Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 81259 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Advertisement
Well, until January, at the latest. I think they simply acceded to his panicked request to cover for him.

The Jan 14 FBI statements were still indicating he came up with them. No specific mention of Williams joining them from the 6th floor for 2 months after the assassination. Williams had abandoned his story of going up with the other two in the west elevator the day after. I believe Ball and Belin "sorted" the numerous inconsistencies in their statements out in the March visit to Dallas. That is where the possibility of Williams eating about 20 feet from a crouching mouse like Oswald in the SN was developed as the best option for the LN scenario.

They also sorted out many of the logistical problems with their movements post shots at that time.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Was the Fritos bag found with William's lunch? Can't recall it being mentioned.

Offline Alan Ford

You do know Williams ate something other than chicken that day.....

Mr. BALL. Did you have anything else in your lunch besides chicken?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I had a bag of Fritos, I believe it was.

Anyone know the bright colours on a Fritos bag in 1963?

A bit of a reach, Mr Crow!

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

The Jan 14 FBI statements were still indicating he came up with them. No specific mention of Williams joining them from the 6th floor for 2 months after the assassination. Williams had abandoned his story of going up with the other two in the west elevator the day after. I believe Ball and Belin "sorted" the numerous inconsistencies in their statements out in the March visit to Dallas. That is where the possibility of Williams eating about 20 feet from a crouching mouse like Oswald in the SN was developed as the best option for the LN scenario.

They also sorted out many of the logistical problems with their movements post shots at that time.

The Jan 14 statement from Norman I posted states clearly that Mr Williams did not come up on the elevator with him & Mr Jarman.

On the bigger question----------

Again, Mr Crow, I'm suggesting we drop the assumption that Mr Williams spent any significant time up on that sixth floor after noon. Doesn't it seem pretty unlikely that the conspirators would not have devised a plan for commandeering that floor? Would they really have left their arena of operations to the vagaries of happenstance? ('So long as no pesky employee comes up there, we'll go ahead with the assassination!')

For all we know, a number of employees really did do what Mr Williams had been led to expect they would do---------go back up to six with the intention of watching the assassination from there. Why wouldn't they?

It is very possible that Mr Williams was met up there by (someone posing as?) a law enforcement/security detail man who told him the floor was out of bounds. It is also very possible that Mr Williams was not the only employee to have that experience. I'm thinking Messrs Piper, Givens*, Dougherty and Frazier specifically.

Add such a scenario into the mix, and the disastrous problems with each of the above men's testimony finds a simple common explanation: out of sheer self-protection, they were hiding an encounter with a 'cop'/'security man' on the sixth floor shortly before the motorcade.

Worth considering, no?

Also worth considering is the oddness of Messrs Norman and Jarman's decision to go up to the fifth floor and not up to the floor everyone had talked about watching the motorcade from (i.e. sixth). Did the pair down on the sidewalk spot Mr Williams up on the fifth floor and decide to join him?

Finally, I do not accept the assumption that the chicken bones (apparently) found up on six were Mr Williams'----------or that he ever in his life ate a chicken-on-the-bone sandwich!

*Perhaps this is the true circumstance behind Inspector Sawyer's comment that Mr Givens was "supposed to have been a witness to the man being on that floor...  the man that did the shooting"? And perhaps Mr Givens really did go back up to six to get his cigarettes, only the reason it took a LONG time for him to go on the record about this trip upstairs was that the man he met up there was, horror of horrors, not Mr Lee Harvey Oswald-----------and not even a Depository employee?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:51:22 AM by Alan Ford »

Online Dan O'meara

The Jan 14 statement from Norman I posted states clearly that Mr Williams did not come up on the elevator with him & Mr Jarman.

Again, Mr Crow, I'm suggesting we drop the assumption that Mr Williams spent any significant time up on that sixth floor after noon. Doesn't it seem pretty unlikely that the conspirators would not have devised a plan for commandeering that floor? Would they really have left their arena of operations to the vagaries of happenstance? ('So long as no pesky employee comes up there, we'll go ahead with the assassination!')

For all we know, a number of employees really did do what Mr Williams had been led to expect they would do---------go back up to six with the intention of watching the assassination from there. Why didn't they?

It is very possible that Mr Williams was met up there by (someone posing as?) a law enforcement/security detail man who told him the floor was out of bounds. It is also very possible that Mr Williams was not the only employee to have that experience. I'm thinking Messrs Piper, Givens*, Dougherty and Frazier specifically.

Add such a scenario into the mix, and the disastrous problems with each of the above men's testimony finds a simple common explanation: out of sheer self-protection, they were hiding an encounter with a 'cop'/'security man' on the sixth floor shortly before the motorcade.

Worth considering, no?

Also worth considering is the oddness of Messrs Norman and Jarman's decision to go up to the fifth floor and not up to the floor everyone had talked about watching the motorcade from (i.e. sixth). Did the pair down on the sidewalk spot Mr Williams up on the fifth floor and decide to join him?

Finally, I do not accept the assumption that the chicken bones (apparently) found up on six were Mr Williams'----------or that he ate a chicken-on-the-bone sandwich!

*Perhaps this is the true circumstance behind Inspector Sawyer's comment that Mr Givens was "supposed to have been a witness to the man being on that floor"?

Or...

Williams is a co-conspirator who has to own up to it being his lunch because his fingerprints were probably found on the bottle that was tested for fingerprints but was discarded because they weren't Oswald's. This amazingly important evidence was then destroyed. Mooney places the half eaten chicken in the SN, indicating Williams was interrupted having his lunch. Interrupted by the unexpected arrival of Jarman and Norman on the fifth which he has to check out. This doesn't happen until very close to the arrival of the motorcade on Houston (Norman, Jarman and Truly testify to the late decision to go up to the fifth floor). He arrives at the 5th floor window seconds before the motorcade turns off Main Street and has to take control of the situation.
Wiliams' excuse for being up on the 6th floor is that the others had talked about going up there to watch the motorcade, something that nobody else confirms. He made it up to justify his presence there.
Jarman and Norman are forced into lying about where Williams was. Givens is forced into lying about seeing Oswald on the 6th
Williams was sat in the SN with an assassin, very probably the man with the rifle Rowland saw.

IMO  8)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Was the Fritos bag found with William's lunch? Can't recall it being mentioned.

Mr. STUDEBAKER. No; they were all inside the sack, wrapped up and put right back In. It had a little piece of Fritos in the sack, too.

Offline Colin Crow

For all we know, a number of employees really did do what Mr Williams had been led to expect they would do---------go back up to six with the intention of watching the assassination from there. Why wouldn't they?

Worth considering, no?

Finally, I do not accept the assumption that the chicken bones (apparently) found up on six were Mr Williams'----------or that he ever in his life ate a chicken-on-the-bone sandwich!

*Perhaps this is the true circumstance behind Inspector Sawyer's comment that Mr Givens was "supposed to have been a witness to the man being on that floor...  the man that did the shooting"? And perhaps Mr Givens really did go back up to six to get his cigarettes, only the reason it took a LONG time for him to go on the record about this trip upstairs was that the man he met up there was, horror of horrors, not Mr Lee Harvey Oswald-----------and not even a Depository employee?

Alan, the Jan 14 FBI statement from Norman does not mention Williams joining them from the 6th floor, I agree it varies from Jarman and his repeated claims (and Williams initial statement) in that detail.

As for the claim about employees mentioning returning to the 6th floor to watch, as far as I know only Williams mentioned this and he claimed Lovelady and Arce were involved. Those two were part of the floor laying crew, Jarman and Norman were not (although Norman did spend some time up there at times "shooting the breeze").

I don’t know exactly what happened. All I can try and show is that the official statements, when analysed, are not consistent with the final version of events that appear in the Warren Report. Also Williams, Norman and Jarman lied repeatedly about Williams movements, the former's story diverging significantly from the other two from Nov 23 until the time of their appearance before the commission. This occurred just after Ball and Belin travelled to Dallas to "sort things out" for the lone nut scenario.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Gerry Down

I don’t know exactly what happened. All I can try and show is that the official statements, when analysed, are not consistent with the final version of events that appear in the Warren Report. Also Williams, Norman and Jarman lied repeatedly about Williams movements, the former's story diverging significantly from the other two from Nov 23 until the time of their appearance before the commission. This occurred just after Ball and Belin travelled to Dallas to "sort things out" for the lone nut scenario.

Both the WC and HSCA were covering up things. For example, the HSCA never asked white house photographer Robert Knuden if he had taken photos at JFKs autopsy, even though he had admitted to in Newsweek in 1977.

Why didn't they ask him?

Maybe they knew he had secretly taken photos and didn't want the public to know. In which case, best not to ask him on the public record.