Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 96403 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Advertisement
That's not true Alan, if you're going to quote me do so accurately! I'll post it AGAIN. As you can see, I offered three possible explanations. Alan, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you simply made a mistake, rather than deliberately lied but at the very least you should have checked what I actually wrote before misquoting me..that's just damn lazy. I'm not impressed.

"Hi Alan, there were no "length markings" on the curtain rods, photos in the Dallas Municipal Archives prove this. It was Jenner that instructed the recorder to mark the rods 275/276 as shown in RP's testimony. Whatever reason the rods were designated 275/276 had nothing to do with their length, both of which was 27.5. Would they have even written the measurement that way back then? I would have expected the 'old fashioned way' of plain feet and inches. Anyway, moot point as there were no markings.
You raise some good points, good questions, good post...and then start really overreaching by claiming, without any proof what-so-ever, that rods had also been found at the TSBD and 'swapped' with the rods found in the Paine's garage. There really is a much simpler and logical explanation, which admittedly I can't prove, but you certainly can't disprove.
As you know, the WC already knew about the rods in the Paine's garage from previous testimony taken from RP. I would suggest Jenner was being rather disingenuous and instructed Howlet to remove the rods from the garage, whilst RP was in Washington, have them tested for fingerprints etc and then return them in time for the garage inspection with himself, RP and Howlet, a week or so later. Why? Difficult to say. Perhaps Jenner suspected RP in some way, the tone of his questioning would seem to suggest that, perhaps he wanted as much information as possible on the rods before the garage inspection, not a bad investigative technique, or perhaps as it was such an important case Jenner was just being 'belt n braces'. Truthful answer Alan,..I don't know for sure and neither does anybody else.
I realise you're not going to accept this explanation, that you'd much rather stick to your 'rods found in TSBD' scenario. That's OK, we can agree to differ. All I'm trying to do is offer a reasonable alternative as you requested, that fits your criteria of why and how, which I believe I've done. Thank you."

I apologise, Mr Pointing! And am happy to amend my statement:

As to why Agent Howlett and Mr Jenner would do all this just for the sake of a meaningless fingerprint test, Mr Pointing had no cogent answer to offer.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Denis Pointing

I apologise, Mr Pointing! And am happy to amend my statement:

As to why Agent Howlett and Mr Jenner would do all this just for the sake of a meaningless fingerprint test, Mr Pointing had no cogent answer to offer.

Thumb1:

Whether you believe my explanations are "cogent" or not is only your interpretation and opinion. Frankly, neither are of any interest to me what-so-ever. Let's let others decide. No reply required. You're dismissed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 01:45:03 PM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Alan Ford

Whether you believe my explanations are "cogent" or not is only your interpretation and opinion. Frankly, neither are of any interest to me what-so-ever. Let's let others decide. No answer required. You're dismissed.

(~Shrug~)

Mr Pointing's coherent-or-incoherent hypothesis: "Perhaps Jenner suspected RP in some way"

Question!

How could a test on 2 curtain rods for Mr Oswald's fingerprints possibly be reflective of Mr Jenner's alleged suspicion of Ms Paine?

Same question, put differently!

How exactly would a positive result for Mr Oswald's prints on either or both of the rods be a problem for Ms Paine?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Quote from: Tim Nickerson on April 12, 2019, 07:47:08 AM
Was he sharing his toothbrush as well? 

Quote from: Alan Ford on April 12, 2019, 07:58:24 AM
Quite possibly. Or maybe it wasn't his toothbrush. Either way, someone else's prints would indicate that Mr Oswald had a secret associate in his life.

Quote from: Tim Nickerson on April 12, 2019, 09:16:16 PM
That is ludicrous. Try again.

Quote from: Alan Ford on April 12, 2019, 09:48:16 PM
Why is it ludicrous, Mr Nickerson? Do explain!

Quote from: Tim Nickerson on April 12, 2019, 10:10:43 PM
Why the hell would Oswald be sharing his toothbrush?

Quote from: Alan Ford on April 12, 2019, 10:23:58 PM
If-----------e.g.!-----------Mr J Ruby's prints were found on the same toothbrush as Mr Oswald's prints, you don't think that might be indicative of something interesting? 

You were saying Ray?

Helpful note for Mr Nickerson!

The letters 'e.g' are an abbreviation of 'exempli gratia', which means 'for the sake of an example'!

Thumb1:

Offline Walt Cakebread

(~Shrug~)

Mr Pointing's coherent-or-incoherent hypothesis: "Perhaps Jenner suspected RP in some way"

Question!

How could a test on 2 curtain rods for Mr Oswald's fingerprints possibly be reflective of Mr Jenner's alleged suspicion of Ms Paine?

Same question, put differently!

How exactly would a positive result for Mr Oswald's prints on either or both of the rods be a problem for Ms Paine?

Thumb1:

In my opinion ...the only plausible explanation for Howlett submitting the curtain rods to the DPD crime lab to be checked for Oswald's finger prints, ; ....Those curtain rods were found in or near the TSBD and suspected of being the curtain rods that Frazier said that Lee told him he had in the flimsy paper sack that rainy morning.    Frazier has steadfastly maintained that Lee Oswald told him that he had curtain rods in the flimsy paper sack on the back seat of the car.....But Nobody inside the TSBD that morning saw Lee Oswald carry any long paper sack into the building.....Thus Lee must have left the sack outside before entering the building.... 

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

Where is the 'confliction of dates', Mr Mytton?

Thumb1:

The dates on those cards indicate that the prints were lifted from the curtain rods on March 25. That's one day after the rods were released to Howlett.

Offline Alan Ford

The dates on those cards indicate that the prints were lifted from the curtain rods on March 25. That's one day after the rods were released to Howlett.

Mr Nickerson, when were the rods released to Agent Howlett on 24 March originally submitted by Agent Howlett?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

In my opinion ...the only plausible explanation for Howlett submitting the curtain rods to the DPD crime lab to be checked for Oswald's finger prints, ; ....Those curtain rods were found in or near the TSBD and suspected of being the curtain rods that Frazier said that Lee told him he had in the flimsy paper sack that rainy morning.

As the rather hapless recent efforts of our LN friends to argue otherwise is demonstrating, Mr Cakebread, that does indeed seem to be the only plausible explanation why 2 curtain rods were sent for checking for Mr Oswald's prints on 15 March!  Thumb1: