Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why Did Oswald Kill JFK?  (Read 15059 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

Re: Why Did Oswald Kill JFK?
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »
Advertisement
Craig,

Can you provide us with a quote in which she says she stopped running when she heard the first shot ... or is that just something that you'd really, really, really like to believe?

--  MWT  ;)

Didn't she say it in the David Lui article "The Little Girl Must Have Heard" The Dallas Times Herald, June 3rd 1979?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2020, 09:52:44 PM »
Notice that Rosemary doesn't stop running until Z190 or so.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2020, 11:37:06 PM »
Notice that Rosemary doesn't stop running until Z190 or so.

Some Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy Theorists believe the first shot missed at Z-160, or so.

Did Rosemary Willis continue running for a full second after hearing "that", or until she heard her father screaming at her and her sister to come back?

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2020, 11:37:06 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2020, 01:15:22 AM »
Some Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy Theorists believe the first shot missed at Z-160, or so.

Did Rosemary Willis continue running for a full second after hearing "that", or until she heard her father screaming at her and her sister to come back?

--  MWT  ;)

"Did Rosemary Willis continue running for a full second after hearing "that"

Rosemary told David Lui of the Dallas Time-Herald that she stopped when she heard the 1st shot.

"Around Zapruder frame 160-165, ten-year-old Rosemary Willis, who has been running on the grass alongside the
President's limousine, begins to slow down; by frame 190 she has come to a complete halt. "I stopped when I
heard the shot," she says.(3) "In that first split second, I thought it was a firecracker. But within maybe
one-tenth of a second, I knew it was a gun shot."
(4)

3. David Lui, "The Little Girl Must Have Heard," Dallas Time-Herald, June 3, 1979, cited in Gerald Posner,
Case Closed (New York: Random House, 1993), p. 321

4. Marcia Smith-Durk interview with Rosemary Willis, 1979, cited in Posner, p. 321.

"or until she heard her father screaming at her and her sister to come back?"

Her father said he yelled at both of his daughters after he heard the shots but told the WC they didn't hear him.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you follow the car down Elm Street after you took the picture, which we have marked Hudson Exhibit No. 1?

Mr. WLLIS - I proceeded down the street and didn't take any other pictures instantly, because the three shots were fired approximately about 2 seconds apart, and I knew my little daughters were running along beside the Presidential car, and I was immediately concerned about them, and I was screaming for them to come back, and they didn't hear me. But I was concerned about them immediately, because I knew something tragic had happened, and the shots didn't ring out long like a rifle shot that is fired into midair in a distance. I knew it hit something, and it couldn't have been a firecracker or anything like that, so it impressed me, I remember, and after I found my daughters, I saw they were heading back toward their mother.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2020, 01:27:35 AM »

"Did Rosemary Willis continue running for a full second after hearing "that"

Rosemary told David Lui of the Dallas Time-Herald that she stopped when she heard the 1st shot.

"Around Zapruder frame 160-165, ten-year-old Rosemary Willis, who has been running on the grass alongside the President's limousine, begins to slow down; by frame 190 she has come to a complete halt. "I stopped when I heard the shot," she says.(3) "In that first split second, I thought it was a firecracker. But within maybe one-tenth of a second, I knew it was a gun shot."(4)

3. David Lui, "The Little Girl Must Have Heard," Dallas Time-Herald, June 3, 1979, cited in Gerald Posner,
Case Closed (New York: Random House, 1993), p. 321

4. Marcia Smith-Durk interview with Rosemary Willis, 1979, cited in Posner, p. 321.

"or until she heard her father screaming at her and her sister to come back?"

Her father said he yelled at both of his daughters after he heard the shots but told the WC they didn't hear him.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you follow the car down Elm Street after you took the picture, which we have marked Hudson Exhibit No. 1?

