Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 38321 times)

Offline Jack Nessan

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2019, 03:33:33 PM »
Advertisement
    Still waiting on someone to Verify that the guy is loading and firing a Carcano. The slug heading attached to the top of this video Proves Nothing.

Honestly, I can't even believe this is a question. Do you honestly know this little about the rifle or guns in general?  I would hope he would not shoot the wrong ammo in a gun and at least be aware of what he is doing. Interesting a question like this is asked in a thread involving Walt, in a way it just makes sense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2019, 03:33:33 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »
The carcano bolt extractor is machined to flex apart and also is bevel cut to accept a single shell. They may have been designed to load by a clip but they are capable of being single loaded into the chamber just the way the video shows. If you owned one you would have known this.

The carcano bolt extractor is machined to flex apart

I don't know what a "Bolt Extractor" is.....    But the spent cartridge extractor is made of spring steel and it does in fact flex apart but that isn't to allow it to flex over the live round in loading the shell.... The spring action of the extractor is what flips the spent cartridge from the rifle ...Thus it's called an EXTRACTOR... 

and also is bevel cut to accept a single shell. The bevel of the extractor isn't there to act as a cam,  which would allow the extractor to cam up and over the rim of the cartridge if the design of the receiver didn't prevent that caming action.   The extractor is beveled to MATCH the bevel of the cartridge......

They may have been designed to load by a clip but they are capable of being single loaded into the chamber just the way the video shows.

NOT may be designed ....The carcano IS designed to be loaded by a clip ONLY.....and a carcano can be loaded as a single shot rifle if the cartridge is fed into the face of the bolt in the same manner the clip feeds the cartridge into the face of the bolt.   It cannot be loaded as a single shot rifle IN THE SAME WAY A SPRINGFIELD 30.06 can be loaded as a single shot rifle.

If you owned one you would have known this.

I own several.... I'll sell you one so you can learn a little about the carcano.....

NOT may be designed ....The carcano IS designed to be loaded by a clip ONLY.....and a carcano can be loaded as a single shot rifle if the cartridge is fed into the face of the bolt in the same manner the clip feeds the cartridge into the face of the bolt.   It cannot be loaded as a single shot rifle IN THE SAME WAY A SPRINGFIELD 30.06 can be loaded as a single shot rifle.

No because of all the reasons given, the cartridge can be placed into the chamber of the rifle and the bolt closed and the extractor will spring around the head of the shell casing and the cartridge can be fired and then extracted. You obviously don't like that it can be done that way but it certainly can be done that way. Just like the Springfield 30-06.

If you owned one these rifles this would not even be a discussion about whether it could be fired in this manner.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

No because of all the reasons given, the cartridge can be placed into the chamber of the rifle and the bolt closed and the extractor will spring around the head of the shell casing and the cartridge can be fired and then extracted. You obviously don't like that it can be done that way but it certainly can be done that way. Just like the Springfield 30-06.

If you owned one these rifles this would not even be a discussion about whether it could be fired in this manner.

the extractor will spring around the head of the shell casing

I believe what you are trying to say is "the extractor will spring around the head rim of the shell casing "...But you're wrong.... The extractor cannot "spring around" the rim of a cartridge because the tolerance inside the receiver are too tight to allow the extractor to "spring around" the rim of the cartridge.

The extractor covers about 1/4 of the circumference of the face of the bolt, and the annular slot that grabs the rim of the cartridge covers about 1/2 of the circumference of the bolt face which leaves about 1/4 of the face of the bolt open to accept the cartridge as the cartridge is fed into the bolt by the spring in the magazine pushing the cartridge up and into the bolt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2019, 04:38:20 PM »
Honestly, I can't even believe this is a question. Do you honestly know this little about the rifle or guns in general?  I would hope he would not shoot the wrong ammo in a gun and at least be aware of what he is doing. Interesting a question like this is asked in a thread involving Walt, in a way it just makes sense.

I take it You have No Proof regarding Specifically what Weapon is being fired in the video You posted.  Cavalierly labeling as Fact that which is Uncorroborated & Unproven = why this case remains Unsolved after 55+ years. Congrats on your membership to this ever-growing club.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »
     I take it You have No Proof regarding Specifically what Weapon is being fired in the video You posted.  Cavalierly labeling as Fact that which is Uncorroborated & Unproven = why this case remains Unsolved after 55+ years. Congrats on your membership to this ever-growing club.

Cavalierly labeling as Fact that which is Uncorroborated & Unproven =  why this case remains Unsolved after 55+ years. 

I wouldn't dismiss it as merely ignorance...A large percentage of the "facts" which are not actually facts at all, were created by LBJ's Cover Up Committee's "experts".

And those "experts" weren't ignorant.....They knew exactly what they were lying about.   Just as Jack Nessan knows he's lying .....  This debate isn't about how a mannlicher carcano operates....  I've openly challenged one of the FBI 's "experts", and made myself the target for being discredited.   Unfortunately, for Nessan, the mechanical design of a machine like the Mannlicher Carcano is NOT open to debate.   The carcano was designed to operate in a specified manner, and Jack N. doesn't know Jack S. about how the carcano operates.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2019, 11:18:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2019, 11:22:46 PM »
Of course you do.

Thank You....  And if you're being sarcastic, I could not care less.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2019, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2019, 05:50:35 AM »
the extractor will spring around the head of the shell casing

I believe what you are trying to say is "the extractor will spring around the head rim of the shell casing "...But you're wrong.... The extractor cannot "spring around" the rim of a cartridge because the tolerance inside the receiver are too tight to allow the extractor to "spring around" the rim of the cartridge.

The extractor covers about 1/4 of the circumference of the face of the bolt, and the annular slot that grabs the rim of the cartridge covers about 1/2 of the circumference of the bolt face which leaves about 1/4 of the face of the bolt open to accept the cartridge as the cartridge is fed into the bolt by the spring in the magazine pushing the cartridge up and into the bolt.
No I meant the head of the cartridge. You obviously knew what was being discussed. Call it what you may, extractor groove, base of the cartridge, head, or rim take your pick it is all the same.
-----------------------------------------
"But you're wrong.... The extractor cannot "spring around" the rim of a cartridge because the tolerance inside the receiver are too tight to allow the extractor to "spring around" the rim of the cartridge."

But yet it does work that way. Absolute nonsense stating it doesn't. Stop pretending and buy a rifle and go shoot it. You will then know what the rest of us know. I bet it is hard to give up a concept you have been railing at for years.
----------------------------------------
Just like Frazier, here is one more firearms expert describing how the extractor springs around the head of the cartridge when the shell is already present in the chamber.

Joseph Nicol stating in his WC testimony about the extractor springing around the head of the shell, obviously also felt it was possible in answering a question from Eisenberg.

Mr. EISENBERG. Now, what led you to the conclusion that this was an ex tractor mark?

Mr. NICOL. Only that it appears at the location of the cartridge case where an extractor mark would normally be found. That is to say, this would be the mark where the extractor strikes the edge of the case, and then springs around as the cartridge is driven into the chamber.