Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Operation Mongoose  (Read 14217 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Operation Mongoose
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2020, 02:03:25 AM »
Advertisement

Another quote from Russo’s book “Live by the Sword”:

It has been posited that Howard obtained her information about the plots from either Lechuga, at the cocktail party mentioned earlier, or from Castro himself. Either is plausible. Recall that Lechuga was the alleged recipient of the letters of Fernando Fernandez, who had penetrated the exile operations in New Orleans. Fernandez admitted to the FBI that Lechuga ran a pro-Castro terrorist network, adding, “The subversive and espionage activities are directed by the Cuban ambassadors in the United Nations and in Brazil.”17 This assertion seems valid when one takes into account the arrest one year earlier of a pro-Castro terrorist cell operating in New York City. The three arrestees possessed huge quantities of explosives they intended to use against large department stores such as Macy’s, Gimbel’s, and Bloomingdale’s when the stores were clogged with Christmas shoppers. One of the terrorists was an aide to Lechuga, while another traveled to New York with Cuban President Osvaldo Dorticos, a friend of Rolando Cubela (AM/LASH). Even more disturbing, these terrorists belonged to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, of which Lee Oswald claimed to be a member, and with whom he maintained a continuing correspondence.18 Also of note is the fact that Lechuga had an affair with none other than Sylvia Duran, who admitted—to a CIA plant in the Cuban Embassy—to being Lee Oswald’s Mexican lover as well.19

Is any of this pertinent to the letter to the Rusian Embassy ??.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2020, 02:03:25 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2020, 09:58:31 AM »
Is any of this pertinent to the letter to the Rusian Embassy ??.....

Yes, more specifically it is pertinent to your question:

Would the USSR give a grunt if the FBI was  ( or was not) interested in Lee's activities in the Fair Play For Cuba Committee ??

The Soviets were heavily invested in Cuba. The Soviets helped train the Cuban intelligence agents. The FPCC was associated with the Cuban intelligence organizations. And that quote appears to tie some Cuban intelligence assets (and terrorists) to LHO. So I do believe that the Soviets would give a grunt about the FBI’s interest in LHO’s activities in that organization.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »

Would the USSR give a grunt if the FBI was  ( or was not) interested in Lee's activities in the Fair Play For Cuba Committee ??

The Soviets were heavily invested in Cuba. The Soviets helped train the Cuban intelligence agents. The FPCC was associated with the Cuban intelligence organizations. And that quote appears to tie some Cuban intelligence assets (and terrorists) to LHO. So I do believe that the Soviets would give a grunt about the FBI’s interest in LHO’s activities in that organization.

I fail to see any connection ....

The Soviets were heavily invested in Cuba.    Yes, that's common knowledge and history.....

The Soviets helped train the Cuban intelligence agents.    Yes, that's common knowledge and history...

The FPCC was associated with the Cuban intelligence organizations.     So you think an intel organization would be openly affiliated with a open public organization like the FPCC ??   Please present verification for your claim.

And that quote appears to tie some Cuban intelligence assets (and terrorists) to LHO. So I do believe that the Soviets would give a grunt about the FBI’s interest in LHO’s activities in that organization.

How is does this  quote  appear to tie Cuban intel assets to Lee? ......"The FBI is not now interested in my activities in the progressive organization, the FPCC of which I was secretary in New Orleans Louisiana, since I no longer live in that state. "

BTW.... I don't recall anybody ever accusing Lee of be affiliated with a "terrorist organization"....  I don't believe anybody ever used the term "terrorist" relative to the assassination of JFK.    I believe the term "terrorist" is a more recent word used in connection with the activities of lunatics who slaughter innocent people  in the name of Allah.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
Okay, I have read the letter and here are my opinions:

Charles, could you post a good copy of the letter? ( or a link to it)

And let's start by trying to determine WHO  Lee was sending the information to......   It is common knowledge that the letter was addressed to the Russian embassy in Washington DC.   But .....  was the information in the letter intended for the eyes of the FBI ?

let's start by trying to determine WHO  Lee was sending the information to......

"Dear Sir, This is to inform you of _?????_ ( one word) and my interviews with comrade Kostine in the Embassy of the Soviet union Mexico City Mexico."

