Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 38345 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
Advertisement
Your original position was that it couldn't be done at all.  Then you changed it to,  ok, you can do it, but it's not easy.

But all Frazier said was:

Mr. McCLOY - Can you use that rifle without the clip?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes; you can.
Mr. McCLOY - What is the advantage of the clip?
Mr. FRAZIER - It permits repeated firing of the weapon without manually loading one shot at a time.
Mr. McCLOY - The only other way you can fire it is by way of manual load?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; one shot at a time.
Mr. McCLOY - When you say a six-cartridge clip, could that gun have been fired with the clip fully loaded and another one in the chamber?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir.
Mr. McCLOY - The same as the .30-06?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; the weapon will hold a maximum of seven.

He didn't make any statement on how easy or convenient it would be to make the weapon hold a maximum of seven, just that it can be done.

No, it can't be done ( loaded as a seven shot rifle) with a standard Mannlicher Carcano....

Your original position was that it couldn't be done at all.  Then you changed it to,  ok, you can do it, but it's not easy.

My original statement was merely a refutation of the WC "Expert'" statement ..... So I might have said it couldn't be done ..Because that "expert" Robert Frazier had said that the carcano "could be loaded as a single shot rifle JUST LIKE a Springfield 30.06"......And that is not true.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »

Offline John Kozlowski

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2019, 09:13:10 PM »
You lot always claim the Carcano was clunky to operate. So thanks for agreeing that the testers were at a disadvantage by dint of not having sufficient practice time working that 'clunky' bolt and firing that 'clunky' rifle.

Very Good.... Now you're exhibiting a tiny bit of intelligence, Chappie....  ( on par with a 7 year old)

You're right the tester said the rifle bolt was difficult to operate and inhibited the rifle from being fired rapidly and accurately....  In your words It was "clunky" and not at all suitable to use as a quickly fired sniper rifle. 

I'm drawing on personal experience with a Mannlicher Carcano ( I have several) ....The stiff firing pin spring in the bolt of the carcano bolt is compressed as the bolt is being turned and unlatched after firing a live cartridge.....   At the same time the firing pin spring is being compressed the hot, and expanded spent cartridge is being twisted in the firing chamber.   Then the expanded spent shell is drawn to the rear and ejected .  The compression of the FP spring and the friction of the spent shell causes the rifle to be twisted counterclockwise in the shooters left hand ....and the barrel of the rifle is pulled off target.

A poorly serviced and maintained rifle ( one that is dirty and not well lubricated) compounds the problem by a factor of ten.....

The testers were using a well serviced and lubricated  rifle and still they could not duplicate the feat that a few ignorant suckers profess to believe Lee Oswald accomplished....  Rave on Chappie....
The carcano is a still a mess when it is maintained properly. I'm no gun expert but I do hunt with a rifle so have experience. The scope on mine becomes misaligned every shot and it is much easier to use without. I'm way more accurate using the irons.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »

The carcano is a still a mess when it is maintained properly. I'm no gun expert but I do hunt with a rifle so have experience. The scope on mine becomes misaligned every shot and it is much easier to use without. I'm way more accurate using the irons.
It really shouldn't do that. I use a Marlin 30-30 lever action with a Tascam scope and I haven't had to re-align it in years.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »

Thanks for weighing in with your personal experience....John.    Have you tried to load your carcano as a single shot rifle by simply dropping a single round into the breech ?   

The scope on mine becomes misaligned every shot and it is much easier to use without. I'm way more accurate using the irons.

The authorities told us very early that the arch villain Leee Harrrrrrvey Osssssswald   BOOOOOO! HISSSSS ! used a deadly accurate rifle that had telescopic sights.

Naturally to the inexperienced that seems to make sense..... What is your reply to the authorities?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

So you're no gun expert but the Carcano is a mess according to you. Got it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2019, 11:08:37 PM »
So you're no gun expert but the Carcano is a mess according to you. Got it.

I believe that Mr Koslowski is saying that even though he makes no claim to being a gun expert he has first hand knowledge about the carcano rifle.

"The carcano is a still a mess when it is maintained properly."

I'd second that idea.... Even a well maintained carcano is a clunky hard to operate rifle, and an extremely poor choice of a weapon that would be required to fire accurately and rapidly....

Offline John Kozlowski

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:03 AM »
I believe that Mr Koslowski is saying that even though he makes no claim to being a gun expert he has first hand knowledge about the carcano rifle.

"The carcano is a still a mess when it is maintained properly."

I'd second that idea.... Even a well maintained carcano is a clunky hard to operate rifle, and an extremely poor choice of a weapon that would be required to fire accurately and rapidly....
I'm no expert but I've been shooting guns and hunting with rifles for 20 years. I have the same Ordinance Optics scope that Oswald had and the gun is a piece of garbage. I could see if someone modified it could possibly ly shoot better. But the stock rifle is the worst I've ever shot. I'm not sure why you even argue with these idiots Walt. This place is one of the most vile forums I've ever seen. Cant have a civilized debate without being attacked by others and the admin encourages it. Much better places out there than this outdated spam filled mess
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:49:14 AM by John Kozlowski »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:03 AM »

Offline John Kozlowski

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2019, 04:38:35 AM »
If the clip is empty sure it can be done. But with bullets in the clip I'm not so sure. I can test it out and let you know. I've tried on other rifles and it didnt work but never tried with the carcano.