Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Wounding of James Tague Refutes the Lone-Gunman Theory  (Read 12123 times)

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: The Wounding of James Tague Refutes the Lone-Gunman Theory
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2020, 03:24:26 AM »
Advertisement
I thought it might have been a womans handbag. And was wondering why she left it there.
Ike Altgens testimony is quite informative. Have you ever read it?
He mentions his " gadget bag".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2020, 03:24:26 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2020, 03:28:01 AM »
Ike Altgens testimony is quite informative. Have you ever read it?
He mentions his " gadget bag".
Read it a while ago. Just forgot.

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2020, 07:28:00 AM »
Altgens says he was "about 15 feet" from Kennedy's Limo and the Limo was about 21 feet long so by using Jerry's graphic the measurement from Altgens to Kennedy's Limo is about 18-19 feet.

Mr. ALTGENS - This would put me at approximately this area here, which would be about 15 feet from me at the time he was shot in the head--about 15 feet from the car on the west side of the car--on the side that Mrs. Kennedy was riding in the car.

Credit Jerry Organ

JohnM
So,  Altgens was about 18 to 19 feet from the limo, because the limo was 21 feet long. Okay, I guess.
Except, how wide is Elm St.? Was that factored into the calculation? Exactly how?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2020, 07:28:00 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2020, 07:43:08 AM »

(Note: The 40-Foot Scale Should Read 80-Foot)
"Altgens at Z-346" is Cutler's positioning of Algtens in the Zapruder film

Altgens is oblique to the limousine's line-of-travel, which increases by a few feet his distance from the car. At Z-346, I estimate (based on Cutler's map) that Altgens is about 22 feet from Mrs. Kennedy's car door. The car seems to pass closest to Altgens in the Z350s.

Under the stressful circumstances (and given that the car did pass very near to Altgens) Altgens' estimate is within reason. But it's an estimate that's not possible.

Altgens looks pretty perpendicular to the limo about z349, and also, since the limo - by design- is in the middle of Elm St. , i.e. one lane's width, and standard lane width is 12 feet, ...we seem to be back to that 15 ft. (Altgens was on the grass, so there's 2 to 3 ft. to add.)

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2020, 08:10:12 AM »
So,  Altgens was about 18 to 19 feet from the limo, because the limo was 21 feet long. Okay, I guess.
Except, how wide is Elm St.? Was that factored into the calculation? Exactly how?

Since this really isn't that important, well except for anal retentive nitpickers, in the end I took Jerry's approximation from Altgens to Jackie's door/Kennedy's head to be about 30 feet so I divided his overall measurement into 3 pieces and hence the overall proportional distance is about 18-19 feet. If you really want to figure it out exactly to an inch then be my guest and forever more you can be the hero of this insignificant factoid. Thumb1:

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2020, 08:10:12 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2020, 03:34:45 PM »
Since this really isn't that important, well except for anal retentive nitpickers, in the end I took Jerry's approximation from Altgens to Jackie's door/Kennedy's head to be about 30 feet so I divided his overall measurement into 3 pieces and hence the overall proportional distance is about 18-19 feet. If you really want to figure it out exactly to an inch then be my guest and forever more you can be the hero of this insignificant factoid. Thumb1:

JohnM
Thanks,  Mr Fallacious Arguments

So, when asked a simple question, you go full ad hominem " anal retentive nitpickers", and then go to the absurd,  " exactly to an inch" , and then try to minimize, " insignificant factoid".

Yet, you never get around to answering the question.
Did you factor in the width of the street?
If so, please show your work.
Thx.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »
(Altgens was on the grass, so there's 2 to 3 ft. to add.)

Don't wan tot seem picky but Altgen wasn't standing 2 to 3 ft back from the curb. His left foot is standing on the curb.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2020, 05:21:31 PM »
Don't wan tot seem picky but Altgen wasn't standing 2 to 3 ft back from the curb. His left foot is standing on the curb.

. You're not being picky. Always appreciate corrections and more info, especially when delivered politely.
Thanks.