Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 82020 times)

Offline Michael T. Griffith

Advertisement
Fascinating analysis about Brennan's focus during the WC testimony....

And yet...

Mr. BELIN. And then after lunch, where did you go?
Mr. BRENNAN. I finished lunch and I glanced at a clock--I don't know exactly where the clock is located--and noticed it was 12:18. So I thought I still had a few minutes, that I might see the parade and the President. I walked to the corner of Houston and Elm.

Later he simply offers 12.22-12.24. No recollection of his watch at that point in 1964 under oath.

He offers this. He remembered a specific time leaving the cafe....go figure. He obviously lost focus later on and forgot about looking at his watch but remembered doing so for a book written years later.....of course. One published posthumously in 1987. Right on the money.

The WC had one standard for witnesses who supported the lone-gunman scenario and a very different standard for those who did not. Compare their treatment of Brennan with their treatment of Arnold Rowland. WC apologists have followed the same standard. They look for any nit-picky reason to reject witnesses they don't like, but they exhibit no such attitude toward such problematic witnesses as Brennan and Markham.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:40:18 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

So, now you must think that Louise Brennan is in on the conspiracy and/or coverup?  That figures!

Did she mention in the book whether she read her husband's WC testimony? If she did. does she explain whether she chastised Howard for not mentioning the watch glance?

Ok, let's get a few facts straight about Howard Brennan:

Brennan's testimony would have been torn to shreds in a trial. Brennan couldn't even identify which sixth-floor window he supposedly observed, and the Zapruder film shows he was not looking up until after frame 207, over two seconds after the first shot was fired (at around frames 145-160). Brennan said the man he saw in the window was standing when he fired each of the shots, a fanciful proposition that even the Warren Commission rejected.

In addition, Brennan failed to identify Oswald in a police line-up on November 22, even though he had seen Oswald's picture beforehand. Posner deals with this problem by advancing Brennan's claim that he could have identified Oswald in the November 22 line-up but was afraid to do so because he feared Oswald had accomplices who would kill him if he made the identification! Yet, on November 22, Brennan spoke with reporters about the assassination, and he even gave them his name--strange behavior for a man who supposedly feared he would be killed if he identified Oswald in a police station.

Moreover, it was only after months of "questioning" by federal agents that Brennan gave a positive identification of Oswald as the sixth-floor shooter. The HSCA found Brennan's testimony to be so full of contradiction and confusion that it ignored his story entirely.

There is another serious problem with Brennan's testimony that is often overlooked. Brennan said that when he looked up after the presidential limousine had driven away, he still saw Oswald in the sixth-floor window! Brennan added that Oswald remained at the window for at least a few seconds after that! Then, said Brennan, Oswald "simply moved away from the window until he disappeared from my line of vision." "He didn't appear to be rushed," recalled Brennan. Anyone who knows the case well knows the serious problem this poses for the already impossible task of getting Oswald down to the second-floor lunchroom in time to be seen by Officer Baker.

If Brennan had not succumbed to the pressure to identify Oswald, the WC would have treated him much the same way it treated Arnold Rowland. I believe most of Brennan's account, just not his identification of Oswald and the bit about the gunman firing while standing. His statement that the gunman stayed in the window for a bit and did not rush off is consistent with the testimony of Bonnie Williams, who was a few feet below the sixth-floor window and who said he heard no movement in the window after the shots were fired.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:23:29 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

not likely on a half assed investigation.
good luck with that

What's half-assed is your automatic dovetailing back to the WC instead of looking up the reason why FMJ ammo was designed to pass through-and-through (aka 'over-penetrate') a body.

Offline Bill Chapman

Brennan's testimony would have been torn to shreds in a trial. Brennan couldn't even identify which sixth-floor window he supposedly observed, and the Zapruder film shows he was not looking up until after frame 207, over two seconds after the first shot was fired (at around frames 145-160). Brennan said the man he saw in the window was standing when he fired each of the shots, a fanciful proposition that even the Warren Commission rejected.

