Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 38339 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »
Advertisement
Somebody needs to tell these people they need to stop doing what can't be done or at least what Walt thinks can't be done.

If you have delicate ears don't turn on the volume.

Is that a model 91/38 Manlicher carcano that the man is using?    It looks like a M91 Calvalry carbine....and the cartridge he holds up to the camera sure as hell is American made ammo ..which uses a projectile that is smaller than the bullet that the rife was designed to use.  Thus the bullet can move around in the chamber which allows the bolt to cam over the rim of the cartridge.    AND we have no way of knowing if the carbine is badly worn......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
Is that a model 91/38 Manlicher carcano that the man is using?    It looks like a M91 Calvalry carbine....and the cartridge he holds up to the camera sure as hell is American made ammo ..which uses a projectile that is smaller than the bullet that the rife was designed to use.  Thus the bullet can move around in the chamber which allows the bolt to cam over the rim of the cartridge.    AND we have no way of knowing if the carbine is badly worn......
Always amazed at how little you know. The assassination was carried out with American made ammunition. WCC lot 6000 is American made ammo. WCC=Western Cartridge Company.

I doubt you know this but It is the same receiver just a shorter barrel. I thought you said you owned some of these rifles? Do you actually believe the chamber is made so sloppy that the shell casing can freely move around in the chamber?

The inability to place a shell in the chamber and close the bolt  sounds more like a lack of strength issue. Simply put you are unable to muster the arm strength to make the extractor spring apart. I was thinking you are an average adult male but maybe I need to rethink that. First unable to reassemble a few screws on the carcano in a minor amount of time and now can't single load a carcano by dropping the cartridge in the chamber and closing the bolt.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Always amazed at how little you know. The assassination was carried out with American made ammunition. WCC lot 6000 is American made ammo. WCC=Western Cartridge Company.

I doubt you know this but It is the same receiver just a shorter barrel. I thought you said you owned some of these rifles? Do you actually believe the chamber is made so sloppy that the shell casing can freely move around in the chamber?

The inability to place a shell in the chamber and close the bolt  sounds more like a lack of strength issue. Simply put you are unable to muster the arm strength to make the extractor spring apart. I was thinking you are an average adult male but maybe I need to rethink that. First unable to reassemble a few screws on the carcano in a minor amount of time and now can't single load a carcano by dropping the cartridge in the chamber and closing the bolt.

Simply put you are unable to muster the arm strength to make the extractor spring apart. I was thinking you are an average adult male but maybe I need to rethink that.

Actually I didn't have the guts to try to hammer the bolt shut with the heel of my hand.....But a strong beefy young man wanted to try......So I gave him the carcano and a cartridge and told him to be careful....  And yes he did in fact manage to hammer the bolt shut with the heel of his hand....But I was standing back and worried about what might happen if the firing pin released while he was hammering the bolt forward.....  And I was concerned that he might break the extractor....

But he managed to load a single cartridge "just like it's possible with a Springfield 30.06"..... ( well not exactly.....You don't need to hammer the bolt shut with the Springfield. )

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2019, 08:18:55 PM »
Simply put you are unable to muster the arm strength to make the extractor spring apart. I was thinking you are an average adult male but maybe I need to rethink that.

Actually I didn't have the guts to try to hammer the bolt shut with the heel of my hand.....But a strong beefy young man wanted to try......So I gave him the carcano and a cartridge and told him to be careful....  And yes he did in fact manage to hammer the bolt shut with the heel of his hand....But I was standing back and worried about what might happen if the firing pin released while he was hammering the bolt forward.....  And I was concerned that he might break the extractor....

But he managed to load a single cartridge "just like it's possible with a Springfield 30.06"..... ( well not exactly.....You don't need to hammer the bolt shut with the Springfield. )
The guys in the videos didn't have any problem closing the bolt in fact it could not have been easier, but you felt the need to have a first grader close the bolt for you? While he was there you should have asked him how the gun works including when to have your finger on the trigger and when to not.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »
The guys in the videos didn't have any problem closing the bolt in fact it could not have been easier, but you felt the need to have a first grader close the bolt for you? While he was there you should have asked him how the gun works including when to have your finger on the trigger and when to not.

So .....How do you know that the carbine in the video has not been altered?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
The problem is:  You're not familiar with the carcano..... So you can't spot the chicanery in the video.

I'm not sure what the flim flam artist's motive is for being dishonest.....Perhaps it's just his ego to prove that he can do something that's been declared impossible.

Or maybe your ego won't allow you to admit that you're wrong.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
So .....How do you know that the carbine in the video has not been altered?

It's amazing how many of these people, who have never even heard of Walt Cakebread, go to the trouble of modifying their rifles just to fool everyone into thinking that Walt Cakebread is wrong.

Maybe Walt Cakebread is just wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2019, 09:29:17 PM »
Or maybe your ego won't allow you to admit that you're wrong.

No, that's not true....  But I am a stubborn A-- hole....  And when someone tries to give me a dog turd and tell me it's a candy bar..... I do become indignant.