Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 80162 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Advertisement
In his WCT Day states:
"... there was a sack of some chicken bones and a bottle brought into the identification bureau. I think I still have that sack and bottle down there. The chicken bones, I finally threw them away that laid around there. In my talking to the men who were working on that floor, November 25, they stated, one of them stated, he had eaten lunch over there.
Is he saying he still has the bottle and sack at the DPD as late his WC testimony?

It would appear that he did not have Williams prints until mid June 1964. A month after his WC testimony he provided this.

In his WC testimony Day claimed he discovered the owner of the lunch on Monday 25 November. Until that time Williams had provided this to authorities about his movements and activities.

11/22/63 DPD

In his initial statement nothing about visiting the 6th floor to eat lunch that day. He stated that the shots came from above. The floor laying crew were all brought in for questioning that day because they worked on that floor. We can conclude he is aware the 6th floor is a "spot of keen interest" to the police yet does not  mention that he had been there. His statement implies that after leaving the 6th floor to break for lunch he went to the 5th floor with Jarman and Norman and that they were there only a short time before the shooting.

11/23/63 FBI

Williams now tells of the lunch trip to the 6th floor. There are no details provided as to the contents of the lunch. He claimed he went back upstairs about 12. His stay on the 6th floor only lasts three minutes before joining Jarman and Norman on the 5th floor.

He had not spoken of any lunch components or even any position on the east side of the building. After Day's discovery Williams provided this on December 2.

Williams collected his lunch from the first floor and went to the 6th floor. He sat at windows "in the centre of the building". A Dr Pepper bottle and chicken bones  (no mention of a lunch bag) were left together on the floor. He didn't see or hear anyone and only ate his lunch for a few minutes. The lunch was "finished" and he left immediately for the 5th floor prior to 12.15pm. (Note 12.15 is mentioned specifically, one doesn’t need to be Einstein to know the relevance of that).

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 02:31:34 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

I think that the basics are fairly straightforward. The inclusion of the Doritos bag may not be essential but was mentioned by Studebaker during his WC testimony.

Unless anyone objects I believe we can agree that the lunch remnants were found on the 6th floor within half an hour or so of the shots.

My next question is, in what state were they originally found? Were all the chicken bones inside the lunch sack or were there bones outside the bag?

Anyone want to dispute the idea that the evidence suggests that originally at least one chicken bone was found outside the lunch sack?

Online Dan O'meara

Anyone want to dispute the idea that the evidence suggests that originally at least one chicken bone was found outside the lunch sack?
Jerry Hill states in his WCT:
"On top of the larger stack of boxes that would have been used for concealment. there was a chicken leg bone and a paper sack..."
This is obviously the half eaten chicken piece spotted by Mooney (who isn't sure which stack of boxes the chicken piece is on but Hill seems to confirm it's the stack that actually forms part of the SN)
At some point the chicken piece seems to go missing and all we hear about is chicken bones.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Jerry Hill states in his WCT:
"On top of the larger stack of boxes that would have been used for concealment. there was a chicken leg bone and a paper sack..."
This is obviously the half eaten chicken piece spotted by Mooney (who isn't sure which stack of boxes the chicken piece is on but Hill seems to confirm it's the stack that actually forms part of the SN)
At some point the chicken piece seems to go missing and all we hear about is chicken bones.

Harry Weatherford

The 11-23-63 report of Deputy Sheriff Harry Weatherford notes "I came down to the 6th floor, and while searching this floor, Deputy Luke Mooney said "here are some shells." I went over to where he was and saw 3 expended rifle shells, a sack on the floor and a partially eaten piece of chicken on top of one of the cartons which was used as a sort of barricade."

Officer A. D. McCurley, Deputy Sheriff, Dallas County Sheriff's Office (Statement 11/22/63)

Officer Jack Faulkner and I, together with several other City officers went to the building and started checking the floors. We were searching the 6th floor when Deputy Sheriff Mooney, who was also on the 6th floor, hollered that he had found the place where the assassin had fired from. I went over and saw 3 expended shells laying by the window that faced onto Elm Street, along with a half-eaten piece of chicken that was laying on a cardboard carton. It appeared as if the assassin had piled up a bunch of boxes to hide from the view of anyone who happened to come up on that floor and had arranged 3 other cartons of books next to the window as though to make a rifle rest. This area was roped off and guarded until Captain Will Fritz of Dallas Police Department Homicide Bureau arrived. It was about this same time that Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone yelled that he had found the rifle which had been placed between some rows of cardboard boxes near the staircase which leads down to the 5th floor.

