Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 81260 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Advertisement
What I'm getting at is could see have seen them in the shipping area when coming in through the main entrance?

Yes, that idea crossed my mind after I had written my previous post. I have now changed it and it contains the answer to your question

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

The second set of doors is a short counter.  Not sure about the first set of doors.

Online Martin Weidmann

I think the set of doors near where the number 10 is are in fact complete doors, separating the shipping area from the main entrance.

There is one thing that has been bothering me. Shelley and Lovelady are supposed to have re-entered the building on the west side, but all the doors on the western side of the building actually go to the basement. For them to get to the 1st floor they would have to climb the stairs in the north west corner or those seen in the floorplan west of the main entrance.

So, maybe there is something after all to the possibility saw both men, coming up those stairs, as she re-entered the building through the main entrance. There is, however, no evidence for it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:25:05 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Are you sure about that?  I see 2 overhead door openings on the first floor layout on the west side.

Online Dan O'meara

In the fabricated portion of Adams' WC testimony concerning Shelley and Lovelady we read this:

Mr. BELIN - Now what did you do after you encountered Mr. Shelley and Mr. Lovelady?
Miss ADAMS - I said I believed the President was shot.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember what they said?
Miss ADAMS - Nothing.

Adams didn't just see Shelley and Lovelady on the 1st floor, she interacted with them, spoke to them. It must be obvious to you that she couldn't have done that from the main entrance.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Are you sure about that?  I see 2 overhead door openings on the first floor layout on the west side.

Yes, but they open up to a loading dock at the west side of the building, as can be seen on this photo Dan posted earlier

If you look where the yellow line ("Oswald's pressumed escape route) starts, there is a door providing access to the basement area under the loading dock. I think there are more doors like that going north, but I am not sure. In any case, for Shelley and Lovelady to have entered through a door at the west side, they either would have had to take the door to the basement or climb on top of the loading platform and enter the first floor directly.

Am I sure? No, but it seems more logical to me they would go through the basement door and climb the stairs up to the first floor....

Online Martin Weidmann

In the fabricated portion of Adams' WC testimony concerning Shelley and Lovelady we read this:

Mr. BELIN - Now what did you do after you encountered Mr. Shelley and Mr. Lovelady?
Miss ADAMS - I said I believed the President was shot.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember what they said?
Miss ADAMS - Nothing.

Adams didn't just see Shelley and Lovelady on the 1st floor, she interacted with them, spoke to them. It must be obvious to you that she couldn't have done that from the main entrance.

If this is what really happened, rather than simply misremembered.

She couldn't have spoken to the men from the main entrance, that's true, but she could have spoken to them as their paths crossed near the parking lot at the end of the dead end street

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Dan O'meara

Adams and Ernest talking about her WC testimony:

I asked if she remembered seeing the Shelley/Lovelady
incident in the copy of testimony she was given to correct.
"I don't recall seeing that section at all," she answered. "If it
had been in there, and since I didn't see them, i would have
edited it out.

The Girl On The Stairs (pg 349)

She doesn't pass Shelley and Lovelady outside. If she did she would be walking back to the TSBD, not running out the door.