Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 38320 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »
Advertisement
(Quote Link Above= Reply by Tom Scully to a heapin' helpin" of Walt's BS....)

I abhor long winded BS posts...

The Bottom line is J.Edgar Hoover.....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:54:31 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2019, 05:59:34 PM »

Mr Scully.... Where did the BY photo (CE 133A)  come from??   Where did the DFP get the photo?....  J.Edgar Hoover.... 

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »

Mr Scully.... Where did the BY photo (CE 133A)  come from??   Where did the DFP get the photo?....  J.Edgar Hoover....

Sigh....! Let the record indicate that the time stamp (05:33:27 PM) below, pointing (linking) to a post by me,
is identical to the time stamp included in my immediate last post, ON THIS VERY PAGE of the INSTANT THREAD!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roberts_(journalist)
Eugene Leslie Roberts, Jr. (born June 15, 1932)[1] is an American journalist and professor of journalism. He has been a national editor of The New York Times, executive editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer from 1972 to 1990, and managing editor of The New York Times from 1994 to 1997. Roberts is most known for presiding over The Inquirer's "Golden Age",[2] a time in which the newspaper was given increased freedom and resources, won 17 Pulitzer Prizes in 18 years,[3] displaced The Philadelphia Bulletin as the city's "paper of record", and was considered to be Knight Ridder's crown jewel as a profitable enterprise and an influential regional paper.[4]
.......Career  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roberts_(journalist)#Career
Roberts was born in Pikeville[citation needed] in the Goldsboro, North Carolina Metropolitan Area. He grew up in North Carolina and worked for newspapers in Goldsboro, N.C.; Norfolk, Va.; Raleigh, N.C.; and Detroit. He covered the Kennedy Assassination in Dallas for the Detroit Free Press and subsequently covered the Civil Rights Movement as a correspondent for The New York Times, where he also served as Saigon bureau chief in 1968 during the Vietnam War. After serving as national editor at The Times from 1969 to 1972, he was hired by John S. Knight to head The Inquirer. He retired in 1990 and returned to the Times as managing editor from 1994 to 1998.

Roberts taught journalism from 1991 to 1994 and from 1998 to 2010 at the Philip Merrill College of Journalism, University of Maryland.

He is on the board of directors of the Committee to Protect Journalists and served five years as its chairman; he has also served as chairman of the Pulitzer Prize Board, the International Press Institute, and the Board Of Visitors of the School of Communications at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.....

Adam Wilkinson   Posted October 7, 2005
I just thought I would share an interview I conducted with Gene Roberts over email.

A March 2, 1964 article in Newsweek Magazine claimed that Gene Roberts had purchased a number of photographs of Oswald on behalf of the Detroit Free Press. The negative of one of these photographs has never been located or analysed, so I asked Gene the following questions:

1. Who sold you these photographs?

2. What photos were included in the purchase?

3. Did the Warren Commission or the House Select Committee on Assassinations ever try to contact you to reacquire these photos?

4. Do you know what became of these photos?

Here is his answer for any researcher who may be interested:

The photographs you asked about came from the files of the district

attorney?s office in Dallas.
The DA got them from the FBI. They were the

same photographs that were given to the Warren Commission.

The photographs included the well known photograph of Oswald holding a

rifle in one hand and The Worker, the Communist Party newspaper from New

York, in the other; photocopies of Oswald?s identity cards, some with

aliases and others in his own name; and some family photos, as I recall.

I don?t remember the exact number, but there were possibly as many as 25

or 30. Almost all of the photographs were later made public, but at the

time they were new to the reading public.

No negatives were involved, only copies of photos and documents in the

FBI files. The FBI made them available to the Dallas DA to aid in the

prosecution of the Jack Ruby case. I correctly guessed this might happen

and made every effort to cultivate people in the DA?s office in the hope

that I might get access to the files. One employee of the DA made the

files available to me from 8 p.m. on a Saturday night to 8 a.m. on

Sunday morning, a 12-hour period when the employee did not think anyone

would be in the DA?s office.
I hired an experienced photo lab person to

photocopy the file during the 12-hour period. I stayed with him during

the entire copying process and he provided me with two copies of every

photo and document in the file.