Online Dan O'meara

It would appear that he did not have Williams prints until mid June 1964. A month after his WC testimony he provided this.

In his WC testimony Day claimed he discovered the owner of the lunch on Monday 25 November. Until that time Williams had provided this to authorities about his movements and activities.

11/22/63 DPD

In his initial statement nothing about visiting the 6th floor to eat lunch that day. He stated that the shots came from above. The floor laying crew were all brought in for questioning that day because they worked on that floor. We can conclude he is aware the 6th floor is a "spot of keen interest" to the police yet does not  mention that he had been there. His statement implies that after leaving the 6th floor to break for lunch he went to the 5th floor with Jarman and Norman and that they were there only a short time before the shooting.

11/23/63 FBI

Williams now tells of the lunch trip to the 6th floor. There are no details provided as to the contents of the lunch. He claimed he went back upstairs about 12. His stay on the 6th floor only lasts three minutes before joining Jarman and Norman on the 5th floor.

He had not spoken of any lunch components or even any position on the east side of the building. After Day's discovery Williams provided this on December 2.

Williams collected his lunch from the first floor and went to the 6th floor. He sat at windows "in the centre of the building". A Dr Pepper bottle and chicken bones  (no mention of a lunch bag) were left together on the floor. He didn't see or hear anyone and only ate his lunch for a few minutes. The lunch was "finished" and he left immediately for the 5th floor prior to 12.15pm. (Note 12.15 is mentioned specifically, one doesn’t need to be Einstein to know the relevance of that).
I'm probably going 'off piste' here but I wanted to check when the 12:15 pm time became important. In his same-day affidavit Rowland certainly hints at a 12:15pm time for spotting the man with the rifle but there is no mention of the black male in the SN. So I went to Rowland's statement of 24th November, the day before Day discovers the owner of the lunch. In it there is no mention of the man in the SN but at the bottom of the statement I noted it says "I have read this 3 page statement which contains to my knowledge the correct truth"
But there are only 2 pages.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pdf/WH16_CE_358.pdf

Does this mean anything? Also, is there a piece of chicken and chicken bones in the sack or are they the same thing?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:01:38 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gerry Down

Also, is there a piece of chicken and chicken bones in the sack or are they the same thing?

The sack was photographed near the soda bottle on the 6th floor. It was well away from the snipers window.

Online Dan O'meara

Harry Weatherford

The 11-23-63 report of Deputy Sheriff Harry Weatherford notes "I came down to the 6th floor, and while searching this floor, Deputy Luke Mooney said "here are some shells." I went over to where he was and saw 3 expended rifle shells, a sack on the floor and a partially eaten piece of chicken on top of one of the cartons which was used as a sort of barricade."

Officer A. D. McCurley, Deputy Sheriff, Dallas County Sheriff's Office (Statement 11/22/63)

Officer Jack Faulkner and I, together with several other City officers went to the building and started checking the floors. We were searching the 6th floor when Deputy Sheriff Mooney, who was also on the 6th floor, hollered that he had found the place where the assassin had fired from. I went over and saw 3 expended shells laying by the window that faced onto Elm Street, along with a half-eaten piece of chicken that was laying on a cardboard carton. It appeared as if the assassin had piled up a bunch of boxes to hide from the view of anyone who happened to come up on that floor and had arranged 3 other cartons of books next to the window as though to make a rifle rest. This area was roped off and guarded until Captain Will Fritz of Dallas Police Department Homicide Bureau arrived. It was about this same time that Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone yelled that he had found the rifle which had been placed between some rows of cardboard boxes near the staircase which leads down to the 5th floor.
I notice in Weatherford's statement the sack, which was on the same box as the chicken piece when Mooney got there, is now on the floor. So much for securing the scene.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

The sack was photographed near the soda bottle on the 6th floor. It was well away from the snipers window.

. . . at the time of the photograph.