Mr. WLLIS - I proceeded down the street and didn't take any other pictures instantly, because the three shots were fired approximately about 2 seconds apart, and I knew my little daughters were running along beside the Presidential car, and I was immediately concerned about them, and I was screaming for them to come back, and they didn't hear me. But I was concerned about them immediately, because I knew something tragic had happened, and the shots didn't ring out long like a rifle shot that is fired into midair in a distance. I knew it hit something, and it couldn't have been a firecracker or anything like that, so it impressed me, I remember, and after I found my daughters, I saw they were heading back toward their mother.

By this account, it's apparent that she, like many of the other motorcade witnesses, either didn't hear or didn't remember hearing the first shot, i.e., the shot the assassin fired from The Sixth Floor Window about 1.4 seconds before Zapruder resumed filming -- after a seven-second hiatus -- at Z-133.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:33:09 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2020, 01:27:35 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2020, 01:40:08 AM »
By this account, it's apparent that she, like many of the other motorcade witnesses, didn't hear, or didn't remember hearing, the first shot, about 1.4 seconds before Zapruder resumed filming (after a seven-second hiatus) at Z-133.

--  MWT  ;)

That's what some tin foil hat LN kooks believe.

However back on earth.

We have a photo Phil Willis took when he clicked the shutter on his camera at the same instant he was startled by the 1st shot.

We have film of Rosemary Willis stopping at about Z-190 and looking immediately back towards the TSBD.

She said she stopped when she heard the first shot.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2020, 02:12:05 AM »
i.p.o
That's what some tin foil hat LN kooks believe.

However back on earth.

We have a photo Phil Willis took when he clicked the shutter on his camera at the same instant he was startled by the 1st shot.

We have film of Rosemary Willis stopping at about Z-190 and looking immediately back towards the TSBD.

She said she stopped when she heard the first shot.

Lots of "researchers" over the years, and even some of the witnesses who were there on 11/22, have confused a mysto "whenevershot" and/or the real-deal second shot (CE-399) for the first shot.

The acoustics of the echo chamber known as Dealey Plaza, and the fact that Abraham Zapruder filmed only the second and third shots, contributed mightily to this CTer's Wet Dream Of A Malleable Alternative Fact, unfortunately.

--  MWT  ;)

PS  "Tinfoil Hat LN Kooks" ?

LOL

Don't Lone Nutters "keep it simple," whereas the definition of a Tinfoil Hat-Wearing anybody, in the socio-economic-political realm at least, is someone who constructs elaborate, layer-upon-layer of Multi-Dimentional Conceptual Art out of un-fact-checked contraptions, gizmos, artifices and "working theories" which tend to portray life's predicaments as way more complicated, way more controlled, and way more sinister than the way life really is and situations really are in order to ... gasp ... "justify" their own paranoia and self-righteous "victimhood" by ... Yes! ... convincing other gullibles of same?

Isn't the fact that a self-proclaimed Marxist loser murdered JFK in order to "Speed Up The Dialectic" bad enough, especially since his actions ironically (i.e., perversely) gave birth to oodles and gobs of anti-CIA / anti-FBI  tinfoil hat conspiracy theories which, with midwifing help by people like Joachim "Commie" Joesten, Mark "Paid by the KGB to 'Debunk' the Warren Report" Lane, Jim "Gullible" Garrison, and Oliver " I LOVE Making Money, I TRUST Vladimir Putin (Because I Pray He's Gonna Give Me Some New Money-Making Material), and My Son? ... Well, My SON Works for RT" Stone, et al., initiated the dumbing-down and making apathetic our body politic to such an extent that it paved the way for the FASCISTIC MAFIA formerly called the KGB/GRU to install fascistic, corrupt and oh yes compromised "useful idiot" Donald "I Make Fun Of Handicapped Journalists", etc, etc, etc, Trump as our president?

Get real, Neo. / Wake up, dude.  The ...

... Oops, there's that deja vu thing again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:49:51 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2020, 02:12:05 AM »

Offline Peter Goth

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
5. "They'll remember me now" -LHO

where did he say that?