Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?  (Read 99434 times)

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Re: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?
« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2019, 01:32:12 AM »
Advertisement
Where did the polls come from? Oh, the same polling company in 2016 Presidential election.  Hard to believe they are still around

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2019, 01:32:12 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2019, 01:35:12 AM »
But this is supposed to be a discussion of whether a criminal defense in a criminal court of law could possibly impress upon a jury that reasonable doubt
as to the question of Oswald's guilt persisted, or if it had been put to rest by the prosecution.

How would a defense attorney, presumably in late 1964, present in court crimminal proceeding, the details in your last post?

Dougherty's words under oath are on record, what's not to believe? Frazier told us that Oswald walked from his car to the Depository annex while holding a long package, and it just makes sense that others saw him too but as I explained from the workers perspective getting involved could have negative consequences.

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2019, 01:38:05 AM »
Thumb1:

There is no doubt that there were 3 shots and the majority of eyewitnesses only heard the shots from only one direction.

JohnM

Don't stretch things too far John  ;)

I am merely suggesting that the position of the shells in the Studebaker photos is consistent with a three shot scenario from the SN. Then again it might be consistent with a two shot as well if the first shell was merely a spent cartridge that was ejected from the chamber as a live shell was loaded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2019, 01:38:05 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2019, 01:41:22 AM »
Dougherty's words under oath are on record, what's not to believe? Frazier told us that Oswald walked from his car to the Depository annex while holding a long package, and it just makes sense that others saw him too but as I explained from the workers perspective getting involved could have negative consequences.

JohnM

Would Frazier have been likely to suffer greater negative consequences if he failed to recall Oswald carrying a package that morning?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »
Where did the polls come from? Oh, the same polling company in 2016 Presidential election.  Hard to believe they are still around

Huh, I'm guessing you're replying to me? the pie charts come from the Dealey Plaza eyewitnesses themselves, there is CT(Thompson) and LNer(HSCA McAdams) pie charts and apart from a few different interpretations, the numbers are basically the same.

PS use the quote function, that's why it's there!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2019, 01:47:56 AM »

JohnM

Dougherty's earliest statement is centered on the time he returned to work. I cannot discern from his statement what time he actually returned to work.:

Are you not also countering the statement of Dougherty's father as to his son's stability, and also you must believe Dougherty was a supervisor
at Goodwill Ind.? Doesn't this nicely supports the assessment of son Jack's capacity?

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 01:56:49 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2019, 01:48:18 AM »
Would Frazier have been likely to suffer greater negative consequences if he failed to recall Oswald carrying a package that morning?

Yes, Frazier couldn't BS himself out of the situation, he drove Oswald to work and if Frazier said that Oswald was only carrying an appropriately sized lunch bag and someone else said they saw Oswald with a long package then Frazier could be seen as covering up.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2019, 01:48:18 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #183 on: July 04, 2019, 01:48:54 AM »
But this is supposed to be a discussion of whether a criminal defense in a criminal court of law could possibly impress upon a jury that reasonable doubt
as to the question of Oswald's guilt persisted, or if it had been put to rest by the prosecution.

How would a defense attorney, presumably in late 1964, present in court crimminal proceeding, the details in your last post?
Connally was governor of the state he was hospitalized in. Does it not follow that his staff in Austin effected the window protection you described
with no supporting cite? How is their decisions on how to temporarily secure the governor in a Dallas hospital material to what an Oswald defense attorney
should present to a jury? Aren't you simply sharing some rather vaguely presented feelings of some witnesses and those of Connally's wife and staff
because you have been influenced by those details, seemingly emotions driven, concerns that I assume are anecdotal if you are offering no supporting cites?

And John, aren't you citing the testimony of a guy with this "baggage", contradicting himself, out of the gate, as to the time he returned to work,
and his father lived with him. If you had something solid, I expect you would have brought it?

...I assume are anecdotal if you are offering no supporting cites?

“JFK’s Final Hours in Texas” by Julian Read, close aide to John Connally and Nellie Connally. I can look up the page number if you need it.