Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 96400 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Advertisement
DVP's comments re the curtain rods....... http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/curtain-rods.html

"I've never denied that some curtain rods were found in Ruth Paine's garage. Why would I deny that FACT? It's a fact.

But by laughing and ridiculing Commission Exhibit No. 2640, you are implying that some rods were found IN THE DEPOSITORY. And that's just not so.

You wouldn't be gilding the lily just a touch, would you now, Ben?

As for fingerprinting Paine's rods --- big deal. If that is, indeed, true (and I've never been interested enough to verify whether it is true or not, but maybe it is), the authorities no doubt wanted to see if Oswald's prints might show up on those curtain rods (seeing as how the rods WERE in Ruth Paine's garage, and Lee Oswald did spend his last night of freedom in Ruth's house and had access to those rods the same day that he told fellow worker Buell Wesley Frazier the "curtain rod" story).

So it makes perfect sense to me for the police (or the FBI) to want to fingerprint those rods. If they hadn't done so, I can hear the conspiracy theorists balking about how lax the authorities were. (The cops can't win for losing, can they, Ben?)

Maybe you'd better move on to your next paper-thin argument to try and make Lee Harvey Oswald blameless for all 11/22/63 murders in Dallas, Ben. Because this "curtain rod" thing is getting embarrassing for you.

David Von Pein
August 29-30, 2015"

A most perceptive explanation for fingerprinting........to avoid future criticism of "conspiracy theorists". No mention of the date problem with respect to the timing of the removal of them in the Paine garage on an evening eight days later and their release after processing by 7.50am the following morning.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

DVP's comments re the curtain rods....... http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/curtain-rods.html

"I've never denied that some curtain rods were found in Ruth Paine's garage. Why would I deny that FACT? It's a fact.

But by laughing and ridiculing Commission Exhibit No. 2640, you are implying that some rods were found IN THE DEPOSITORY. And that's just not so.

You wouldn't be gilding the lily just a touch, would you now, Ben?

As for fingerprinting Paine's rods --- big deal. If that is, indeed, true (and I've never been interested enough to verify whether it is true or not, but maybe it is), the authorities no doubt wanted to see if Oswald's prints might show up on those curtain rods (seeing as how the rods WERE in Ruth Paine's garage, and Lee Oswald did spend his last night of freedom in Ruth's house and had access to those rods the same day that he told fellow worker Buell Wesley Frazier the "curtain rod" story).

So it makes perfect sense to me for the police (or the FBI) to want to fingerprint those rods. If they hadn't done so, I can hear the conspiracy theorists balking about how lax the authorities were. (The cops can't win for losing, can they, Ben?)

Maybe you'd better move on to your next paper-thin argument to try and make Lee Harvey Oswald blameless for all 11/22/63 murders in Dallas, Ben. Because this "curtain rod" thing is getting embarrassing for you.

David Von Pein
August 29-30, 2015"

A most perceptive explanation for fingerprinting........to avoid future criticism of "conspiracy theorists". No mention of the date problem with respect to the timing of the removal of them in the Paine garage on an evening eight days later and their release after processing by 7.50am the following morning.

Indeed so, Mr Crow--------------he'll go on pretending not to have noticed the 3-15-64 submission date!  Thumb1:

And note how he never offers any solid reason why curtain rods found in the Paine garage would be fingerprinted. Just vague nonsense, like Mr Smith's 'due diligence'.

Mr von Pein, if you're reading this:

How would a positive test result for Mr Oswald's prints on 2 curtain rods found in the Paine garage have helped the investigation?

Offline Walt Cakebread

Didn't the FBI confirm that Day's palmprint of Oswald shared a number of random identical rifle marks and scratches, meaning that at some stage Oswald handled the rifle?

JohnM

Since we know the lift was placed on a 3 inch by 5 inch index card ...we can use that 3 inch wide card as a scale.....to A) find the size of the scotch tape that Day used to perform the lift, and B) we can find the distance between the two parallel lines ....

The scotch tape was 1 inch wide and the distance between the edges of the bayonet slot is 3mm ....

The bayonet slot on my model 91/38 measures 4mm across...... 

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Since we know the lift was placed on a 3 inch by 5 inch index card ...

How do we know this?

Offline Walt Cakebread

How do we know this?

Somewhere the card is identified as a 3 X 5 index card.....Perhaps in the FBI report.... I don't remember..... But isn't  3X 5 the standard size for index cards?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Offline Walt Cakebread

It should be obvious that there was a reason that Rankin wanted documents ( Letters from Truly and Hoover) stating that no curtain rods had been found IN IN   ( INSIDE)  the TSBD after November 22 1963.   

What had happened that precipitated Rankin's action of writing to Hoover to request the the FBI interview Roy Truly concerning curtain rods?   Why did Agent Howlett take two curtain rods to the DPD in March of 1964 and request that the DPD ( Detective Day)  check to see if Lee Oswald's prints were on those curtain rods??  ......And WHY? did  Day and Howlett try to make it appear that the curtain rods had come from Ruth Paines garage??

The answer to those questions reveals that the authorities were aware that a couple of curtain rods had been found in or around the TSBD .....   And whoever found them needed to be convinced that the curtain rods had no connection to Lee Oswald.....

Perhaps some of you struggle with the fact that it's obvious that the authorities were the conspirators.....  And you simply can't accept the obvious, so you struggle to find alternative explanations.....   Ockham's razor should be applied .....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 04:36:21 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Mr Crow!  Thumb1:

"In order to establish that no curtain rods were found in the Texas School Book Depository Building..."
----------------as opposed to:
"In order to establish whether any curtain rods were found in the Texas School Book Depository Building..."

I.e. Let's close this thing down!

Remember, this is the same Mr Rankin who wrote the below on 16 March, the day after 2 curtain rods were submitted to the crime lab to check for Mr Oswald's prints...

:D