I had planned to route each set of copies on different airlines from

Dallas to my newspaper at the time, the Detroit Free Press in Detroit,

Michigan But I was so sleep-deprived that when I arrived at the

Dallas-Fort Worth airport on Sunday at about 9 a.m., I failed to make my

instructions clear and both sets of photographs were routed on the same

flight to Detroit. Because of weather conditions ? or mechanical

problems, I can?t remember which ? the plane was grounded in New Orleans

for several hours.

Panic developed at the Free Press, which wanted the photos in time for

the first edition of the Monday paper, which had a 6 p.m. deadline on

Sunday. We knew that Life magazine had access to some of the photos and

would start appearing at newsstands about noon on Monday. We wanted to

beat them to the punch.

As the deadline approached, editors in Detroit asked me to describe the

pictures and estimate the size of each photo that would be on page one.

With this information, the paper set the type for the front page and

made the page with holes for the pictures.

The plane arrived in Detroit about 30 minutes before deadline on Sunday

at the Detroit airport, which was about 30 minutes by car from the Free

Press building. My editor, Derrick Daniels, had motorcycles waiting on

the tarmac to speed the photos to the newsroom, where he had photo

editors and airbrush artists waiting to expedite the photos into the

paper. In 1964, engraving processes were not as sophisticated as they

later became, and it was commonplace to airbrush photos with white

liquid chalk to heighten the definition between dark and gray areas in

photographs. In the haste to get the photos in the paper, an airbrusher

covered the sniper scope (on the rifle Oswald was holding along with The

Worker paper) with liquid chalk.

Our paper was indeed available several hours ahead of Life. But when

Life appeared on newsstands, its photo of Oswald with The Worker paper

had a sniper scope. The Free Press photo did not. Armchair detectives

around the world found this to be highly suspicious.

But the Life and Free Press photos were both copies of the very same

photograph. Because airbrushers use liquid chalk that can be scratched

away with a fingernail, you could easily determine that the photographs

were the same. The apparent discrepancies of the photos have been

mentioned several times over the years in books and articles, creating a

mystery where none really existed. Had anyone taken the time to visit

the morgues (libraries) of the two publications, they could have seen

that the photos were the same.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 06:19:04 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2019, 06:16:03 PM »
Sigh....! Let the record note that the time stamp below, quoting myself, is identical to the time stamp included in my immediate
last post, ON THIS VERY PAGE of the INSTANT THREAD!

That doesn't address the problem....  Was J.Edgar Hoover the source for the BY photo being presented to the public?   A simple "yes"  or "no", please...

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2019, 06:27:06 PM »
That doesn't address the problem....  Was J.Edgar Hoover the source for the BY photo being presented to the public?   A simple "yes"  or "no", please...

Walt, at long last, will you even consider the possibility you are the problem?
Two press outlets published similar BYP photos in nearly the same time frame.... Above, I accounted for the origin of the photo print
acquired by DFP's Gene Roberts, at the time, in early 1964, per an interview of Roberts claimed in 2005 by Adam Wilkinson   (Posted October 7, 2005).

Prior to that, I posted this research I completed earlier today, supporting the origin of the similar photo posted (published) by Life Magazine.:
....and this was your reply to my post containing that information supporting the source of the photo published by Life, as that
magazine was attempting to beat the Detroit Free Press efforts to publish before Life Magazine could.:

I am typing this post sitting on a bed in my folks' basement, an exercise distracting me from worrying about my out of control body weight! How 'bout you, Walt?

Perhaps you could reduce that out of control body weight by taking a long walk on a short pier....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:28:41 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2019, 06:27:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
Walt, at long last, will you even consider the possibility you are the problem?
Two press outlets published similar BYP photos in nearly the same time frame.... Above, I accounted for the origin of the photo print
acquired by DFP's Gene Roberts, at the time, in early 1964, per an interview of Roberts claimed in 2005 by Adam Wilkinson   (Posted October 7, 2005).

