Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?  (Read 99314 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »
Advertisement
I don't believe the sniper was sitting on anything during the second and third shots, so his "sitting up" after the final shot makes no sense to me.

He was squatting or kneeling during those two shots, imho.

-- MWT  ;)

PS  Uh oh. I see Scully's still cuttin'-and-pastin' together yet another entertainin' "post" for us here.

He's been workin' on it for twenty minutes, already.... ..............................

Here are a couple of images showing that it wasn't necessary for him to squat or kneel for those two shots.

As you can see, the rifle is a little above the top of the boxes. If he wanted to use the boxes as a support for the rifle he could have just scooted his ass back a little and leaned forward more in order to lower his eye level. I believe that this would be more stable than a squat or kneel. However, in my opinion, doing that would have slowed him down during the interval between the shots. The more likely case would be to hold the rifle above the boxes. I don't have the ability to adjust the arms and legs on the characters. So you have to use your imagination for that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2019, 08:55:57 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2019, 09:00:41 PM »
Brennan only claimed to see a guy aiming for the head shot.  Is this person in your model accurately placed for the head shot?

Also, how does Brennan identify this guy's height, weight, and clothing?  Or see him from the belt up?

That image was at the first shot. This one is with the rifle aimed for the head shot and the model turned a few degrees accordingly. Brennan said he saw him sitting on the window sill earlier.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2019, 09:03:13 PM »
Here are a couple of images showing that it wasn't necessary for him to squat or kneel for those two shots.

As you can see, the rifle is a little above the top of the boxes. If he wanted to use the boxes as a support for the rifle he could have just scooted his ass back a little and leaned forward more in order to lower his eye level. I believe that this would be more stable than a squat or kneel. However, in my opinion, doing that would have slowed him down during the interval between the shots. The more likely case would be to hold the rifle above the boxes. I don't have the ability to adjust the arms and legs on the characters. So you have to use your imagination for that.

Thanks again, Charles.  It's difficult to tell because these images are small, but are these two images different views of the same placement?  In the top image, the shooter looks to be too far in the corner for his head to be visible from Brennan's position.  Also, it looks like the rifle is too far below his face to be aiming with the scope or the iron sights.  What angles are you using for the rifle barrel?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2019, 09:03:13 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »
That image was at the first shot. This one is with the rifle aimed for the head shot and the model turned a few degrees accordingly. Brennan said he saw him sitting on the window sill earlier.

Well setting aside Brennan claiming he could see the guy from the belt up at the time he was aiming for the final shot, how did he know this was the same guy he saw earlier on the windowsill with no rifle?  Or was that just an assumption?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
Thanks again, Charles.  It's difficult to tell because these images are small, but are these two images different views of the same placement?  In the top image, the shooter looks to be too far in the corner for his head to be visible from Brennan's position.  Also, it looks like the rifle is too far below his face to be aiming with the scope or the iron sights.  What angles are you using for the rifle barrel?

Yes, the same placement, angle can be deceiving. Here is one from the north in the same placement:

The angle of the rifle is about 17 degrees from horizontal. I didn't get real precise but did place the limo at the proper direction, distance, and elevation for Z313 and just aimed the rifle at the limo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2019, 09:46:35 PM »
 Thumb1:

You're the first one (to my knowledge) who has ever modeled a shooter aiming for a head shot as viewed from Brennan's position, so you deserve props for that.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2019, 09:55:32 PM »
Thumb1:

You're the first one (to my knowledge) who has ever modeled a shooter aiming for a head shot as viewed from Brennan's position, so you deserve props for that.

Thanks, this exercise has answered several questions that I had only been able to imagine the answers to. And I am glad that people are showing an interest in it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2019, 09:55:32 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2019, 10:02:12 PM »
XXXXX

Charles,

Why don't you like the sniper's nest scenario (including shooting positions and the expended cartridges' resting places) as spelled out in The Lost Bullet?

Have you even watched it?

-- MWT   ;)