Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 77200 times)

Offline Pat Speer

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »
Advertisement
His bag comparison re Beers is not in any way scientific and does not convince
And the top flap has fallen forward in Beers, and comparing that to the fully laid out bag in an attempt to manipulate proportions reveals yet even more CTer disingenuousness.

FWIW, I removed that chapter from my book 5 years ago. I'd lost confidence in some of it, and wasn't sure it was relevant, but kept it alive online so people could see all the work we (mostly myself and Craig Lamson, acting as the devil's advocate) performed.  As far as your complaint...??? Every test attempted proved the bag in the press photos was wider than the bag eventually submitted into evidence. Lamson's argument was that this was due to the angle of the cameras to the subject. Ultimately, I came to suspect the bag was re-folded by the FBI after being opened up, and that this re-folding made the bag more rectangular in the evidence photos.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2020, 12:02:57 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2020, 12:33:08 AM »
Were his prints found on it? We have the word of an FBI expert, and a police expert supposedly working from photos that were later published and didn't show much more than blobs. I have numerous books on fingerprinting, going back to the forties. These books show readily identifiable prints and matches. The matches presented in the WC's volumes, on the other hand, are little more than blobs. They show nothing. The government has had more than fifty years, moreover, to publish proper photos of the latents, alongside Oswald's prints, and has failed to do so. And the FBI has refused to releases its photos of the trigger guard. So, no, the fingerprint evidence is not a done deal, far from it. Every print connecting Oswald to the sniper's nest or rifle is suspect.

Now, do I think the FBI flat-out lied in its identification? I'd say no. But the provenance of most every print is suspect, starting with the palm print tore from Box D and ending with the palm print purportedly lifted from the rifle.

Every print connecting Oswald to the sniper's nest or rifle is suspect.

IMO....The partial prints on the magazine/ trigger guard are NOT Lee Oswald's prints, and they may have been identified by the FBI.....   But of course they are not going to release the identity of that person.

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2020, 01:45:27 AM »
How probable is it that BW Frazier could mistake a package being carrying in the MIDDLE and not see the closed end extending about 14” beyond the hand gripping it”

In this case, Oswald fits the open non taped folded end under his armpit , grips the bag about mid point down with his right hand, thumb oriented towards taped end, and then about 14” at least of bag extending downward past his hand which is probably the butt end of rifle

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2020, 01:45:27 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2020, 02:22:05 AM »
RANDLE stated while at the Dallas Police Department on the evening of November 22, 1963, officers of the Dallas Police Department had exhibited to her some brown package paper, however she had not been able to positively identify it as being identical with the above-mentioned brown package, due to the fact she had only observed the brown package from her residence window at a distance.
on 11/22/63 at Dallas, Texas File # DL 89-43
by Special Agent JAMES W. BOOKHOUT/cah/tjd
Date dictated 11/23/63
He said she said ...not a sworn statement. And why some brown paper? Why not the sack itself?
Her testimony------
Mr. BALL. He put the package in the car.
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir; I don't know if he put it on the seat or on the floor but I just know he put it in the back.
Mr. BALL. We have got a package here which is marked Commission Exhibit No. 364. You have seen this before, I guess, haven't you, I think the FBI showed it to you?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Was the color of that package in any way similar to the color of this package which is 364?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Similar kind of paper, wasn't it?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mrs. RANDLE. What I remember seeing is about this long, sir, as I told you it was folded down so it could have been this long.
Mr. BALL. I see. You figure about 2 feet long, is that right?
Mrs. RANDLE. A little bit more.
Mr. BALL. A little more than 2 feet.
There is another package here. You remember this was shown you. It is a discolored bag, which is Exhibit No. 142, and remember you were asked by the Federal Bureau of Investigation agents if this looked like the package; do you remember?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Now, first of all with color, you told them the bag was not the color?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes.
Mr. BALL. But they showed you a part of the bag that had not been discolored, didn't they?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Looking at this part of the bag which has not been discolored does that appear similar to the color of the bag you saw Lee carrying that morning?
Mrs. RANDLE. Yes; it is a heavy type of wrapping paper. 
He warted Randle to practically no end....The jacket he wore..the shirt...the paper sack. Seemed so contrived [Yes Sir]
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/randlelm.htm

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2020, 02:51:29 AM »
How can you have "no idea if Oswald actually handled that bag" if his prints were found on it?
A felicitous print overkill at that....more convenient/opportune evidence left for the cops to "find"---

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2020, 02:51:29 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2020, 03:58:59 AM »
The long paper bag was photographed being taken out of the TSBD on 11/22/63 around 2:19. Was it taken to the DPD crime lab and locked up similarly to the way that Day testified the rifle was? If so, is there any evidence that it was taken back to the TSBD for sniper’s nest reconstruction purposes?

The wrapper was removed from the TSBD about 3pm by Montgomery. He is officially credited with finding CE142 some time after Studebaker finished processing the bottle and bag near where Johnson was stationed (west of the SN). Johnson carried out the lunch sack and bottle This was after Day had departed with CE139 about 2pm. Before he left the building Day and Studebaker visited the wrapping table to collect "samples".

Anyone catch the problem with this chronology?

I am unsure if the bag was locked up the same way the rifle was as Day was working on and transporting the rifle on occasions that afternoon and evening.

So far no one has claimed that CE142 was sealed at both ends. I take it that the LN supporters are all comfortable with this.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2020, 04:02:34 AM »
A felicitous print overkill at that....more convenient/opportune evidence left for the cops to "find"---

Looks like 11 and 18 points for the matches.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2020, 04:02:34 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2020, 05:13:06 PM »
The wrapper was removed from the TSBD about 3pm by Montgomery. He is officially credited with finding CE142 some time after Studebaker finished processing the bottle and bag near where Johnson was stationed (west of the SN). Johnson carried out the lunch sack and bottle This was after Day had departed with CE139 about 2pm. Before he left the building Day and Studebaker visited the wrapping table to collect "samples".

is there any evidence that it was taken back to the TSBD for sniper’s nest reconstruction purposes?

It could not be used for "reconstruction" ie; (Creating false evidence)  because it had been stained by the FBI in the testing for finger prints.....

Anyone catch the problem with this chronology?

I believe Montgomery's wrist watch indicates the time of 2:20 when he and Detective Johnson depart the TSBD with the huge paper bag ( wrapping paper) a Dr Pepper bottle and some cigarettes buts that had been collected as evidence .....

I am unsure if the bag was locked up the same way the rifle was as Day was working on and transporting the rifle on occasions that afternoon and evening.

So far no one has claimed that CE142 was sealed at both ends. I take it that the LN supporters are all comfortable with this.

I believe Detective Day left the TSBD with the carcano at about 2:00 pm... ( the bag was first imagined to be the container by which the rifle had been smuggled into the TSBD AFTER  Day had left the building with the rifle) I doubt that they compared the length of the carcano with the length of the bag....because if they had,.... they would have known that the rifle was too long to fit in that bag, and they never would have suggested that the rifle was smuggled into the TSBD in that bag.    However Fritz knew the script called for the Patsy to have carried the carcano into the TSBD in a paper sack, and when he was informed that the sack was too small to contain the rifle , he immediately responded;.....Quote....  "Well then he must have broke the rifle down then...and I'm sure he did" Unquote.    Now, THAT'S first class detective work!!     Unfortunately for Mr Top Notch detective's brilliant deduction ...The bag was too small to hold the disassembled rifle...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:42:19 PM by Walt Cakebread »