In addition, Brennan failed to identify Oswald in a police line-up on November 22, even though he had seen Oswald's picture beforehand. Posner deals with this problem by advancing Brennan's claim that he could have identified Oswald in the November 22 line-up but was afraid to do so because he feared Oswald had accomplices who would kill him if he made the identification! Yet, on November 22, Brennan spoke with reporters about the assassination, and he even gave them his name--strange behavior for a man who supposedly feared he would be killed if he identified Oswald in a police station.

Moreover, it was only after months of "questioning" by federal agents that Brennan gave a positive identification of Oswald as the sixth-floor shooter. The HSCA found Brennan's testimony to be so full of contradiction and confusion that it ignored his story entirely.

There is another serious problem with Brennan's testimony that is often overlooked. Brennan said that when he looked up after the presidential limousine had driven away, he still saw Oswald in the sixth-floor window! Brennan added that Oswald remained at the window for at least a few seconds after that! Then, said Brennan, Oswald "simply moved away from the window until he disappeared from my line of vision." "He didn't appear to be rushed," recalled Brennan. Anyone who knows the case well knows the serious problem this poses for the already impossible task of getting Oswald down to the second-floor lunchroom in time to be seen by Officer Baker.

If Brennan had not succumbed to the pressure to identify Oswald, the WC would have treated him much the same way it treated Arnold Rowland. I believe most of Brennan's account, just not his identification of Oswald. His statement that the gunman stayed in the window for a bit and did not rush off is consistent with the testimony of Bonnie Williams, who was a few feet below the sixth-floor window and who said he heard no movement in the window after the shots were fired.

???

I thought you said you were going to get 'a few facts straight'..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:28:59 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

???

I thought you said you were going to get 'the facts straight'..

I did. Every statement I made about his story is factual. He did not ID Oswald in the police lineup. At first he wasn't sure which window he saw. He said the shooter lingered in the window. He claimed he didn't ID Oswald at the police station because he feared for his life, yet he spoke with reports about the shooting and identified himself while speaking with them, on 11/22--odd behavior if he feared Oswald's accomplices might kill him.

We should remember that Brennan only agreed to ID Oswald as the shooter after prolonged "interviews" by federal agents. Most of his testimony is credible and agrees with that of several other witnesses. The only doubtful element in his testimony, other than his belated Oswald ID, is his statement that the gunman was standing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:31:11 PM by Michael T. Griffith »

Online Charles Collins

I did. Every statement I made about his story is factual. He did not ID Oswald in the police lineup. At first he wasn't sure which window he saw. He said the shooter lingered in the window. He claimed he didn't ID Oswald at the police station because he feared for his life, yet he spoke with reports about the shooting and identified himself while speaking with them, on 11/22--odd behavior if he feared Oswald's accomplices might kill him.

We should remember that Brennan only agreed to ID Oswald as the shooter after prolonged "interviews" by federal agents. Most of his testimony is credible and agrees with that of several other witnesses. The only doubtful element in his testimony, other than his belated Oswald ID, is his statement that the gunman was standing.

Where did you get information that supposedly indicates that Howard Brennan spoke with reporters and identified himself on 11/22/63?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

If Brennan had not succumbed to the pressure to identify Oswald, the WC would have treated him much the same way it treated Arnold Rowland. I believe most of Brennan's account, just not his identification of Oswald and the bit about the gunman firing while standing. His statement that the gunman stayed in the window for a bit and did not rush off is consistent with the testimony of Bonnie Williams, who was a few feet below the sixth-floor window and who said he heard no movement in the window after the shots were fired.

'Anyone who knows the case well knows the serious problem this poses for the already impossible task of getting Oswald down to the second-floor lunchroom in time to be seen by Officer Baker'
>Testers proved you wrong

'Brennan said the man he saw in the window was standing when he fired each of the shots"
> Brennan also said Jarman and Williams appeared to be standing as well: Guess why..

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:06:51 PM by Bill Chapman »