Prior to that, I posted this research I completed earlier today, supporting the origin of the similar photo posted by Life Magazine.:
....and this was your reply to my post containing that information supporting the source of the photo published by Life, as that
magazine was attempting to beat the Detroit Free Press efforts to publish before Life Magazine could.:

Psssst....Mr Scully... I requested a simple "yes" or "no" .... The question is: Was J.Edgar Hoover the source for the B.Y. photo that was "leaked" to the publications?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »
This should save a lot of time for forum members in the future.  Just refer to the following list, and when Walt brings one of these up, you can just say, "oh that's Walt Fabrication #25", or whatever.  New fabrications can be added to the list as he creates them.

WF1: The Dillard photo was taken during the assassination.

WF2: Oswald told Fritz that he saw Norman and Jarman walk past the lunchroom a few minutes before the shooting.

WF3: Oswald said he saw 3 rifles in Truly's office on November 20.

WF4: Howard Brennan saw a gunman in the 6th floor southwest window.

WF5: The telex that William Walter showed the HSCA was a photocopy of an original telex that warned of the assassination, rather than a reconstruction Walter did from memory.

WF6: LBJ was filmed on the night of November 22 on the airport tarmac saying something like "AH cum tew yew with a havy heart.....Yer president is daid".

WF7: Chief Curry was filmed telling reporters that when Baker stopped Oswald he was "calmly drinking a Coke".

WF8: There exists a photo of LD Montgomery holding the large paper bag with an umbrella handle sticking out.

WF9: Tom Alyea filmed the rifle after the clip had slid out. [Note: Walt has since retracted this one]

WF10: You can't operate a Mannlicher Carcano as a single shot rifle

WF11: Most of the DPD photos taken on the sixth floor were fake reconstructions taken at night.

WF12: Richard Case Nagell had an ID card with the Name Alek Hidell on it.

WF13: Russians have a difficult time pronouncing the name Lee.

WF14: The Irving police shook the Walker note out of the Russian cook book.

WF15: The coroner ruled that Henry Marshall committed suicide.

WF16: Oswald told Bill Shelley that he was going to take the afternoon off because there wouldn't be anymore work done that day.

WF17: Anna Meller testified that George De Mohrenschildt told her that Lee had taken a potshot at Walker...No wait, it was actually Natasha Voshinin...Oh wait she didn't testify that, she actually told that to Dick Russell in 1992.

WF18&19: Brennan told the cops that the man that he had seen with a HUNTING RIFLE (possibly a 30-30 Winchester) in the TSBD was NOT present in the line up.

WF20: Junior Jarman testified that he and Harold Norman walked by the 1st floor lunchroom at about 12:26 /12:27 on their way to the fifth floor.

WF21: Benavides said the Killer DID NOT look like Lee Oswald.

WF22: In late April 1963, LBJ requested an substantial increase in his Secret Service protection.  He was requesting more protection than was allotted for JFK.

WF23: The Powell photo shows a rifle barrel protruding from the window.

WF24: J.E. Hoover revealed that he had information on Waggoner Carr that could put Carr behind bars.....

WF25: Red signal rings were placed on the fifth and sixth floor windows of the TSBD to signal LBJ that everything was in place and the coup would take place at his thumbs up signal.

WF26: Hoover knew about the rifle being sent to PO Box 2915 in March of 1963.   Oswald's PO Box was under surveillance and the Feds knew that a rifle had been sent to that PO Box.

WF27: There's no doubt in my mind that the "Sheriff" told Williams to keep his mouth shut about seeing a "Secret Service Man" there on the sixth floor.....And that's exactly what williams did.....And he's still alive today because he kept his mouth shut.......

WF28: The cops who were there said they pulled the gun from Lee's waistband.

WF29: The ticket booth is not in the sunlight.....it is in the shade, therefore it appears blue.

