Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gus Rose  (Read 19057 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Gus Rose
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
Advertisement
Have you ever seen the connect the dots games? Where you connect the dots (periods) then see what the picture is?

Yes, and if you randomly connect dots or ignore some of the dots, or add extra dots that aren't there then you get the wrong result.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2019, 10:27:15 PM »
He jumped to conclusions without researching it for himself (see my latest responce to him. Typical...

I trusted that you were reporting the correct footnote.  My mistake for taking your word for anything.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2019, 11:14:21 PM »
I trusted that you were reporting the correct footnote.  My mistake for taking your word for anything.

As I explained earlier, I reported the correct source note for the answer to the question that Colin asked.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2019, 11:14:21 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
Ok, so Bugliosi doesn't footnote this claim at all.  He just creates an imagined dialogue based on Fritz's testimony and labels it 2:25 PM.

Mr. BALL. Did you ask him anything about his address or did he volunteer the address?
Mr. FRITZ. He volunteered the address at Beckley?
Mr. BALL. Yes.
Mr. FRITZ. Well, I will tell you, whether we asked him or told him one, he never did deny it, he never did deny the Beckley Street address at all. The only thing was he didn't know whether it was north or south.
Mr. BALL. Did you ask him whether it was north or south?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, but he didn't know. But from the description of surroundings we could tell it was North Beckley.
Mr. BALL. Up to that time you hadn't sent any men out to North Beckley, had you?
Mr. FRITZ. Well, I sent them out there real soon and Officer Potts called me back from out there and talked to me on the telephone and gave me a report from out there on the telephone, and I am sure that that is the time that he told me about the way he was registered, and I asked Oswald about why he was registered under this other name.
Mr. BALL. What other name?
Mr. FRITZ. Of O. L. Lee.
Mr. BALL. O. H. Lee?
Mr. FRITZ. O. H. Lee. He said, well, the lady didn't understand him, she put it down there and he just left it that way.

Bugliosi:

Fritz asks Oswald if he lives in Irving.
"No," Oswald replies. "I've got a room in Oak Cliff."
"I thought you lived in Irving?" Fritz asks, a little confused. Oswald says, no, he lives
at 1026 Beckley. Although he doesn't know whether the address is North or South Beckley,
Fritz and his detectives can tell from Oswald's description of the area that it's North
Beckley.
"Who lives in Irving?" Fritz asks.
"My wife is staying out there with friends," Oswald says.604 Fritz steps out into the
outer office and instructs Lieutenant Cunningham of the Forgery Bureau, along with
Detectives Billy Senkel and Walter Potts, to go out to 1026 North Beckley and search
Oswald's rented room.605

Note that the 604 footnote is on the statement "My wife is staying out there with friends".

Fritz's handwritten notes don't have anything about the rooming house address.  And also Fritz in his testimony waffles over whether Oswald gave him the address or they already had it and asked Oswald.  Besides, Vince doesn't say why he states that his imagined dialogue took place at 2:25.

The source notes are properly done. And the time is noted in the testimony.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2019, 11:25:28 PM »
As I explained earlier, I reported the correct source note for the answer to the question that Colin asked.

Can the LNs please send their A team back in..... the currently line up is losing credibility fast.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2019, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2019, 11:26:46 PM »
The source notes are properly done. And the time is noted in the testimony.

Not much help there:

