Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 81335 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Advertisement
So why did Buell ask Shelley if the workers could break early for lunch so they could see the motorcade. 
When did the TSBD employees believe the motorcade was due?
BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared James Earl Jarman, Jr., c/m 33, 3942 Atlanta Street, Dallas, Texas HA8-1837 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

I work for the Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, as a Checker on the first floor for Mr. Roy S. Truly. On Friday, November 22, 1963, I got to work at 8:05 a.m. The first time I saw Lee Oswald on Friday, November 22, 1963 was about 8:15 a.m. He was filling orders on the first floor. A little after 9:00 a.m. Lee Oswald asked me what all the people were doing standing on the street. I told him that the President was supposed to come this way sometime this morning. He asked me, "Which way do you think he is coming?". I told him that the President would probably come down Main Street and turn on Houston and then go down Elm Street. He said, "Yes, I see". I only talked with him for about three or four minutes. The last time I saw Lee Oswald on Friday, November 22, 1963 was between 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon....SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 23rd DAY OF November A.D. 1963 
So what kind of plan did someone need that didn't even seem to know **about the motorcade in the first place?
Why were people standing in the street as early as 9 AM?
It was claimed [based on no evidence at all] that Oswald knew the route that the parade would take from the newspaper.
Then why the stupid question?
**I know...of course someone will play dumb and say that he was just playing dumb   :-\

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

So what kind of plan did someone need that didn't even seem to know **about the motorcade in the first place?
Why were people standing in the street as early as 9 AM?
It was claimed [based on no evidence at all] that Oswald knew the route that the parade would take from the newspaper.
Then why the stupid question?
**I know...of course someone will play dumb and say that he was just playing dumb   :-\

I believe that the time that this supposed conversation took place was much later. Closer to 11 am. I have evidence somewhere for that but need to search for it. It makes no sense that people would be congregating more than 3 hours prior to the motorcade.

Offline Jerry Freeman

Mr. BALL - Did you talk to him again that morning?
Mr. JARMAN - Yes, sir. I talked to him again later on that morning.
Mr. BALL - About what time?
Mr. JARMAN - It was between 9:30 and 10 o'clock, I believe.
---------
Mr. BALL - And what was said by him and by you?
Mr. JARMAN - Well, he was standing up in the window and I went to the window also, and he asked me what were the people gathering around on the corner for, and I told him that the President was supposed to pass that morning, and he asked me did I know which way he was coming, and I told him, yes; he probably come down Main and turn on Houston and then back again on Elm. Then he said, "Oh, I see," and that was all.
Mr. BALL - Did you talk to him again?
Mr. JARMAN - No, sir.
Mr. BALL - What time did you quit for lunch?
Mr. JARMAN - It was right about 5 minutes to 12.
------------
Representative FORD - You hadn't read about it in the papers the night before or that morning?
Mr. JARMAN - No, sir.
Representative FORD - When did you have this conversation with Lee Oswald, where he asked you--you told him that the motorcade was coming by the School Book Depository Building?
Mr. JARMAN - It was some time that morning, between 9:30 and 10:30.
Representative FORD - This was after you heard Mr. Shelley and Miss or Mrs. Lee talk?
Mr. JARMAN - Discuss it---yes.
Representative FORD - Did Oswald ask you, or did you initiate the conversation and tell Oswald of the route?
Mr. JARMAN - He asked me.
Representative FORD - What was his reaction?
Mr. JARMAN - After I had told him the route that the President probably would take, he just said, "Oh, I see" and went back to filling orders.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/jarman.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/jarman.htm

I know the evidence and various reports Jerry. I alway suspected that the crowd did not assemble so early. As I said I have some evidence from Jarman that supports this somewhere. He stated there it was closer to 11 or even later. I am searching for it but haven’t located it yet. If I find it I will post.

In terms of when the workers thought the motorcade would pass, we have the early break of the elevator race and Frazier asking Shelley if they could break a bit before noon so that they could view the motorcade. Seems to me that most thought it would pass some time between 12.15 and 12.30.

Offline Colin Crow

This might be it.....

"2:25 – He was looking out a window about 11:00 or 11:30. States Oswald asked him why there were people standing outside. Jarman said “Don’t you know the president is coming through?” Oswald said he did not know that. Jarman told him it would be sometime soon. To which Oswald replied, “Oh, I see.”

From Jarman's HSCA interview.

https://gregwagnersite.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/jej-hsca-interview-summary.pdf

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

If Oswald had planned anything he would have taken the east elevator.

End of story.

Dear Otto,

Dat right?

--  MWT  ;)

Offline Colin Crow

Parked on 6th, ready to go.

Throw in a couple of boxes, "Just getting stock".

In case somebody should ask.

That was Jack's alibi. Seems the elevator was better than the stairs......go figure.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

So why did Buell ask Shelley if the workers could break early for lunch so they could see the motorcade. The sixth floor crew did in fact break to go down about 5-10 minutes early (the elevator race).

You understand that importance of Frazier thinking that? Do you dispute the elevator race took place earlier than they normally broke for lunch?

When did the TSBD employees believe the motorcade was due?

Buell is still around. Ask him.

I am just pointing out that the official schedule says 12:30, not 12:00.

The president was scheduled to be at the Trade Mart at 12:00...How could someone then know exactly when to set up the ambush and know exactly when the motorcade was to come through the plaza?