Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 80164 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Advertisement
Prob not deemed relevant. Just like the clipboard.

(Not wishing to take this excellent thread off-topic, but...) I suspect the clipboard was made relevant (months later) because of the discovery around that time of two curtain rods in the Depository.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Michael these are the facts. The lunch was deemed to be associated with the assassin for days. Why were the items not sent to the FBI for analysis that evening?

It seems obvious, doesn't it?--------------Lt Day did here what he would do several months later with the curtain rods: check them for Mr Oswald's prints. When a negative result was given, the bones/bottle were deemed suddenly irrelevant and so not sent on to the FBI. It's not like the 'investigating' authorities had the slightest desire to discover that someone other than Mr Oswald had been at the SN! I mean, just imagine if the prints turned out not to belong to any Depository employee... Why, it would only confuse the already traumatized public terribly, and who would want that?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 08:02:40 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

The only real problem with Rowland's description of the black male in the SN is his age.

Exactly------------Mr Williams had little or no hair, and was wearing a bright plaid shirt that day! And besides, who cares about a 20-year-old man being mistaken for a wrinkled man in his fifties? Happens all the time! Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Exactly------------Mr Williams had little or no hair, and was wearing a bright plaid shirt that day! And besides, who cares about a 20-year-old man being mistaken for a wrinkled man in his fifties? Happens all the time! Thumb1:
Rowland makes it clear he didn't pay much attention to the man in the SN and his description must be viewed in that light.
He describes a black male who is very thin which comfortably describes BRW
He describes him as " bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald". BRW had a very high forehead and quite close cropped hair. Viewed from a distance, looking upwards with a dark background I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility BRW could appear 'practically bald':

He describes him as wearing "a plaid shirt. I think it was red and green, very bright color". This is a reach but as we know he was wearing a green shirt and was also eating a bag of Fritos, a very bright red colour. I can see him holding the bag up in front of himself as he eats them and we know he finished them off (I believe Studebaker mentions Frito crumbs in the sack but I don't know what happened to the bag). Rowland, not paying much attention sees the bright colours held up in front of BRW and thinks it's part of the shirt.
As for his age, Rowland seems pretty sure he's quite elderly but he does say this:" Seemed like his face was either--I can't recall detail but it was either very wrinkled or marked in some way." It was marked in some way - BRW had a moustache!
He also notes, when asked about the age of the man with the rifle, that his estimation "could be obscured because of the distance," which he estimates as 150 to 175 feet.
Finally, he describes the man in the SN as being "fairly dark, not real dark compared to some Negroes, but fairly dark".
Rowland's observations have to be taken in the context of the distance, the elevation and, as he says himself, he wasn't really paying that much attention to the man in the SN. His description shouldn't be held as 100% accurate.

Offline Alan Ford

Rowland makes it clear he didn't pay much attention to the man in the SN and his description must be viewed in that light.
He describes a black male who is very thin which comfortably describes BRW
He describes him as " bald or practically bald, very thin hair if he wasn't bald". BRW had a very high forehead and quite close cropped hair. Viewed from a distance, looking upwards with a dark background I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility BRW could appear 'practically bald':

He describes him as wearing "a plaid shirt. I think it was red and green, very bright color". This is a reach but as we know he was wearing a green shirt and was also eating a bag of Fritos, a very bright red colour. I can see him holding the bag up in front of himself as he eats them and we know he finished them off (I believe Studebaker mentions Frito crumbs in the sack but I don't know what happened to the bag). Rowland, not paying much attention sees the bright colours held up in front of BRW and thinks it's part of the shirt.
As for his age, Rowland seems pretty sure he's quite elderly but he does say this:" Seemed like his face was either--I can't recall detail but it was either very wrinkled or marked in some way." It was marked in some way - BRW had a moustache!
He also notes, when asked about the age of the man with the rifle, that his estimation "could be obscured because of the distance," which he estimates as 150 to 175 feet.
Finally, he describes the man in the SN as being "fairly dark, not real dark compared to some Negroes, but fairly dark".
Rowland's observations have to be taken in the context of the distance, the elevation and, as he says himself, he wasn't really paying that much attention to the man in the SN. His description shouldn't be held as 100% accurate.

The only real problem with Rowland's description of the black male in the SN is that it most of it doesn't fit Mr Williams, so let's ignore most of Rowland's description of the black male in the SN and cherry-pick the bits we like.

Got it, thanks!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

The only real problem with Rowland's description of the black male in the SN is that it most of it doesn't fit Mr Williams, so let's ignore most of Rowland's description of the black male in the SN and cherry-pick the bits we like.

Got it, thanks!  Thumb1:
But you do agree that Williams is up on the 6th floor having his lunch at the time Rowland makes his observation?

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Hoover never pulled rank. He never had the authority to do so. The DPD handed the evidence over to the FBI on Nov 22 voluntarily.

This is erroneous. The FBI began badgering the DPD to hand over any and all evidence soon after the DPD had Oswald in custody. There was not much "voluntary" about it when the FBI was indicating that the DPD didn't "voluntarily" hand over the evidence, they might simply come and take it. And a few days later, after the FBI had "returned" the evidence to the DPD for less than 48 hours, the FBI flat-out demanded that the DPD hand over all the evidence again, this time forever, and the DPD complied.

And the WC never did explain why their alleged lone gunman, who supposedly possessed a high degree of marksmanship skills, did not fire at JFK when the limo was on Houston Street, when the shooting would have been much easier because his target was coming toward him in a straight line, but instead waited until his target was moving away from him at an angle and when his view of the target was obstructed for nearly 2 seconds. Any halfway competent marksman would have fired while the limo was on Houston Street while his target was coming straight toward him with nothing obstructing his view of the target.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 02:37:44 AM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

This is erroneous. The FBI began badgering the DPD to hand over any and all evidence soon after the DPD had Oswald in custody. There was not much "voluntary" about it when the FBI was indicating that the DPD didn't "voluntarily" hand over the evidence, they might simply come and take it. And a few days later, after the FBI had "returned" the evidence to the DPD for less than 48 hours, the FBI flat-out demanded that the DPD hand over all the evidence again, this time forever, and the DPD complied.

You've been studying this case for how long? Well over 20 years? And you're still clueless on the facts of it. The DPD voluntarily handed over evidence to the FBI and Nov 22. It's right there in Curry's sworn testimony.

Mr. Curry. But we finally, the night, about midnight of Friday night, we agreed to let the FBI have all the evidence and they said they would bring it to their laboratory and they would have an agent stand by and when they were finished with it to return it to us.

The FBI never flat-out demanded that the DPD hand over any of the evidence at any time. Nor could they.