Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak (new book)  (Read 68704 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak (new book)
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »
Advertisement
Someone asked me how the KGB could have possibly arranged for Oswald to get the job at the TSBD (I can't find the original post, now.)

Well, gosh ...

Since Ruth Paine helped Oswald get that job, and since CIA Counterintelligence Staff analyst Edward Clare Petty told Richard Russell around 1974 (as recounted in TMWKTM) that Oswald's buddy George DeMohrenschildt was probably a long-term KGB "illegal," it's reasonable to assume that the person DeMohrenschildt handed Oswald off to a couple months before the assassination, Russophile Ruth Paine, was KGB, too. 

--  Tommy  :)

PS  If it makes you feel any better, it was Petty who eventually came to the (erroneous) conclusion that James Angleton was himself a KGB "mole".

So, Petty can't be ALL bad, right?

LOL

(See my EF thread "Was George de Mohrenschildt a Long-Term KGB 'Ilegal'?" for details.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:36:51 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2018, 02:11:09 AM »
Since Ruth Paine helped Oswald get that job, and since CIA Counterintelligence Staff analyst Edward Clare Petty told Richard Russell around 1974 (as recounted in TMWKTM) that Oswald's buddy George DeMohrenschildt was probably a long-term KGB "illegal," it's reasonable to assume that the person DeMohrenschildt handed Oswald off to a couple months before the assassination, Russophile Ruth Paine, was KGB, too.

The problem with this is that it was Linni Mae Randle who informed Ruth Paine that her brother Buell had gotten a job at the TSBD. Besides this Oswald could have been working at Padgett Printing if they had not contacted Padgatt -Chiles and Stovall as a reference.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2018, 02:24:51 AM »
Oscar,

Me:  Since Ruth Paine helped Oswald get that job, and since CIA Counterintelligence Staff analyst Edward Clare Petty told Richard Russell around 1974 (as recounted in TMWKTM) that Oswald's buddy George DeMohrenschildt was probably a long-term KGB "illegal," it's reasonable to assume that the person DeMohrenschildt handed Oswald off to a couple months before the assassination, Russophile Ruth Paine, was KGB, too.

You:  The problem with this is that it was Linni Mae Randle who informed Ruth Paine that her brother Buell had gotten a job at the TSBD. Besides this Oswald could have been working at Padgett Printing if they had not contacted Padgatt -Chiles and Stovall as a reference.

Me:  It was Ruth Paine who called Roy Truly to set up the interview.

--  Tommy   :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:30:47 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2018, 02:24:51 AM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2018, 03:32:23 AM »

And it was Ruth Paine who called Roy Truly to set up the interview.

RP had to be told of the possible job opportunity in the first place as Oscar points out. That fact easily trumps who actually made the phone call. If LMR hadn't mentioned the TSBD Ruth Paine wouldn't have got involved in that job enquiry in a month of Sundays.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2018, 04:05:18 AM »
Okay, so that Oswald could be scapegoated for the assassination, how did the bad guys CIA get Linnie Mae Randle to tell Ruth Paine that Oswald could probably get a job at the TSBD?

Was Linnie Mae Randle CIA???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:29:56 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2018, 04:05:18 AM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2018, 04:30:44 AM »
Okay, so how did the bad guys CIA get Linnie Mae Randle to suggest to Ruth Paine that Oswald could probably get a job at the TSBD

Have you ever considered that they didn't?

How long was LHO employed at the TSBD before the planning of JFK's parade route commenced let alone finalised?

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #294 on: November 27, 2018, 04:35:20 AM »
"But, JFK had a good relationship with Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev so why would the KGB want him dead?"

Rob,

That's what I thought, too, until I read Bagley's "Spy Wars" and "Ghosts of the Spy Wars," got a handle (so-to-speak) on 90-plus years of KGB (and CHEKA, and OGPU, and NKVD, and FSB, and SVR, and ... etc, etc) ACTIVE MEASURES COUNTERINTELLIGENCE OPS (since 1959 artfully interwoven with Strategic/Operational Deception Counterintelligence Operations), and then read Chapter 10 ("Sinister Implications") of Mark Riebling's "Wedge: The Secret War Between The FBI and CIA", ... specifically from the last sentence on page 207 through the first sentence on page 209 in the 1994 book (pages 391 - 392 on my android).

The sentence that begins, "But what would the Soviets possibly gain from Kennedy's death ..."

https://archive.org/details/WedgeFromPearlHarborTo911HowTheSecretWarBetweenTheFBIAndCIAHasEndangeredNationalSecurity/page/n1

-- Tommy   :)

So what did they gain?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #294 on: November 27, 2018, 04:35:20 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #295 on: November 27, 2018, 04:57:36 AM »
I assume that you, like most members of JFK Assassination Blog Forums, are a believer that the CIA killed JFK and scapegoated Oswald for it.

If so, do you believe the evil, evil, evil CIA didn't care where Oswald was working on 11/22/63?