Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 38338 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2019, 01:42:40 PM »
Advertisement
No I meant the head of the cartridge. You obviously knew what was being discussed. Call it what you may, extractor groove, base of the cartridge, head, or rim take your pick it is all the same.
-----------------------------------------
"But you're wrong.... The extractor cannot "spring around" the rim of a cartridge because the tolerance inside the receiver are too tight to allow the extractor to "spring around" the rim of the cartridge."

But yet it does work that way. Absolute nonsense stating it doesn't. Stop pretending and buy a rifle and go shoot it. You will then know what the rest of us know. I bet it is hard to give up a concept you have been railing at for years.
----------------------------------------
Just like Frazier, here is one more firearms expert describing how the extractor springs around the head of the cartridge when the shell is already present in the chamber.

Joseph Nicol stating in his WC testimony about the extractor springing around the head of the shell, obviously also felt it was possible in answering a question from Eisenberg.

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, what led you to the conclusion that this was an ex tractor mark?

Mr. NICOL. Only that it appears at the location of the cartridge case where an extractor mark would normally be found. That is to say, this would be the mark where the extractor strikes the edge of the case, and then springs around as the cartridge is driven into the chamber.

Thank you for presenting another so called "expert" who didn't know how the Carcano operates..... I was not aware that Nicol made this bonehead statement.

Mr. NICOL. Only that it appears at the location of the cartridge case where an extractor mark would normally be found. That is to say, this would be the mark where the extractor strikes the edge of the case, and then springs around as the cartridge is driven into the chamber.

the extractor strikes the edge of the case, and then springs around as the cartridge is driven into the chamber.

Nicol clearly doesn't know that the face of a carcano bolt is much smaller than the head of the brass  cartridge .  The area in front of the annular groove and the extractor of the bolt that would contact a cartridge in the chamber is 10mm in diameter, and the rim of a carcano cartridge is 11.3mm. Attempting to load a single round would be akin to putting a 10mm nut on a 12mm bolt .... Or putting a 12mm square peg in a 10mm round hole.....

Nicol's choice of words also reveals his ignorance....   " as the cartridge is driven into the chamber."
The cartridge is not DRIVEN INTO the chamber of any rifle that I know of....  If the cartridge has to be driven into the chamber I wouldn't want to be the person firing that rifle.....   Or the person who would have to remove that cartridge from the chamber after it was fired.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2019, 01:42:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2019, 09:09:10 PM »
No I meant the head of the cartridge. You obviously knew what was being discussed. Call it what you may, extractor groove, base of the cartridge, head, or rim take your pick it is all the same.
-----------------------------------------
"But you're wrong.... The extractor cannot "spring around" the rim of a cartridge because the tolerance inside the receiver are too tight to allow the extractor to "spring around" the rim of the cartridge."

But yet it does work that way. Absolute nonsense stating it doesn't. Stop pretending and buy a rifle and go shoot it. You will then know what the rest of us know. I bet it is hard to give up a concept you have been railing at for years.
----------------------------------------
Just like Frazier, here is one more firearms expert describing how the extractor springs around the head of the cartridge when the shell is already present in the chamber.

Joseph Nicol stating in his WC testimony about the extractor springing around the head of the shell, obviously also felt it was possible in answering a question from Eisenberg.

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, what led you to the conclusion that this was an ex tractor mark?

A person who is so egotistical that he will not accept facts is STUPID!...   Mr Nessan you're so bent on being "right" that you ignore basic undeniable facts. a basic machine like a bicycle cannot be refuted.  When the pedal is pushed down the sprocket rotates and pulls the chain that goes to the smaller spocket which is attached to the read wheel. So the energy applied to the pedal is transferred to the rear wheel and the bicycle moves forward. That's the way the mechanism was designed.   The same idea can be applied to the carcano bolt.....  It was designed to be loaded from a clip... The carcano cannot be loaded with a single cartridge "just like a Springfield 30.06".....  Arguing that it can be,  only prevents you from learning and gaining knowledge.....And arguing that it can be loaded just like a 30.06 indicates that you're STUPID.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »
Let's see....

On one hand we have several people doing exactly that in Youtube videos, and on the other hand, we have a guy with 85 fabrications stamping his feet and insisting that it can't be done.

Tough choice...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2019, 11:26:01 PM »
Let's see....

On one hand we have several people doing exactly that in Youtube videos, and on the other hand, we have a guy with 85 fabrications stamping his feet and insisting that it can't be done.

Tough choice...

If you can't go to a Carcano website and se how a carcano operates, then you are in the same boat with Jack Nessan....You're stupid.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:30 AM »
If you can't go to a Carcano website and se how a carcano operates, then you are in the same boat with Jack Nessan....You're stupid.

Are you sure you are looking at a carcano website?. Last time you posted a video of what you thought was a carcano it turned out it was really a German built Gew 88. Don't worry though I won't tell anyone and ruin your expert status.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2019, 12:31:30 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2019, 12:47:27 AM »
Are you sure you are looking at a carcano website?. Last time you posted a video of what you thought was a carcano it turned out it was really a German built Gew 88. Don't worry though I won't tell anyone and ruin your expert status.

I don't need to visit a Carcano Website....I own several carcanos.....  I can remove the bolt from any of them and SEE why the carcano cannot be loaded as a single shot rifle as is possible with some other rifles....And I can drop a spent shell into the chamber and KNOW with absolute certainty that the bolt will not latch.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2019, 01:54:34 AM »
I don't need to visit a Carcano Website....I own several carcanos.....  I can remove the bolt from any of them and SEE why the carcano cannot be loaded as a single shot rifle as is possible with some other rifles....And I can drop a spent shell into the chamber and KNOW with absolute certainty that the bolt will not latch.

And yet other people on Youtube can do it with ease.

Conclusion:  Walt doesn't really have a Carcano or know what he's talking about.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2019, 01:54:34 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2019, 02:06:33 AM »

Walt, what are those interweb bastages doing then? How are they jerking your chain? Is it they don't have THE LHO Carcano, which you seem to have..and several of them, apparently?

Here is something constructive you can do with 1 of them:

Wipe off all the prints from 1 of your Carcanos then disassemble it, place its parts into a paper bag then remove them and reassemble the rifle, load the ammo into the clip, insert the clip, fire the rifle 3 times then dust it for prints and post the results.  I'll bet there will be more than 0 prints.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:46:27 AM by Jack Trojan »