Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why Was Oswald Killed?  (Read 35278 times)

Offline Denis Pointing

Re: Why Was Oswald Killed?
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2019, 10:10:21 PM »
Advertisement
He was killed on order of Carlos Marcello. I think someone else was supposed to take out Oswald but for some reason it didn't happen. Then Ruby was directed to kill Oswald while he was in police custody. Torso shot was the only "safe" shot, head shot could have missed and killed a cop, not good.

Mike, you made that claim before but you offered not one scrap of proof to back it up..apart from Carlos Marcello said so, therefore, it must be true. Also, the point Ted is making is that a gutshot with a small revolver is not a reliable assassination technic...Oswald may well have survived at the very least long enough to have talked. Why not a more powerful weapon, was the mob short of decent guns? Why didn't Ruby just hold the weapon under Oswald's chin, certain death and no chance of hitting an officer? Your scenario just doesn't make sense, especially when combined with your other pet theory ie the best hitman/men the mafia could buy actually botched the job and if it wasn't for Hickey falling over and accidentally discharging his weapon Kennedy would have survived!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:12:06 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2019, 10:10:21 PM »

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »
He was killed on order of Carlos Marcello. I think someone else was supposed to take out Oswald but for some reason it didn't happen. Then Ruby was directed to kill Oswald while he was in police custody. Torso shot was the only "safe" shot, head shot could have missed and killed a cop, not good.

Or just wait until he got to prison. "They" would have had months before any trial started. "They" also had no idea if he had already talked after nearly 48 hours in custody.

Mike

A bullet to the stomach, giving Oswald a 90% chance of survival (up to 98% if you can get quickly to a hospital as is the case here) and guaranteeing Oswald would spill the beans after likely surviving the attempt on his life makes no sense.

Heres a study of 300 patients with abdominal gunshot wounds. From the 80s granted but still a good guide.

"The overall survival rate for the series was 88.3%; however, if only the 226 patients without vascular injuries are considered, the survival rate was 97.3%."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1493651/

Ruby got either very lucky or very unlucky depending on how you see it. The chances of him killing Oswald with that shot were tiny. If Jim Leavelle hadn't have pulled Oswald sideways slightly (as below) the bullet wouldn't have hit those organs and he could have easily survived. It was a total fluke that he died.

The first mob hit in history with a single shot to the stomach using a .38 where the assassin brought his dog with him to the hit and left it in the car outside.

Mafia hit men do not shoot people in the stomach once with a handgun. He could've easily got to Oswald over the course of the weekend for a headshot.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:50:54 AM by Ted Shields »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
Or just wait until he got to prison. "They" would have had months before any trial started. "They" also had no idea if he had already talked after nearly 48 hours in custody.

Mike

A bullet to the stomach, giving Oswald a 90% chance of survival (up to 98% if you can get quickly to a hospital as is the case here) and guaranteeing Oswald would spill the beans after likely surviving the attempt on his life makes no sense.

Heres a study of 300 patients with abdominal gunshot wounds. From the 80s granted but still a good guide.

"The overall survival rate for the series was 88.3%; however, if only the 226 patients without vascular injuries are considered, the survival rate was 97.3%."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1493651/

Ruby got either very lucky or very unlucky depending on how you see it. The chances of him killing Oswald with that shot were tiny. If Jim Leavelle hadn't have pulled Oswald sideways slightly (as below) the bullet wouldn't have hit those organs and he could have easily survived. It was a total fluke that he died.

The first mob hit in history with a single shot to the stomach using a .38 where the assassin brought his dog with him to the hit and left it in the car outside.

Mafia hit men do not shoot people in the stomach once with a handgun. He could've easily got to Oswald over the course of the weekend for a headshot.

How can you be sure Ruby was aiming for Oswald's stomach?

Looking at the picture, it seems to me Oswald was turning away, as a reaction to Ruby jumping in front of him

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »
Denis, proof about what? That Marcello ordered Ruby to kill Oswald? I don’t have any evidence that Marcello told Ruby to kill Oswald. Here’s what I do have; the mob owned the club Ruby ran, the Dallas mob was under Marcello, Ruby owed Marcello big time and Marcello called in the debt. No you are never going to get “so n so said”, you just have to put the pieces together that makes logical sense.
Who knows what was going through Ruby’s mind at the time. He was told to take out Oswald and we will never know what they knew back then about killing someone. Who knows why Ruby didn’t use a rocket launcher to kill Oswald. I have a 38 in my nightstand and I believe it will kill an intruder, maybe Ruby thought the same thing??
There is no way Ruby could have gotten close enough to hold the gun under Oswald’s’ chin with all the police around.
Unfortunately the hit man had to use the carcano rifle so the blame could be put on Oswald. The other shooters were only there in case the main guy, 6th floor of the TSBD, didn’t kill JFK. The order was JFK didn’t survive. Sure an American sniper rifle would have done the job nicely but there would have been a huge ballistics problem.
That’s the best definition of “dumb luck”, Hickey falling over and accidently squeezing off a round. But who knows what might have happened if that didn’t happen. The shooters saw a head shot, they didn’t know who did it, they just knew the job was done and to get the hell out of there.

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2019, 02:30:35 PM »
How can you be sure Ruby was aiming for Oswald's stomach?

Looking at the picture, it seems to me Oswald was turning away, as a reaction to Ruby jumping in front of him

He was turning away yeah and Leavelle pulled him too as per the pics and video. It was a fluke he killed him. A total fluke. One in a million.

Mob hits of that importance don't rely on luck.

William McKinley for example, similar but shot twice and took 9 days to die - of gangrene. James Garfield similarly took 11 weeks to die!

Oswald may have been the only person in the history of assassinations who has died almost instantly from a single abdominal gunshot wound. It just doesn't happen. Ruby would have statistically had a better chance of killing him instantly by punching him in the temple.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:34:40 PM by Ted Shields »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2019, 02:30:35 PM »

Offline Michael Carney

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »
I don’t think it was a fluke, maybe a 50/50 chance of killing him with a gut shot.
Oswald knew Ruby so he knew why he was there. He was turning away from Ruby in an act of self protection.. They were seen together on at least two occasions, one time was in Ruby’s strip club. One of the strippers said she saw them in the club together.
Ruby was not an experienced hit man and I think he was only used because he could get into the police department because of his contacts in the police department. The policemen frequented his club.
Look, both of them were under the thumb of Marcello. Marcello could tell them to do anything he wanted; they knew if they didn’t do what he said, they were dead, simple as that.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2019, 04:27:49 PM »
After Oswald was shot, an unknown policeman administered CPR, which is the worst thing you can do for an abdominal gunshot if you want the person to survive it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2019, 04:27:49 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2019, 04:41:29 PM »
After Oswald was shot, an unknown policeman administered CPR, which is the worst thing you can do for an abdominal gunshot if you want the person to survive it.

If I had been that 'unknown policeman', I would have administered CPR where the bullet entered, just to make sure it stayed put.  So there.