Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 76178 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »
Advertisement
Two questions for you John (and anyone else).

1. When was the SN photo taken and by whom?

2. Can you provide any evidence that the cover was sealed at both ends at any time?

Charles, nice pick-up on the bright sliver. The shadow on the pipe appears to correspond to about your 2PM graphic, which is pretty closely corroborated by the bright slivers position.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2020, 02:25:00 PM »
Pat Speer has done a good job about the paper sack and planting of evidence. You might want to read it and learn something:

http://www.patspeer.com/chapter4d%3Asackoflies

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2020, 06:24:57 PM »
Thanks for your reply Jerry. So you don’t think the end was sealed while on the back seat of Frazier's car? Oswald simply relied on some fold over to stop bits escaping?

I think if the paper was heavy enough, it probably would have retained its crinkled shape on the end. That end could have been pushed into the seam or gap of the back seat (where the seat-back meets the seat) to ensure it stayed close and prevent the bag itself from sliding around. The small loose bits inside could have been in a smaller bag inside the larger bag or in his pockets. Or he could have loosely re-attached all the screws and kept the disassembly to a few loose parts. That would also keep track of where the original screws went.

If a two-foot-long bag, I would expect most people would just take it into the front seat for the trip.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2020, 06:24:57 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2020, 06:50:22 PM »
The tape used to construct the bag was from the TSBD dispenser. The bag was made in the TSBD, the question is when and who by? The Oswald did it narrative would have us believe he made it, guessed the rifle length incorrectly, and therefore had to disassemble the rifle and reassemble. Presumably one end was sealed with tape but I have yet to see anything suggesting the other end was sealed. Obviously he would have sealed the other end with something. Parts might fall out during transport and when stored in the TSBD would be easy for someone to look inside and unsealed bag.

The bag looks more like a wrapper that was made to cover the intact rifle.

Not exactly sure why it is "obvious" that he would have sealed both ends.  He has to put the rifle in the bag and take it out.  So he has to leave one end open when he constructs the bag at the TSBD.  And then he just holds the bag upright and folds down that end.  Gravity does the rest.  Assassinating the president entails enormous risk.  On that scale, the risk of his bag coming open was pretty small. 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2020, 07:00:14 PM »
The second issue are folding lines. Once Oswald took the rifle out of the bag, he did what? Folded it four-five times neatly? CE 142 has at least eight, more likely ten folding lines which suggest it was folded four times and stored. Somebody would say that these folding lines originate from the time Oswald created the sack but it is impossible. There is no chance he created the sack in TSBD, folded it, put in his pocket, took to the Ruth Peine garage, packed the rifle, handled it, took to the car, took again, carried to the TSBD, took the rifle out... And after all that, there is no way sack to have folds as we see on the photos.
What I think that happened was that while investigating and interrogating Oswald and witnesses, particularly BWF, DPD came to the question of rifle sack. BWF told that he saw Oswald was carrying a paper sack and he told about curtain rods so the officers were sent back to the TSBD to find any similar object to paper sack. There they found a folded paper bag and assumed that was the sack BWF was talking about.
CE 142 could be found anywhere inside TSBD and there is no photographic evidence to place it between the box and two pipes next to the window as it was stated by DPD officers.
Once again, due to the shape of the paper sack and the folding lines, I think it has nothing to do with Oswald and the rifle on 22/11/1963.

I don't see anything here that supports the conclusion that it is somehow "impossible" for the folds to have been created when Oswald smuggled it to Paine's house.  In addition, wasn't the bag found BEFORE the DPD heard the story about Oswald's bag from Frazier?  I don't recall the timeline on that but Frazier left the TSBD and wasn't interviewed about Oswald until later.  If so, that would have made the scenario that you suggest impossible (i.e. the DPD hears the bag story from Frazier then go searching for a bag).  There are pictures of the bag coming out of the building between 2 and 3PM.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2020, 07:00:14 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2020, 07:35:25 PM »
I don't see anything here that supports the conclusion that it is somehow "impossible" for the folds to have been created when Oswald smuggled it to Paine's house. 
Who told you that happened? Where is the evidence?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2020, 08:33:19 PM »
If a two-foot-long bag, I would expect most people would just take it into the front seat for the trip.

The thing is, people tend to make assumptions that fit their existing biases. It’s human nature.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2020, 08:33:19 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2020, 08:35:31 PM »
I don't see anything here that supports the conclusion that it is somehow "impossible" for the folds to have been created when Oswald smuggled it to Paine's house.  In addition, wasn't the bag found BEFORE the DPD heard the story about Oswald's bag from Frazier?  I don't recall the timeline on that but Frazier left the TSBD and wasn't interviewed about Oswald until later.  If so, that would have made the scenario that you suggest impossible (i.e. the DPD hears the bag story from Frazier then go searching for a bag).  There are pictures of the bag coming out of the building between 2 and 3PM.

Supposedly Linnie Mae Randle told the police about the bag when they got to the Paine’s house. But it’s conceivable that she talked to her brother before he went to the hospital to visit his estranged stepfather.