Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald put his package straight into Frazier's car, why?  (Read 38828 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald put his package straight into Frazier's car, why?
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »
Advertisement
I'm familiar with the use of the caret symbol as a proofreader mark for inserting text, but thank you for Bill-splaining it to me.  But as you allude, not only is the symbol going the wrong way for that usage, but it's not even located in the right place to signify the gap between "Truly" and "had".

You resolve this discrepancy by just pulling out the assumption from thin air that he didn't use the symbol correctly, which is no different from Walt assuming that he meant "and" and didn't use the symbol correctly.  It also resembles a stylized plus sign which people use to indicate "and".  Something like this:

(with the crossbar either faded or missing)

But the bottom line is that neither you or Walt can conclusively determine what Hosty meant by just looking at the note.  In the absence of the ability to ask Hosty what he meant or hope that he later expounded upon them (it doesn't appear that he did), you have to consider what the other interrogation reports said as well as Warren Caster's and Roy Truly's testimonies.  Walt will just say that they were all "damn liars" (including Hosty) and that his take on the handwritten note is the only legitimate interpretation.  But you're not much better.

There is no doubt that Hosty intended that the mark was to be a plus sign...

When his son wrote to me to "explain"  his father's scribbled note he told me that his dad intended to say that Mr Truly AND two other men had a rifle outside Mr Truly's office....

Of course I don't believe that.....  Based on the fact that at 3:15 pm Detective Day had just brought he rifle in from the TSBD and it's standard operating procedure to display the murder weapon to a suspect ( to observe his reaction)
I believe that's exactly what happened ....  When they displayed the rifle, Lee told them that he had see (THIS) "rifle + two others" outside Mr Truly's office on the first floor of the TSBD on Wednesday November 20 1963.

They displayed that rifle to Marina, and Robert, and Ruth Paine, and Marguerite Oswald and the whole wide world.....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:13:31 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2018, 05:18:31 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2018, 05:52:25 PM »
I think his question is self-explanatory and doesn't require any interpretation. The bag that Stombaugh viewed only had ONE fold on it.

Thanks.

That confirms the level of intelligence one must have to buy into that.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
Thanks.

That confirms the level of intelligence one must have to buy into that.

Arrogant.  Eisenberg said "any bulges or creases or folds".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
Arrogant.  Eisenberg said "any bulges or creases or folds".

More confirmation.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »
More confirmation.

Still arrogant.  That's your argument?  "I'm right because you're stupid".  Really?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2018, 06:50:49 PM »
Still arrogant.  That's your argument?  "I'm right because you're stupid".  Really?

Interesting. Wonder what stupid AND arrogant makes you?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »
Interesting. Wonder what stupid AND arrogant makes you?

The last refuge of someone who is out of coherent arguments...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 07:14:54 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2018, 11:47:24 PM »
I'm familiar with the use of the caret symbol as a proofreader mark for inserting text, but thank you for Bill-splaining it to me.  But as you allude, not only is the symbol going the wrong way for that usage, but it's not even located in the right place to signify the gap between "Truly" and "had".

You resolve this discrepancy by just pulling out the assumption from thin air that he didn't use the symbol correctly, which is no different from Walt assuming that he meant "and" and didn't use the symbol correctly.  It also resembles a stylized plus sign which people use to indicate "and".  Something like this:

(with the crossbar either faded or missing)

But the bottom line is that neither you or Walt can conclusively determine what Hosty meant by just looking at the note.  In the absence of the ability to ask Hosty what he meant or hope that he later expounded upon them (it doesn't appear that he did), you have to consider what the other interrogation reports said as well as Warren Caster's and Roy Truly's testimonies.  Walt will just say that they were all "damn liars" (including Hosty) and that his take on the handwritten note is the only legitimate interpretation.  But you're not much better.

The testimonies of Caster and Truly support my claim, not Walt's.

The "crossbar" is not "faded or missing" because it's not an ampersand logo and it's not a plus sign; it is an inverted caret which never had a "crossbar".

You don't have to accept it, makes no difference.  It's obvious (to anyone with the ability to interpret) what Hosty did.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:52:08 PM by Bill Brown »