Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald put his package straight into Frazier's car, why?  (Read 38836 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Oswald put his package straight into Frazier's car, why?
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2018, 11:53:21 PM »
Advertisement

It's not a matter of voting......Hosty wrote ....." Mr Truly had rifle & 2 others"......

Ask any elementary school student to explain that short sentence to you.......

That's not what he wrote, though.  This is what you're wrong about.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2018, 11:53:21 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2018, 12:01:15 AM »
That's not what he wrote, though.  This is what you're wrong about.

Hosty did write that, Bill.  There's just no reason to think that "2 others" meant "2 other rifles".

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:29 AM »
Hosty did write that, Bill.  There's just no reason to think that "2 others" meant "2 other rifles".

No.  That is not what he wrote, John.

Both you and Cakebread need to familiarize yourselves with the use of the inverted caret symbol.

Hosty's note, on the top line which you highlighted in yellow, says:

"Mr. Truly had"

In the second line, Hosty noted only one word:

"rifle"

Then, at some later point in time (whether it be only minutes later or days later once he had the opportunity to go over his notes to make things more clear and accurate), Hosty added the inverted caret symbol along with "2 others".

Notice that Hosty's use use of the inverted caret symbol along with "2 others" is written in much darker ink, which suggests that it was added later.  If you don't notice it in the area which you highlighted in yellow, then go a few pages back and look at the same without the yellow highlight.

Hiosty's use of the inverted caret symbol makes the note actually read:

"day before yesterday
Mr Truly 2 others had
rifle
1st floor outside
office"

Hosty didn't use the inverted caret symbol correctly, but it didn't have to be correct, as long as he understood.  They were only his notes, after all.

The inverted caret symbol is NOT an ampersand logo.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:31:04 AM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:29 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2018, 12:58:58 AM »
Thanks, you confirmed what I suspected.

Assumed is probably the right word.

Did Randle actually say the bag was three feet long or was it also something Bookhaut assumed?

Thanks, you confirmed what I suspected.

Well of course, everyone is familiar with a driveway at the front of a house and it's a reasonable assumption.

Assumed is probably the right word.

Under the circumstance that has to be the right conclusion, the only possible discrepancy that I can see is that he wrote the address at the start "LINNIE MAE RANDLE, 2439 West Fifth Street, Irving, Texas, phone Blackburn 3-8965".
The next part of the FBI report is most pertinent and everything falls into place because the interview wasn't conducted at her home but elsewhere "was interviewed at the Dallas Police Department" and the unfamiliarity with the property and not knowing that the back door was a busy thoroughfare, led to what Bookhout thought was a logical conclusion.

Did Randle actually say the bag was three feet long or was it also something Bookhaut assumed?

I don't see the correlation, an assumption based on what, the above assumption was based on something unseen whereas Linnie Mae was there and Bookhout could see her mouth moving and wrote what she said.

JohnM
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:00:54 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2018, 01:37:30 AM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2018, 01:37:30 AM »

Offline John Mytton

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »
No.  That is not what he wrote, John.

I'm familiar with the use of the caret symbol as a proofreader mark for inserting text, but thank you for Bill-splaining it to me.  But as you allude, not only is the symbol going the wrong way for that usage, but it's not even located in the right place to signify the gap between "Truly" and "had".

You resolve this discrepancy by just pulling out the assumption from thin air that he didn't use the symbol correctly, which is no different from Walt assuming that he meant "and" and didn't use the symbol correctly.  It also resembles a stylized plus sign which people use to indicate "and".  Something like this:

(with the crossbar either faded or missing)

But the bottom line is that neither you or Walt can conclusively determine what Hosty meant by just looking at the note.  In the absence of the ability to ask Hosty what he meant or hope that he later expounded upon them (it doesn't appear that he did), you have to consider what the other interrogation reports said as well as Warren Caster's and Roy Truly's testimonies.  Walt will just say that they were all "damn liars" (including Hosty) and that his take on the handwritten note is the only legitimate interpretation.  But you're not much better.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2018, 04:31:21 PM »
Mr. EISENBERG. Did you notice any bulges or creases or folds apart from the fold used in making of the bag?
Mr. STOMBAUGH. No; I didn't. I noticed that one end of the bag had been torn.

I think that what Eisenberg is referring to with "the fold used in making of the bag" is all the folds associated with the bag itself, including manufacturing and folding it to take to Irving. He's not claiming the bag he examined had a singular fold.

"Bulges or creases or folds" seems a reference to marks or impressions caused by something other than what the bag alone picked up in its manufacture and transportation. Just my thoughts.