Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 97478 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Advertisement
Friends, for the two curtain rods submitted by Agent Howlett to Lieutenant Day for fingerprinting on 15 March to be the same two curtain rods 'found' by Agent Howlett in the Paine garage on 23 March, they had to be taken out of the Crime Scene Search Section at some point between 15 March and 23 March. Yes?

But how was this done?

The two versions of the form give dates after 23 March:

But let us look closely at the date on the 'later', unsigned-by-Agent-Howlett form!

I have never seen a '6' quite like the one in '26' from Lieutenant Day's hand before...

All it would have taken was a squiggle of the pen to post-date the release from March 21 (two days before 'finding' of 2 rods in Paine garage)-----------

-------------to March 26---------------

15 March: 2 curtain rods submitted to lab

21 March: 2 curtains signed out from lab

23 March: 2 curtain rods 'found' in Paine garage

Thumb1:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:12:54 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Friends, on 16 March 1964 Mr J. Lee Rankin, General Counsel on the Warren Commission, writes this to Mr J. Edgar Hoover:

Context Explains All!:

Just the day before this letter is written, 2 curtain rods have been submitted by SS Agent Howlett to Lieutenant Day at the Crime Scene Search Section to check for Mr Oswald's fingerprints.

Now--------quite by coincidence, of course--------Mr Oswald's having brought curtain rods to work on 11/22 is suddenly deemed by Mr Rankin a 'story' that needs to be 'check[ed] out... fully'
============i.e. closed down in every way possible!

Within a few short days of this letter's being written, Mr Rankin's fellow Commission man Mr Jenner will be pretending to witness Agent Howlett 'find' 2 in-place-in-the-Paine-garage-since-before-the-assassination curtain rods!

Isn't it just remarkable, this sudden flurry of urgent activity in mid-March 1964 around a curtain rods 'story' that appears hitherto to have gone fully un-checked-out by the Oswald-Acted-Alone investigators since 11/22/63?

What can have happened to concentrate minds?

:D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:09:17 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Friends, on 16 March 1964 Mr J. Lee Rankin, General Counsel on the Warren Commission, writes this to Mr J. Edgar Hoover:

Context Explains All!:

Just the day before this letter is written, 2 curtain rods have been submitted by SS Agent Howlett to Lieutenant Day at the Crime Scene Search Section to check for Mr Oswald's fingerprints.

Now--------quite by coincidence, of course--------Mr Oswald's having brought curtain rods to work on 11/22 is suddenly deemed by Mr Rankin a 'story' that needs to be 'check[ed] out... fully'
============i.e. closed down in every way possible!

Within a few short days of this letter's being written, Mr Rankin's fellow Commission man Mr Jenner will be pretending to witness Agent Howlett 'find' 2 in-place-in-the-Paine-garage-since-before-the-assassination curtain rods!

Isn't it just remarkable, this sudden flurry of urgent activity in mid-March 1964 around a curtain rods 'story' that appears hitherto to have gone fully un-checked-out by the Oswald-Acted-Alone investigators since 11/22/63?

What can have happened to concentrate minds?

What do you hope to expose, Alan.....   You may be right in proposing that they were manipulating the curtain rod story.... but what does it prove? 

Lee denied that he had told Frazier that the 27 inch long sack, that was constructed of FLIMSY paper contained curtain rods.....Let's take a look at the scribbled notes....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:58:47 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

What do you hope to expose, Alan.....   You may be right in proposing that they were manipulating the curtain rod story.... but what does it prove?

That they were manipulating the curtain rod story because it needed manipulating:

-----------------two 27 1/2 inch curtain rods matching Ms Paine's description of her missing curtain rods had turned up in the Depository because
-----------------Mr Oswald had brought them to work on 11/22 in a bag estimated by Mr Frazier and Ms Randle to have been approx. 27 inches long when folded over at the top.

Lee denied that he had told Frazier that the 27 inch long sack, that was constructed of FLIMSY paper contained curtain rods.....Let's take a look at the scribbled notes....

I have already dealt with both points you raise, Mr Cakebread!

And I am unaware of any scribbled notes written by Mr Oswald while in custody.

Here however is part of Agent Hosty's scribbled notes from his 11/23 interview with Ms Paine:

Mr Oswald was in her garage the night before the assassination
------------to pick up curtain rods!

Thumb1:

Offline Walt Cakebread

That they were manipulating the curtain rod story because it needed manipulating:

-----------------two 27 1/2 inch curtain rods matching Ms Paine's description of her missing curtain rods had turned up in the Depository because
-----------------Mr Oswald had brought them to work on 11/22 in a bag estimated by Mr Frazier and Ms Randle to have been approx. 27 inches long when folded over at the top.

I have already dealt with both points you raise, Mr Cakebread!

And I am unaware of any scribbled notes written by Mr Oswald while in custody.

Here however is part of Agent Hosty's scribbled notes from his 11/23 interview with Ms Paine:

Mr Oswald was in her garage the night before the assassination
------------to pick up curtain rods!

Thumb1:

Vert weak, Alan.... I fully support your efforts and I hope that you can present something solid....But so far ........

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Vert weak, Alan.... I fully support your efforts and I hope that you can present something solid....But so far ........

I'm happy to let more competent researchers than you be the judge of that, Mr Cakebread!

Offline Walt Cakebread

I'm happy to let more competent researchers than you be the judge of that, Mr Cakebread!

You've at the plate, Alan..... It's up to you to hit it outta the park....  There are no other researchers that can pinch hit for you.

PS...Why the animosity?....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:50:08 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Alan, if nothing else your efforts have again exposed the official story, according known document details, is full of holes. For those of us who wish to understand what happened it provides little solace, to the sheep, as we might suspect, all we will get is some bleating.

The only reason anyone would want to fingerprint the curtain rods in the Paine garage in March 64 would be a suspicion that somehow they were returned there from the crime scene after the assassination.  Certainly there was no thoughts that Oswald could perform that deed. Did they suspect Frazier of doing that? No mention of Frazier in the report and after all why would Frazier do so, it would not help him in the slightest.

Certainly Liebeler seemed totally unaware of any curtain rods in the Paine garage until his deposition of Michael Paine on March 17th.