Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why the first shot missed  (Read 37116 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why the first shot missed
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »
Advertisement
The rifle can be seen in approximately the same position and at a similar angle to what is seen in the mock-up image. The sniper's left arm appears in the lower right corner of the window, similar to what is seen in the mock-up image.

Where?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »
If he had tried to take a shot at JFK while they were approaching the TSBD on Houston Street, chances are good that the sniper would have been spotted and shots fired back at him. Waiting for the limousine to start down Elm Street was part of a good ambush plan.
Who is "he"? It could've been "she". Whoever it was got away, but the credit was given to some guy name Oswald

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
When considering this tracking motion idea of yours it would have to be visible on the Hugh's film

Thank you for pointing this out. It gave me incentive to investigate this further. I believe that it is visible on the Hugh's film.

A view of the sniper's window from Hughes' position as generated by my mock-up should give us an idea of what it should look like just before Z133:

Here is a stabilized clip of the end of the segment of Hughe's film that includes the beginning of the tracking motion (but still is still about two seconds before when I believe the first shot was made):

P.S. This clip from the Hughes film is one that I downloaded a number of years ago. I don't remember who created it. But it was probably someone from this forum. So if you recognize it, please let me know who created it so I can properly credit them.

Here is an enlarged portion of the last frame in that clip:

The rifle can be seen in approximately the same position and at a similar angle to what is seen in the mock-up image. The sniper's left arm appears in the lower right corner of the window, similar to what is seen in the mock-up image.

If you use a program to view the Hughes film clip (like irfanview) which allows you to enlarge the clip and watch the motion at the same time, you can see that the rifle isn't there at the beginning of the clip but appears near the end. This is the sniper tracking the target.
Look at the stabilized clip of Hugh's film you see the SS follow- up car turning on to Elm Street. Now place the Prez limo in front of the follow-up car and it would be very close to crossing the area under the arm/post holding the traffic light.  if someone was in the 6th fl window how were they positioned exactly at the time Hugh's film cuts out, because I don't see anything. When you zoom in on any of these pictures you can see whatever you want to see. Sometimes I, unfortunately, see Oprah Winfrey but I blink and I know it was not her.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2019, 03:47:57 PM »
Where?

Right where I described and showed in the mock-up image. I see it best when using irfanview https://www.irfanview.com/. Just download the clip, open it with irfanview, click on the magnifying glass with the plus sign about 12 times. The rifle shows up near the end of the clip pointing down at a similar angle to the rifle in the mock-up image. Also what appears to be his left arm appears in the lower (camera) right corner of the window.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »
Right where I described and showed in the mock-up image. I see it best when using irfanview https://www.irfanview.com/. Just download the clip, open it with irfanview, click on the magnifying glass with the plus sign about 12 times. The rifle shows up near the end of the clip pointing down at a similar angle to the rifle in the mock-up image. Also what appears to be his left arm appears in the lower (camera) right corner of the window.

I did exactly that.  And I don't see either of those things in the resulting grainy, pixelated image.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »
I did exactly that.  And I don't see either of those things in the resulting grainy, pixelated image. 

Iacoletti,

Well I guess that settles it then doesn't it.

But then again, you're the one who couldn't see the glasses on your very own Betzner-3 "Glasses Woman".

LOL

-- MWT   ???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:48:08 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2019, 09:56:26 PM »
Well I guess that settles it then doesn't it.

But then again, you're the one who couldn't see the glasses on your very own Betzner-3 "Glasses Woman".

Lots of people claim to see lots of things in pictures and films.  We now even have a guy posting about "seeing" multiple gunmen behind the pergola in the Moorman photo.

Most of these people are as equally arrogant as Tommy with his "I see it, therefore it's a fact" arguments.  Which impresses exactly nobody.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2019, 09:56:26 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2019, 12:30:10 AM »
I did exactly that.  And I don't see either of those things in the resulting grainy, pixelated image.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I probably would have fallen out of my chair if you had said you did see something!  ;)