It seems the purpose of the Letter was to inform someone of Lee's  meeting with a Soviet agent named Kostine in the Embassy of the USSR in Mexico City.

Then Lee apologizes for failing to obtain a visa to Cuba and travel to Havana.  ( "as planned ")

There is not an iota of evidence that Lee had had previous contact with the Soviet Embassy at anytime in the 30 days immediately prior to traveling to Mexico City....but we do know that Lee had been working with Hoover's extra special agent Guy Bannister and FBI agent Warren De Brueys.

"Had I been able to reach Havana as planned the Soviet Embassy would have had time to assist me."   

So IMO Lee was explaining his failure to the FBI.....Who had sent him to Mexico City.

Lee Says that he and Marina Nichilaveva are now living in Dallas Texas..... Marina's name before she married Lee Oswald was was Marina Nikolayevna Prusakova.

Lee would have known that, and it's doubtful that he would have referred to her as Marina Nichilaveva .... If anything he would have referred to Her as Marina Prusakova......  So where the hell did this name "Nichilaveva" come from??   WHO is "Nichilaveva" ???  and what was Lee saying???

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »

I fail to see any connection ....

The Soviets were heavily invested in Cuba.    Yes, that's common knowledge and history.....

The Soviets helped train the Cuban intelligence agents.    Yes, that's common knowledge and history...

The FPCC was associated with the Cuban intelligence organizations.     So you think an intel organization would be openly affiliated with a open public organization like the FPCC ??   Please present verification for your claim.

And that quote appears to tie some Cuban intelligence assets (and terrorists) to LHO. So I do believe that the Soviets would give a grunt about the FBI’s interest in LHO’s activities in that organization.

How is does this  quote  appear to tie Cuban intel assets to Lee? ......"The FBI is not now interested in my activities in the progressive organization, the FPCC of which I was secretary in New Orleans Louisiana, since I no longer live in that state. "

BTW.... I don't recall anybody ever accusing Lee of be affiliated with a "terrorist organization"....  I don't believe anybody ever used the term "terrorist" relative to the assassination of JFK.    I believe the term "terrorist" is a more recent word used in connection with the activities of lunatics who slaughter innocent people  in the name of Allah.

The FPCC was associated with the Cuban intelligence organizations.[/i]     So you think an intel organization would be openly affiliated with a open public organization like the FPCC ??   Please present verification for your claim.[/b]

I didn't say openly affiliated. I said "associated." The verification is in the quote from Russo's book: Even more disturbing, these terrorists belonged to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee...

Not the quote from LHO's letter; the quote from Russo's book:

Even more disturbing, these terrorists belonged to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, of which Lee Oswald claimed to be a member, and with whom he maintained a continuing correspondence.

You are the one interjecting the word "affiliated." I used the word "associated." Affiliated means officially attached or connected. Associated means just plain old connected (not necessarily officially).

Regardless of what one might have called them in 1963. They fit the definition of terrorists as is used in today's world.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 06:47:00 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

The FPCC was associated with the Cuban intelligence organizations.[/i]     So you think an intel organization would be openly affiliated with a open public organization like the FPCC ??   Please present verification for your claim.[/b]

I didn't say openly affiliated. I said "associated." The verification is in the quote from Russo's book: Even more disturbing, these terrorists belonged to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee...

Not the quote from LHO's letter; the quote from Russo's book:

Even more disturbing, these terrorists belonged to the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, of which Lee Oswald claimed to be a member, and with whom he maintained a continuing correspondence.

You are the one interjecting the word "affiliated." I used the word "associated." Affiliated means officially attached or connected. Associated means just plain old connected (not necessarily officially).

Regardless of what one might have called them in 1963. They fit the definition of terrorists as is used in today's world.

C'mon, Charlie...I thought we were going to have a candid an honest discussion..... 

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »

C'mon, Charlie...I thought we were going to have a candid an honest discussion.....

?????

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2020, 07:06:55 PM »

?????

The point is.... Who the hell cares about the fine point definition of "affiliated" and "associated'...  IMO that's just a cheap dodge...in an effort to avoid the crux of the question..