WF30: Lee Oswald knew hunting season was closed and there was no reason for the guns in the TSBD.

WF31: The butt of the pistol on "Oswald's" hip falls at exactly the same place on the fence in the background in CE 133A and 133c.....

WF32: Oswald was provided with an electric razor that emitted a very unique and identifiable radio signal, which was used to activate a camera on Francis Gary Powers' U-2 spyplane.

WF33: Kellerman and Greer are pulling their heads down (ducking) before JFK is hit in the head.

WF34: both Greer and Kellerman are ducking as "something" light colored is knocked off the front of the car goes sailing over their heads.

WF35: Are you aware that there were NO IDENTIFIABLE PRINTS found on the rifle?

WF36: Whaley testified that his passenger was wearing THREE jackets.

WF37: Truly and Baker went up to the second floor on the front staircase and then crossed the second floor to where they encountered Oswald.

WF38: Helen Markham received a threatening call from Henry Wade at "City Hall" and he warned her that he'd put her in the slammer if she continued talking to reporters.

WF39: An attempt to rechamber a spent shell causes a CRUMPLING type dent on the LIP ONLY.

WF40: The TSBD staircase was soundproof.

WF41: The police suspected that the goofy Walker was pulling a publicity stunt, to enhance his image in his run for Governor......They merely went through the motions of investigating and filed the reports.....

WF42: I'm 99% sure that JFK learned of Lee's accomplishments behind the Iron Curtain and ordered that the young spy be brought home because he wanted to use his talents in Cuba.

WF43: Givens said that he saw Lee on the sixth floor at about 12:10

WF44: William Whaley said that Lee climbed into his taxicab at the Greyhound bus station at 12:30

WF45: The shooter didn't know the man in front of JFK was John Connally.......Connally was not supposed to be there....another LBJ foe was supposed to be sitting in that jump seat.....Senator Ralph Yarborough was scheduled to ride in that seat.

WF46: Organ gives the distance as 190 feet .....  That's the approximate distance to the window at the time JFK's brains were blown out.

WF47: On a visit to Mexico, Earl Warren had did something that he didn't want the public to know about.  Apparently Hoover knew about this and so did LBJ.......When Earl Warren tried to refuse to be the presiding judge for LBJ's "Special Select Blue Ribbon Committee"..... LBj said something like..."We wouldn't want the folks to find out about Mexico, now would we Judge?"   After that Warren was putty in LBJ's hands.......

WF48: Miss Burns said she entered the office immediately after she heard the shots...and she said that [Wilson] was standing.

WF49: [Wilson] said that he was SITTING at his deck until that moment and then got up to see JFK pass by.

WF50: The photos CE 133A and CE 133B are shown uncropped on page 90 of Groden's The Search for LHO. The shadows being cast by the stairs are identical in both photos.

WF51: J. Edgar Hoover acknowledged that the Z film had been altered.

WF52: Michael Paine gave a backyard photo to Fritz.

WF53: Oswald's selective service card was signed "Gut Schieffer", which is German for Good Marine.

WF54: The "sniper's nest" had several cigarette butts on the floor.

WF55: The Walker incident was nothing but a hoax that De Morhenschildt and Oswald thought would get Lee welcomed into Cuba.

WF56: If either JFK or Connally had been wearing the light colored Stetson, they probably wouldn't have been shot...... The white Stetson was the badge of the "good guys".....  When JFK shunned the hat and refused to put it on, he sealed his fate.

WF57: Connally didn't know what the hell LBJ was talkin about when he told him to be sure to wear his white Stetson in the Lincoln

WF58: A man on the south side of Elm street was shot in the leg during the assassination

WF59: The photo on page 68 of TKOAP shows "Lee standing around out front" beside Billy Lovelady

WF60: LBJ nearly soiled his skivvies when he heard that John McCormack was moving to take the oath of office...

WF61: Yes, JFK was aware that a sniper on a roof top could try to shoot him..... The Secret Service had discovered the plot and warned JFK as did Bobby before JFK left Washington.