Mr. FRITZ. Let's see, I have it right here. Oswald was arrested at 1:40 and I think he was taken to the city hall about 2:15 and I started talking to him probably a little bit after that.
Mr. BALL. About what time?
Don't you have a time marked in your report there?
Mr. FRITZ. I think so.
Mr. BALL. Of 2:25.
Mr. FRITZ. 2:25?
Mr. BALL. On page 237 of your report, your report of Sims and Boyd refers to a time that he was brought to your room, and I believe 165.
Mr. FRITZ. My report, my report should have a report right there that should show it. This shows here 2:15 and I don't think that is right.
Mr. BALL. Mr. Baker's report on 165 gives the time also.
Mr. FRITZ. The nearest that I have here then would be shortly after 2:15 p.m.
Mr. BALL. You will notice that Sims and Boyd make it, state they brought him from the conference room to your office at about 2:20.
Mr. FRITZ. That might be all right because I have 2:15 here but I think 2:15 may be 5 or 10 minutes too early.
Mr. BALL. It was soon after you got there?
Mr. FRITZ. Soon after I got there.
Mr. BALL. That you brought him into your office?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir.
. . .
. . .
Mr. BALL. How long a time did you sit with Oswald and question him this first time?
Mr. FRITZ. The first time, not but a few minutes.
Mr. BALL. That was the time Hosty and Bookhout were there?
Mr. FRITZ. That is right. But sometimes when I would leave the office to do something else, it is hard to imagine how many things we had happening at the one time or how many different officers we had doing different things without seeing it but we were terribly busy.
I had called all my officers back on duty and had every one of them assigned to something, so going back and forth kept me pretty busy running back and forth at the time of questioning.
I don't know when I would leave, I suppose Mr. Bookhout and Mr. Hosty asked him a few questions, but I don't believe they questioned him a great deal while I was gone.
Mr. BALL. You said just a few minutes, what did you mean by that, 15, 20, 25?
Mr. FRITZ. It would be pretty hard to guess at a time like that because we weren't even quitting for lunch so I don't even know, time didn't mean much right at that time. For a few minutes, you would think 30 or 40 minutes the first time.
Mr. BALL. Thirty or forty minutes?
Mr. FRITZ. I am guessing at that time.

How Bugliosi bracketed that entire interrogation between 2:25 and 2:30 is anybody's guess.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2019, 11:48:15 PM »
Not much help there:

Mr. FRITZ. Let's see, I have it right here. Oswald was arrested at 1:40 and I think he was taken to the city hall about 2:15 and I started talking to him probably a little bit after that.
Mr. BALL. About what time?
Don't you have a time marked in your report there?
Mr. FRITZ. I think so.
Mr. BALL. Of 2:25.
Mr. FRITZ. 2:25?
Mr. BALL. On page 237 of your report, your report of Sims and Boyd refers to a time that he was brought to your room, and I believe 165.
Mr. FRITZ. My report, my report should have a report right there that should show it. This shows here 2:15 and I don't think that is right.
Mr. BALL. Mr. Baker's report on 165 gives the time also.
Mr. FRITZ. The nearest that I have here then would be shortly after 2:15 p.m.
Mr. BALL. You will notice that Sims and Boyd make it, state they brought him from the conference room to your office at about 2:20.
Mr. FRITZ. That might be all right because I have 2:15 here but I think 2:15 may be 5 or 10 minutes too early.
Mr. BALL. It was soon after you got there?
Mr. FRITZ. Soon after I got there.
Mr. BALL. That you brought him into your office?
Mr. FRITZ. Yes, sir.
. . .
. . .
Mr. BALL. How long a time did you sit with Oswald and question him this first time?
Mr. FRITZ. The first time, not but a few minutes.
Mr. BALL. That was the time Hosty and Bookhout were there?
Mr. FRITZ. That is right. But sometimes when I would leave the office to do something else, it is hard to imagine how many things we had happening at the one time or how many different officers we had doing different things without seeing it but we were terribly busy.
I had called all my officers back on duty and had every one of them assigned to something, so going back and forth kept me pretty busy running back and forth at the time of questioning.
I don't know when I would leave, I suppose Mr. Bookhout and Mr. Hosty asked him a few questions, but I don't believe they questioned him a great deal while I was gone.
Mr. BALL. You said just a few minutes, what did you mean by that, 15, 20, 25?
Mr. FRITZ. It would be pretty hard to guess at a time like that because we weren't even quitting for lunch so I don't even know, time didn't mean much right at that time. For a few minutes, you would think 30 or 40 minutes the first time.
Mr. BALL. Thirty or forty minutes?
Mr. FRITZ. I am guessing at that time.

How Bugliosi bracketed that entire interrogation between 2:25 and 2:30 is anybody's guess.

He didn’t. Take a look. Don’t trust my word.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2019, 11:48:15 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2019, 11:57:03 PM »
He didn’t. Take a look. Don’t trust my word.

Fair enough.  How Bugliosi decided that Oswald definitely told Fritz his Beckley Street address and did it between 2:25 and 2:30 is anybody's guess.