Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar  (Read 30025 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2022, 10:58:09 PM »
Advertisement
Oswald was long dead when Marina testified.

You launched the demented idea that she should be trusted because they were married at the time of the alleged sighting.

I see Martin already took care of your massive lack-of-wrong-doing meltdown.

Again, Marina checked the blanket BEFORE the police arrived.  She did so because she had cause for concern at that point based on Oswald's history.  In addition, when the police arrived just hours after the assassination, and asked if her husband owned a rifle, she directed them to the blanket.  LHO was alive and well at that point.  Your bizarre comparison to Johnny Depp and his ex-wife who were long divorced and suing each other in an adversarial conflict standd as the single worst analogy in Internet history.  It does, however, provide a great source of amusement.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2022, 10:58:09 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2022, 11:20:55 PM »
You just made that up. Most unlikely she had the foggiest clue where he worked.

Maybe try to check the facts before embarrassing yourself.  Marina didn't know where her husband worked?  Marina is the person who asked Ruth Paine to call the TSBD about the job opportunity after they learned of it.  Regardless, that is not even relevant in this context because Ruth Paine told Marina that the shots were fired from the building in which Oswald worked.  That is the reason Marina went to check the blanket.  Because she was told by Paine that the shots came from Oswald's building.

Mr. JENNEB. You reached home and Marina suggested that “Would you please
call the Texas School Depository?”
Mrs. PAINE. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. Did Mrs. Paine say anything about the possibility of your husband being involved?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, but she only said that "By the way, they fired from the building in which Lee is working."
My heart dropped. I then went to the garage to see whether the rifle was there, and I saw that the blanket was still there, and I said, "Thank God." I thought, "Can there really be such a stupid man in the world that could do something like that?" But I was already rather upset at that time--I don't know why. Perhaps my intuition. I didn't know what I was doing.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 11:21:32 PM by Richard Smith »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2022, 11:58:21 PM »
Maybe try to check the facts before embarrassing yourself.  Marina didn't know where her husband worked?  Marina is the person who asked Ruth Paine to call the TSBD about the job opportunity after they learned of it.  Regardless, that is not even relevant in this context because Ruth Paine told Marina that the shots were fired from the building in which Oswald worked.  That is the reason Marina went to check the blanket.  Because she was told by Paine that the shots came from Oswald's building.

Mr. JENNEB. You reached home and Marina suggested that “Would you please
call the Texas School Depository?”
Mrs. PAINE. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. Did Mrs. Paine say anything about the possibility of your husband being involved?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, but she only said that "By the way, they fired from the building in which Lee is working."
My heart dropped. I then went to the garage to see whether the rifle was there, and I saw that the blanket was still there, and I said, "Thank God." I thought, "Can there really be such a stupid man in the world that could do something like that?" But I was already rather upset at that time--I don't know why. Perhaps my intuition. I didn't know what I was doing.

she (Ruth Paine) only said that "By the way, they fired from the building in which Lee is working."

If Marina is quoting Ruth Paine accurately.....Ruth's remark is a classic case of the subtle suggestion that is intended as a slap of awareness for the listener.   

Example:  "Yes, it is a beautiful morning, Admiral....  Oh, by the way, did you know that the Japanese are bombing the ships in Pearl Harbor."

IOW... Ruth knew about Lee having possession of a rifle and knew that her remark would grab Marina's attention. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2022, 11:58:21 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2022, 01:15:21 AM »
Regardless, that is not even relevant in this context because Ruth Paine told Marina that the shots were fired from the building in which Oswald worked.

Ruth didn’t know what building Lee worked in.

Mr. JENNER - For the purpose of this record then I would like to emphasize you were under the impression then, were you, that Lee Harvey Oswald was employed?
Mrs. PAINE - At the warehouse.
Mr. JENNER - Other than at 411, a place at 411 Elm?
Mrs. PAINE - I thought he worked at the warehouse. I had in fact, pointed out the building to my children going into Dallas later after he had gained employment.

Offline Paul J Cummings

« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2022, 03:39:52 AM »
Yeah Lee worked the question how much while at the TSBD.

Ruth didn’t know what building Lee worked in.

Mr. JENNER - For the purpose of this record then I would like to emphasize you were under the impression then, were you, that Lee Harvey Oswald was employed?
Mrs. PAINE - At the warehouse.
Mr. JENNER - Other than at 411, a place at 411 Elm?
Mrs. PAINE - I thought he worked at the warehouse. I had in fact, pointed out the building to my children going into Dallas later after he had gained employment.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2022, 03:39:52 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2022, 04:49:40 AM »
  Marina is the person who asked Ruth Paine to call the TSBD about the job opportunity after they learned of it.  Regardless, that is not even relevant in this context because Ruth Paine told Marina that the shots were fired from the building in which Oswald worked.  That is the reason Marina went to check the blanket.  Because she was told by Paine that the shots came from Oswald's building. 
So what?
Marina may have known that Lee worked for this book company but doubtful that she knew where it was.
All that information mentioned above was relayed post assassination.
You can believe the tale about Walker if you want.
The task at hand was to certify Oswald as a homicidal maniac.
Marina told them whatever she thought they wanted to hear. 

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2022, 03:44:05 PM »
she (Ruth Paine) only said that "By the way, they fired from the building in which Lee is working."

If Marina is quoting Ruth Paine accurately.....Ruth's remark is a classic case of the subtle suggestion that is intended as a slap of awareness for the listener.   

Example:  "Yes, it is a beautiful morning, Admiral....  Oh, by the way, did you know that the Japanese are bombing the ships in Pearl Harbor."

IOW... Ruth knew about Lee having possession of a rifle and knew that her remark would grab Marina's attention.

What a tortured explanation of a simple point.  Ruth heard on the news that shots were fired from the building in which Oswald worked.  She very understandably mentioned that to Marina.  It would be a point of interest if someone's husband worked in the building from which the president had just been assassinated.   No sinister purpose required.  And what would be the point of making a "subtle suggestion that is intended as a slap of awareness" in this context?  Do you think Marina would never have learned of this had Paine not mentioned it?  Good grief.  Again, though, your baseless claim that Marina didn't know where her own husband worked is both wrong and not relevant since she was told by Paine that the shots had come from Oswald's building.  I did not "make up" the point that Marina checked the blanket after learning that the shots had been fired from Oswald's place of work.  That comes directly from Marina's own testimony. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 03:59:45 PM by Richard Smith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2022, 03:44:05 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2022, 03:50:27 PM »
So what?
Marina may have known that Lee worked for this book company but doubtful that she knew where it was.
All that information mentioned above was relayed post assassination.
You can believe the tale about Walker if you want.
The task at hand was to certify Oswald as a homicidal maniac.
Marina told them whatever she thought they wanted to hear.

What a weak deflection.  Even if she had no clue where the building was in Dallas why would that matter when the media was reporting that the shots came from the TSBD?  Where her husband worked.  After learning this, Marina then checks the blanket for a rifle.  The only explanation for that action is that 1) she knew her husband possessed a rifle and kept it in that blanket; and 2) that her husband was a nut capable of such a thing because of his past history attempting to kill Walker.  This occurs right after the assassination before Marina has even been approached by the authorities or could have been subject to any coercion on the topic.