WF62: Just a few hours after the murder of President Kennedy the FBI eavesdropped on and recorded a telephone conversation at the Paine residence and Mike Paine was recorded as saying "He didn't do this, but we know who did"

WF63: Lee told Marina that he had hid the rifle where the police dogs would find it.

WF64: But it has been widely reported that Ruby corrected Henry Wade by saying "No Henry, that's the Fair Play for Cuba Committee"

WF65: "Lee told Fritz that his lunch included an apple and an orange"

WF66: Life magazine said the backyard photo was retouched before they got it

WF67: It was 50 feet between the alley and General Walker's house

WF68: Howard Brennan saw the bullet hit the cement ledge below the window

WF69: There is a bullet track in a photo that shows a bullet struck the TSBD window ledge above BRW's head.....And there was a pock mark from that bullet on the ledge until 1993

WF70: Brennan said he saw something fall from the TSBD

WF71: I'm not sure if this is the same manuscript that Alyea published many years ago. I have that manuscript.......  I believe Alyea himself published / produced the manuscript.

WF72: Boone thought that Lt Day was Captain Fritz

WF73: Day saw a smudge that he IMAGINED to be a palm print on that WOODEN foregrip and he lifted it by using scotch tape as Tom Alyea watched him lift it.   That lift is what you see in CE 639.

WF74: And there was a large sign on the east wall inside the double doors that said STAIRS on an ARROW  pointing to the stairs to the second floor

WF75: and a locked gate kept him from entering the office area there on the second floor

WF76: several of the occupants of the car said that there were many bullets that struck the car in just a couple of seconds.

WF77: LBJ gave JFK a Stetson hat on the morning of November 22, 1963

WF78: Wilson said that he remained standing behind that window for over a quarter of an hour after the shooting

WF79: Walker call the editor in Germany on Saturday morning 11/23/63 and tells him that Oswald was the culprit who tried to kill him on April 10

WF80: Please check the photos of "Oswald" being escorted by a DPD detective,  The photos seem to show Lee Oswald being escorted by a DPD Detective who has a hold on "Oswald's" right arm.... and Lee is wearing the arrest shirt.  The problem is....The photos were fake....Lee was already in his grave and refused to get up to be escorted through the halls of the police station.  So they used an impostor who resembled Lee Oswald and cropped the photos ........

WF81: Jack Ruby and Ralph Paul were co-owners of a drive in burger joint where JD Tippit was employed as a security guard

WF82: They kept Jack Ruby in the City Jail until he died

WF83: A persons ears never change
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,96.msg982.html#msg982

WF84: Roy Truly had seen Lee Oswald sitting at a table in the second floor lunchroom just seconds after the shots were fired
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,159.msg6116.html#msg6116

WF85: Howard Brennan is the ONLY person who stepped forward immediately after the shooting at 12:30, and reported seeing a man aiming a rifle from a TSBD window
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1592.msg43759.html#msg43759

I've never bothered to look at your list before today, Johnny.....   And I've merely scanned it quickly, so I don't know how accurately you've interpreted my statements ( and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn....

However I wanted to set the record straight so as not to mislead others....This morning I came across an enlarged photo of the James Powell photo.... The photo shows the BARRICADE  boxes behind the window  to be stacked differently than in the Dillard photo.   The box arrangement in the Powell photo causes shadows on the east side of the boxes that I had though was a solid dark slender object like a gun barrel....  I can now see that what I thought was a rifle barrel is the shadow on the east side of the Barricade boxes.

So this eliminates that idea, but creates another problem....The barricade boxes are definitely stacked differently when the Powell photo is compared with the Dillard photo...

We are told that there is a mere 30 seconds between the Dillard photo and the Powell photo, and the Powell photo was taken AFTER the Dillard photo.... 

The shadows in the photos indicate that the Poell photo was taken BEFORE the Dillard photo....  And this makes sense because the barricade boxes are stacked differently and nobody could have moved them around in 30 seconds.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »