Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 81374 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Advertisement
And implicate an employee in a murder Truly knew - in your scenario - he couldn't have committed?

Better than have it come out that he had cleared a non-employee caught walking away from the rear stairway! Besides, I wouldn't assume that Mr Truly was whiter-than-white going into 11/22.

And what about all the other people on the stairs who also must have seen Baker running towards the building and interacting with Oswald and Truly? How could Truly be sure they all would keep their mouths shut or tell the same story as he?

He couldn't. Nor could the 'investigators'. But pressure could be applied (and it was, and it worked). The one thing Mr Truly could be sure of was that his goose was cooked if the world got wind that he had cleared that non-employee. So-------------least worst option. He must have breathed a sigh of relief when Mr Oswald was murdered on the Sunday...

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Better than have it come out that he had cleared a non-employee caught walking away from the rear stairway! Besides, I wouldn't assume that Mr Truly was whiter-than-white going into 11/22.

He couldn't. Nor could the 'investigators'. But pressure could be applied (and it was, and it worked). The one thing Mr Truly could be sure of was that his goose was cooked if the world got wind that he had cleared that non-employee. So-------------least worst option. He must have breathed a sigh of relief when Mr Oswald was murdered on the Sunday...

I'm having major difficulties wrapping my head around this "scenario" as the implications are staggering. My main concern is that this entire theory is derived from a comment made by Jarman to the HSCA about what Lovelady is supposed to have told him some 15 years earlier. It is easy to start with a conclusion based on such a shaky comment and look for "evidence" and assumptions that go along with it, but that would be a false narrative. We know how this works, as we've seen the WC do it time after time.

I can not get passed the possibility that Jarman simply misremembered what Lovelady told him, if indeed Lovelady told him anything to begin with. Let's not ignore the fact that this is just one version of what could have happened. You've got Roger Craig saying he saw a man looking like Oswald running down the grassy hill and towards a Rambler at around 12.40. Then we have Frazier who is on record saying that, about 10 minutes after the shots, he saw Oswald walking down Houston towards the junction with Elm Street and disappear in the crowd. And then of course there is the official version of Oswald leaving the building within 3 minutes after the shots. They all can't be true!

It is my belief that the best lie is one that stays as close to the truth as possible, and involves the smallest number of people possible, preferably on a need to know basis, and that's not what I am seeing here. The consequences and implications of what Jarman told the HSCA are massive as it opens the door to speculation about a massive conspiracy, which I honestly do not believe ever existed.

Even if somebody like Truly was coerced, he would still, by playing along, become an accessory after the fact to the murder of a President and the framing of a man he must have known was innocent. The same goes for Shelley and Lovelady, to name but a few. It seems inconceivable to me that all these people would be able to carry such a heavy burden for the rest of their lives and not say anything to anybody.

Do you have any information/evidence to support you opinion about Truly and what he is supposed to have done as well as his motivation for doing it?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:35:42 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Alan Ford

I'm having major difficulties wrapping my head around this "scenario" as the implications are staggering. My main concern is that this entire theory is derived from a comment made by Jarman to the HSCA about what Lovelady is supposed to have told him some 15 years earlier.

Happy to allay your concern, Mr Weidmann: the 'entire theory' is most certainly not 'derived from a comment made by Jarman to the HSCA.' That's only one clue among many as to what really happened.

Now! Let's get one thing clear. The idea that Mr Oswald went out front to watch the motorcade is not our theory, it is his own claim:

Kindly note: Captain Fritz, Agents Bookhout & Hosty, et al suppressed this claim (it only came to light last year!). Now why do you think they might have wanted to lie about what Mr Oswald told them as to his whereabouts at the time of the assassination?

The idea that Mr Oswald had an encounter with an officer at the front entrance just after the assassination is not our theory, it is both Mr Oswald's own claim (as recalled by Postal Inspector Holmes) and the information first given to the press on 11/22/63 by the DPD.

This case now comes down to two rival claims:

1. Mr Oswald's (I went outside to watch the P. parade)

2. The official "investigators'" (He shot JFK from the sixth floor)

Claim #2 has had 57 years to vindicate itself, and the results have been v. poor, to say the least.

Claim #1 is in the rudest of rude health. It constitutes not just the only serious counter-claim to the official theory-------------it's looking more and more like the only serious claim, period.

All we're doing here is merely reestablishing the basic facts that were already known to Captain Fritz & Co. by the early afternoon of 11/22/63!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:17:05 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Now! Let's get one thing clear. The idea that Mr Oswald went out front to watch the motorcade is not our theory, it is his own claim:

This is not Oswald's claim. It's Fritz's claim. These are not Oswald's notes or a statement signed by him. As such they can't be used to support any kind of claim.

Offline John Iacoletti

Ok, then the stuff Fritz claimed Oswald said about carrying a pistol, or denying the curtain rod story can be discarded too.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

This is not Oswald's claim. It's Fritz's claim.

Incorrect, Mr O'Meara!

Offline Thomas Graves

Incorrect, Mr O'Meara!

Dear Alan,

Have you recently found a tape recording of the interrogation session at issue?

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Incorrect, Mr O'Meara!
Well that settles that  ???