Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 97525 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Advertisement
Maybe the same person who sent the backup bag...

Whose address is that?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

Mr Chapman, Mr Chapman, why don't you want to talk about the DPD Crime Scene Search Section document on 2 curtain rods tested as to see whether they bore Mr Oswald's prints?

I was 100% sure you probably noticed it the first three times I posted it for you!  :D
Anybody else see what I noticed? I dislike speculation, but how is it avoided, now? Is 3/15/64 an error, vs. 3/25/64? Was an attempt
made to correct the return date, from 3/24 to 3/26 ?
How will these dates ever be resolved, to the delight of all interested parties?
https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh23/html/WH_Vol23_0394b.htm

Cropped close-ups:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 06:11:13 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Alan Ford

Ruth Paine was obviously not aware that the curtain rods had been removed from the garage by Howlett on the 15th.

Howlett was obviously not aware that the curtain rods had been removed from the garage by Howlett on the 15th :D

Read!:

Mr. JENNER - Now, we all see, do we not, peeking up what appears to be a butt end of what we might call a curtain rod, is that correct?
Mrs. PAINE - That's correct.
Mr. JENNER - Is that correct, Mr. Howlett?
Agent HOWLETT - Yes, sir; that's correct.
Mr. JENNER - Painted or enameled white?
Agent HOWLETT - Yes, sir.
Mr. JENNER - Would you reach back there and take out what appears to be a curtain rod, Mr. Howlett-- how many do you have there?
Agent HOWLETT - There are two curtain rods, one a white and the other a kind of buff color or cream colored.
Mr. JENNER - Now, would you please search the rest of that shelf and see if you can find any other curtain rods or anything similar to the curtain rods, and look on the bottom shelves, Mr. Howlett, will you please? While he is doing that, Mrs. Paine, I notice there is on your garage floor what looks like a file casing you have for documents similar, at least it seems substantially identical to those that we had in Washington last week.
Mrs. PAINE - This is a filing case similar, yes, slightly different in color to one that you had in Washington. It contains madrigal music. It was on November 22 at the apartment where my husband was living.
Agent HOWLETT - I have just finished searching both shelves and I don't find any other curtain rods.

You are contending that Mr Howlett gave these answers without thinking to mention that
-----------he was already perfectly familiar with these two rods and already knew what their current exact location would be because
-----------he had days before this removed them, inspected them, sent them for fingerprinting, and restored them to this location himself?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:09:13 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Anybody else see what I noticed? I dislike speculation, but how is it avoided, now? Is 3/15/64 an error, vs. 3/25/64?

This makes sense!

----------------The curtain rods were submitted by Agent Howlett to Lieutenant Day at 9:45 on the morning of March 25:

----------------The curtain rods were then released by Lieutenant Day to Agent Howlett at 7:50 on the morning of March 24:

Solved!  Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:53:12 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

Colin, there is a reference in and their area of the testimony you quoted
in which the WC Asst Counsel reminds Ruth the curtain rods
in the garage were discussed in her very recent testimony
in DC, in which she agreed to leave the curtain rod
undisturbed. The dates are murky, this won?t be the resolved,
technically the rods were under WC control from the date of
the earlier testimony, per Ruth?s agreement.

Good to see your new hero, Ms Davison, is teaching you well, Mr Scully!  Thumb1:

Unfortunately, however, Davisonian waffle won't get you out of this.

The dates are not in the least murky:

------------Agent Howlett submitted 2 curtain rods for fingerprinting to Lieutenant J. C. Day on March 15
------------Lieutenant J. C. Day released the 2 curtain rods back to Agent Howlett on March 24.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

Howlett was obviously not aware that the curtain rods had been removed from the garage by Howlett on the 15th :D

Read!:

Mr. JENNER - Now, we all see, do we not, peeking up what appears to be a butt end of what we might call a curtain rod, is that correct?
Mrs. PAINE - That's correct.
Mr. JENNER - Is that correct, Mr. Howlett?
Agent HOWLETT - Yes, sir; that's correct.
Mr. JENNER - Painted or enameled white?
Agent HOWLETT - Yes, sir.
Mr. JENNER - Would you reach back there and take out what appears to be a curtain rod, Mr. Howlett-- how many do you have there?
Agent HOWLETT - There are two curtain rods, one a white and the other a kind of buff color or cream colored.
Mr. JENNER - Now, would you please search the rest of that shelf and see if you can find any other curtain rods or anything similar to the curtain rods, and look on the bottom shelves, Mr. Howlett, will you please? While he is doing that, Mrs. Paine, I notice there is on your garage floor what looks like a file casing you have for documents similar, at least it seems substantially identical to those that we had in Washington last week.
Mrs. PAINE - This is a filing case similar, yes, slightly different in color to one that you had in Washington. It contains madrigal music. It was on November 22 at the apartment where my husband was living.
Agent HOWLETT - I have just finished searching both shelves and I don't find any other curtain rods.

You are contending that Mr Howlett gave these answers without thinking to mention that he was already perfectly familiar with
-----------these two rods
-----------their current exact location?

Howlett was well aware that he had removed the curtain rods on the 15th and was just going through the motions during the deposition for demonstration purposes. There was no need for him to mention that he was familiar with the two rods and their location because he knew that Jenner was already aware of those facts himself.

Offline Alan Ford

Howlett was well aware that he had removed the curtain rods on the 15th and was just going through the motions during the deposition for demonstration purposes. There was no need for him to mention that he was familiar with the two rods and their location because he knew that Jenner was already aware of those facts himself.

So Howlett and Jenner knowingly misled Ms Paine?

Or do you think Ms Paine was in on this little piece of theatre?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tim Nickerson

So Howlett and Jenner knowingly misled Ms Paine?

Or do you think Ms Paine was in on this little piece of theatre?

How did they mislead Mrs Paine?