Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why the first shot missed  (Read 37182 times)

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Re: Why the first shot missed
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2019, 05:21:49 AM »
Advertisement
I probably would have fallen out of my chair if you had said you did see something!  ;)
Are you going to fall down when you realize you don't see anything either? If you lay down before you look at it again you at least will not fall down

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2019, 05:21:49 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2019, 03:30:39 PM »
I probably would have fallen out of my chair if you had said you did see something!  ;)

I think that it there was really something there, other people would have seen it years ago.  Walt insists that he sees a rifle sticking out of the window in the Powell photo.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 04:50:26 PM »
I think that it there was really something there, other people would have seen it years ago.  Walt insists that he sees a rifle sticking out of the window in the Powell photo.

One study concluded that there is some movement in the window. Another says that there isn’t. Either way, it doesn’t exclude the theory of the boxes interfering with the shot.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2019, 05:49:47 PM »
One study concluded that there is some movement in the window. Another says that there isn’t. Either way, it doesn’t exclude the theory of the boxes interfering with the shot.

Agreed.  Whether or not there was a "first missed shot" and when it may have occurred is pretty tenuous to begin with, so lots of speculation abounds.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2019, 07:13:04 PM »

The above is a frame from the Dorman film. As you can see Rosemary Willis is running and is about to run behind two men standing at the curb who look like they have cameras. Does anyone know if one of these two men is Phil Willis just before taking his slide #4?

Edit: Never mind, my error. They both are clapping and do not appear to have cameras. Phil Willis was a little further west when he took slide #4, then moved a little further west to take slide #5.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:18:30 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2019, 07:13:04 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2019, 10:21:55 PM »
I think that it [sic] there was really something there, other people would have seen it years ago.  Walt insists that he sees a rifle sticking out of the window in the Powell photo.

Like, if the world was round, someone would have proved it before Magellan and Elcano sailed around it?

--MWT  ;)

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »
Like, if the world was round, someone would have proved it before Magellan and Elcano sailed around it?

No, it's more like somebody today saying that the world looks flat to him, therefore it must be flat.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2019, 12:06:06 AM »
No, it's more like somebody today saying that the world looks flat to him, therefore it must be flat.

The creation of my 3D mock-up gave me a new tool. For the first time, I was able to see what some things should have looked like from various angles. I had seen the Hughes clip before but didn't have an accurate idea of what to look for. The movement (reportedly detected in an earlier study) happens to be in the same area of the window where I now believe, thanks to the mock-up, that the rifle would be (if he were tracking the motion of the limo at that point in time). So, armed with a better idea of what I should be looking for, I believe I now see something that resembles the rifle.