change whatever in what the
staff got up. This staff business always scares me. I like to put my own views down. But we got you a pretty good report.

LBJ: Well, what difference does it make which bullet got Connally?

RUSSELL: Well, it don't make much difference. But they said that...the commission believes that the same bullet that
hit Kennedy hit Connally. Well I don't believe it.

LBJ: I don't either

RUSSELL: And so I couldn't sign it. And I said that Governor Connally testified directly to the contrary and I'm not
gonna approve of that. So I finally made 'em say there was a difference in the commission, in that part of 'em believed
that that wasn't so. And 'course if a fellow was accurate enough to hit Kennedy right in the neck on one shot and knock
his head off in the next one-and he's leaning up against his wife's head-and not even wound her-why, he didn't miss
completely with that third shot. But according to their theory, he not only missed the whole automobile, but he missed
the the street! Well, a man that's a good enough shot to put two bullets right into Kennedy, he didn't miss that whole
automobile.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=4271&relPageId=27

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2020, 07:55:06 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »
LBJ and Russell September 9,1964:

RUSSELL: No, no, They're trying to prove that the same bullet that hit Kennedy first was the one that hit Connally,
went through him and through his hand, his bone and into his leg... I couldn't hear all the evidence and cross-examine
all of 'em. But I did read the record...I was the only fellow there that...suggested any change whatever in what the
staff got up. This staff business always scares me. I like to put my own views down. But we got you a pretty good report.

LBJ: Well, what difference does it make which bullet got Connally?

RUSSELL: Well, it don't make much difference. But they said that...the commission believes that the same bullet that
hit Kennedy hit Connally. Well I don't believe it.

LBJ: I don't either

RUSSELL: And so I couldn't sign it. And I said that Governor Connally testified directly to the contrary and I'm not
gonna approve of that. So I finally made 'em say there was a difference in the commission, in that part of 'em believed
that that wasn't so. And 'course if a fellow was accurate enough to hit Kennedy right in the neck on one shot and knock
his head off in the next one-and he's leaning up against his wife's head-and not even wound her-why, he didn't miss
completely with that third shot. But according to their theory, he not only missed the whole automobile, but he missed
the the street! Well, a man that's a good enough shot to put two bullets right into Kennedy, he didn't miss that whole
automobile.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=4271&relPageId=27

He didn't miss that whole automobile.

Probably not.

Third shot impact z350ish

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »
He didn't miss that whole automobile.

Probably not.

Third shot impact z350ish

Which shooter didn't miss?

There are witness reports of bullets hitting, a curb, concrete, pavement and turf.

IMO more than one shooter was firing and from more than one location.

Professionals would have created diversions to misdirect the attention of the Secret Service and witnesses as to the source of the shots

and to facilitate escape. IMO

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2020, 10:28:54 PM »

Has anyone said the fragment had to go over the rollbar?

Remember, these are fragments. They are not aerodynamically sound. They are unevenly shaped. They could have gone over the roll bar like a boomerang and hit Tague.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2020, 12:57:33 AM »
Remember, these are fragments. They are not aerodynamically sound. They are unevenly shaped. They could have gone over the roll bar like a boomerang and hit Tague.
Correct.
And, since there were two head shots, that kind of doubles the odds.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2020, 12:57:33 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2020, 01:40:09 AM »
Altgens looks pretty perpendicular to the limo about z349, and also, since the limo - by design- is in the middle of Elm St. , i.e. one lane's width, and standard lane width is 12 feet, ...we seem to be back to that 15 ft. (Altgens was on the grass, so there's 2 to 3 ft. to add.)

The Warren Commission stated "The width of each concrete roadway through the Plaza is 40 feet."

If the lanes on Elm Street were evenly placed apart, each lane is about 13 feet wide (add to that about 5- or 6-inches width for each of the two road stripes). 13' x 3 = 39' (plus approx 1' for width of both stripes). 40' total.

The car is 78.6" wide. If centered in the center road lane, the car would be 38.7" from each road stripe. Altgens was at least 13 feet (the width of a road lane) from the center lane's east stripe. It is not clear to me that he is actually standing on the curb, but instead is a bit back.

If Altgens was right at the curb, the closest Altgens got to the rear door as it passed him was about 16.8' to 17'.

"This would put me at approximately this area here, which would be about 15 feet
     from me at the time he was shot in the head--about 15 feet from the car on the
     west side of the car--on the side that Mrs. Kennedy was riding in the car."

Altgens was roughly 15 feet from the car during the moments following the head shot. It is incorrect to claim he was 15 feet from JFK when the head shot occurred.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2020, 02:00:55 AM »
Except, how wide is Elm St.? 
Back of curb to back of curb? 37 ft or 41 ft [typical 3 lane Dallas city street widths]--- So Jerry O is real close there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2020, 02:00:55 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2020, 02:10:05 AM »
The Warren Commission stated "The width of each concrete roadway through the Plaza is 40 feet."

If the lanes on Elm Street were evenly placed apart, each lane is about 13 feet wide (add to that about 5- or 6-inches width for each of the two road stripes). 13' x 3 = 39' (plus approx 1' for width of both stripes). 40' total.

The car is 78.6" wide. If centered in the center road lane, the car would be 38.7" from each road stripe. Altgens was at least 13 feet (the width of a road lane) from the center lane's east stripe. It is not clear to me that he is actually standing on the curb, but instead is a bit back.

If Altgens was right at the curb, the closest Altgens got to the rear door as it passed him was about 16.8' to 17'.

"This would put me at approximately this area here, which would be about 15 feet
     from me at the time he was shot in the head--about 15 feet from the car on the
     west side of the car--on the side that Mrs. Kennedy was riding in the car."

Altgens was roughly 15 feet from the car during the moments following the head shot. It is incorrect to claim he was 15 feet from JFK when the head shot occurred.
His testimony is pretty simple.
We have already established his professional experience with estimating distance.
You have confirmed that 15 ft is pretty darn close. ( Thanks.)
He states that he was 15 ft from the president " at the time he was shot in the head".
Perhaps there's something I missed?
Or are you and Organ and Mytton missing something?