Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Lack Of Damage To CE-399  (Read 67707 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: Lack Of Damage To CE-399
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2019, 06:23:41 AM »
Advertisement
Thanks for that. Of course, Connally backed away from that degree of certainty later on.  Some things he never faltered on though . One, he was certain that he was not hit by the first shot. Two, he said "Oh, no, no, no. They are going tom kill us all" after he was hit and before the third shot.
He was not even certain about saying "Oh, no, no, no" after he was hit in the back.  In the Life article he says it was before:
    Between the time I heard the first shot and felt the impact of the other bullet that obviously hit me, I sensed something was wrong and said, ?Oh, no, no, no?. After I felt the impact I glanced down and saw that my whole chest was covered with blood.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2019, 06:23:41 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
He was not even certain about saying "Oh, no, no, no" after he was hit in the back.  In the Life article he says it was before:
    Between the time I heard the first shot and felt the impact of the other bullet that obviously hit me, I sensed something was wrong and said, ?Oh, no, no, no?. After I felt the impact I glanced down and saw that my whole chest was covered with blood.

You have to wonder whether the writer of the piece quoted him correctly or not. Because it differs from his two sworn testimonies and other recorded statements of his.

From WC testimony of John Connally:

I immediately, when I was hit, I said, "Oh, no, no, no." And then I said, "My God, they are going to kill us all."

From the HSCA testimony of John Connally:

Mr. CONNALLY. No, it was a bit later, because I wasn't sure at that point in time that anything had happened, so it was a bit later when I said oh, no, no, no. This was after I realized I had been hit and, then I said my God, they are going to kill us all.

2:05

5:55

1:00

4:45
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:45:34 AM by Tim Nickerson »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »
I think the Governor would at times go along with Nellie's claim that he said "Oh, no, no, no, no!" before he was struck by the second shot. She may have been wrong on that as she was on some other things.

"Oh, no, no, no!"

In any event, Connally is not seen on the film to mouth words until Z242; see "Listening to the Zapruder Film" ( Link ). The article's placement of "Oh, no, no, no!" at Z242-50 suits Mason because he believes the Governor said that separate from "My God, they're going to kill us all!" and--per Nellie and sometimes the Governor--before he was struck in the back by the second shot (which Mason places at Z272).

According to the Mason Theory, therefore, Connally would have to shout something like "My God, they're going to kill us all!" in the the 2.24 sec between Z272 and Z312. The SBT proponents have Connally taking about one second (Z223 to Z242) to perceive the strike to the back and then formulate words. That would leave the Mason Theory with 1.2 sec (Z290 to Z312) for the Governor to say "My God, they're going to kill us all!" The lip-readers say he took 1.75 sec (Z255 to Z287) to say "My God, they're going to kill us all!"

The Mason Theory not only doesn't have enough time for Connally to say those words but the lip-readers said he stopped speaking at Z287. Furthermore, we see Connally turn towards the camera beginning Z289 and he's not mouthing anything.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2019, 07:11:23 PM »
The testimony of the Connallys. They did not change their original statements to the chagrin of the Warren counsel...

Mrs. CONNALLY. In fact the receptions had been. so good every place that I had showed much restraint by not mentioning something about it before.
I could resist no longer. When we got past this area I did turn to the President and said, "Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you."
Then I don't know how soon, it seems to me it was very soon, that I heard a noise, and not being an expert rifleman, I was not aware that it was a rifle. It was just a frightening noise, and it came from the right.
I turned over my right shoulder and looked back, and saw the President as he had both hands at his neck.
Mr. SPECTER. And you are indicating with your own hands, two hands crossing over gripping your own neck?
Mrs. CONNALLY. Yes; and it seemed to me there was--he made no utterance, no cry. I saw no blood, no anything. It was just sort of nothing, the expression on his face, and he just sort of slumped down.
Then very soon there was the second shot that hit John. As the first shot was hit, and I turned to look at the same time, I recall John saying, "Oh, no, no, no." Then there was a second shot, and it hit John, and as he recoiled to the right, just crumpled like a wounded animal to the right, he said, "My God, they are going to kill us all."
I never again----
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/conn_n.htm

Mr. SPECTER. What is the best estimate that you have as to the time span between the sound of the first shot and the feeling of someone hitting you in the back which you just described?
Governor CONNALLY. A very, very brief span of time. Again my trend of thought just happened to be, I suppose along this line, I immediately thought that this--that I had been shot. I knew it when I just looked down and I was covered with blood, and the thought immediately passed through my mind that there were either two or three people involved or more in this or someone was shooting with an automatic rifle. These were just thoughts that went through my mind because of the rapidity of these two, of the first shot plus the blow that I took, and I knew I had been hit, and I immediately assumed, because of the amount of blood, and in fact, that it had obviously passed through my chest. that I had probably been fatally hit.
So I merely doubled up, and then turned to my right again and began to--I just sat there, and Mrs. Connally pulled me over to her lap. She was sitting, of course, on the jump seat, so I reclined with my head in her lap, conscious all the time, and with my eyes open; and then, of course, the third shot sounded, and I heard the shot very clearly. I heard it hit him. I heard the shot hit something, and I assumed again--it never entered my mind that it ever hit anybody but the President. I heard it hit. It was a very loud noise, just that audible, very clear.
Immediately I could see on my clothes, my clothing, I could see on the interior of the car which, as I recall, was a pale blue, brain tissue, which I immediately recognized, and I recall very well, on my trousers there was one chunk of brain tissue as big as almost my thumb, thumbnail, and again I did not see the President at any time either after the first, second, or third shots, but I assumed always that it was he who was hit and no one else.
I immediately, when I was hit, I said, "Oh, no, no, no." And then I said, "My God, they are going to kill us all." Nellie, when she pulled me over into her lap----
Mr. SPECTER. Nellie is Mrs. Connally?
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/conn_j.htm
Specter knew damn well who 'Nellie' was. He was being coy because the Connally's testimony wasn't very helpful to the dance that these guys are trying to boogie to here ...the Lone Assassin Wiggle Walk:

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2019, 07:53:29 PM »
I think the Governor would at times go along with Nellie's claim that he said "Oh, no, no, no, no!" before he was struck by the second shot. She may have been wrong on that as she was on some other things.
It is evident from his various statements that JBC wasn't really sure about when he said it. It is interesting that in his HSCA testimony Connally said that he uttered the words "Oh, no, no, no" not out of concern for his own wounding but out of concern for the President (1 HSCA 43):

When I was hit, or shortly before I was hit-no, I guess it was
    after I was hit-I said first, just almost in despair, I said, "no, no,
    no," just thinking how tragic it was that we had gone through this
    24 hours, it had all been so wonderful and so beautifully executed.
    The President had been so marvelously received and then here,
    at the last moment, this great tragedy. I just said, "no, no, no, no."
    Then I said right after I was hit, I said, "My God, they are going to
    kill us all."

Nellie, however, was always consistent in stating that JBC uttered the words after the first shot and before he was hit in the chest.

In any event, Connally is not seen on the film to mouth words until Z242; see "Listening to the Zapruder Film" ( Link ). The article's placement of "Oh, no, no, no!" at Z242-50 suits Mason because he believes the Governor said that separate from "My God, they're going to kill us all!" and--per Nellie and sometimes the Governor--before he was struck in the back by the second shot (which Mason places at Z272).

According to the Mason Theory, therefore, Connally would have to shout something like "My God, they're going to kill us all!" in the the 2.24 sec between Z272 and Z312. The SBT proponents have Connally taking about one second (Z223 to Z242) to perceive the strike to the back and then formulate words. That would leave the Mason Theory with 1.2 sec (Z290 to Z312) for the Governor to say "My God, they're going to kill us all!" The lip-readers say he took 1.75 sec (Z255 to Z287) to say "My God, they're going to kill us all!"

The Mason Theory
which is that the 20+ witnesses who said that JFK was hit by the first shot were correct; that the 40+ witnesses who said that the shot pattern was 1.....2..3 were correct; and the 20+ witnesses who said that the first shot was after z186 were correct.

not only doesn't have enough time for Connally to say those words but the lip-readers said he stopped speaking at Z287. Furthermore, we see Connally turn towards the camera beginning Z289 and he's not mouthing anything.

The lip readers were not exactly sure when he said "My God, they're going to kill us all". They cannot see his lips from z255-287 because, as they pointed out, his faces is in shadow during this period so we cannot see his lips. (His face is sideways to the camera and the sun is at the back of his head):

"255-287: Gov. Connally is screaming and talking (his face is in shadow; he may be saying, "My God, they're going to kill us all," based on what can be seen of his expressions); President Kennedy, meanwhile, is fainting. "

They also say that he appears to be uttering some words from 312-320:

"312 to 320s   Gov. and Mrs. Connally seem to be talking (his mouth is moving; she testified "John said nothing" after he slumped back into her lap).  320s   Gov. Connally's mouth seems to be forming the word "Go."

JBC did not mention that he said anything after "My God, they're going to kill us all".  So it may be that he started to utter these words sometime just before the head shot and finished saying them just after.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2019, 07:53:29 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »
Amazing that people can read lips on the Zapruder film ::)
Nellie, however, was always consistent in stating that JBC uttered the words after the first shot and before he was hit in the chest.
Insistent is more like it. The governor testified that he was saying them when he was hit [read my post above]
What difference does it make? He was hit by a separate shot. They were there. But folks here who were not there refuse to believe them. Go figure that.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2019, 09:58:23 PM »
Amazing that people can read lips on the Zapruder film ::) Insistent is more like it. The governor testified that he was saying them when he was hit [read my post above]
But my point was that on other occasions he stated that he uttered these words BEFORE he was hit. Nellie always said he uttered those words before the second shot.
What difference does it make?
The difference is in the timing of the second shot!! 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2019, 09:58:23 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2019, 10:29:16 PM »