Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 39680 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »
Advertisement
The testers said they would be able to operate the weapon faster had they had more practice in operating the bolt (according to Fritz). Practice makes perfect; Marina saw Oswald sitting outside under his raincoat (or some such) working the bolt on at least one occasion, apparently. And HSCA testers achieved two shots in 1.67 seconds (the second shot always missed; only the first shot could be precisely aimed)

Marina saw Oswald sitting outside under his raincoat (or some such) working the bolt on at least one occasion,

Only an ignoramus who has no experience with rifles would accept such a stupid idea.....Merely working the bolt of a rifle does not qualify as "practice firing" a rifle....

If simply operating the bolt was all that was required to train a recruit, the military sure as hell wouldn't spend millions of dollars on weapons and ammo and classrooms, and firing ranges....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:28:53 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 07:15:54 AM »
Marina saw Oswald sitting outside under his raincoat (or some such) working the bolt on at least one occasion,

Only an ignoramus who has no experience with rifles would accept such a stupid idea.....Merely working the bolt of a rifle does not qualify as "practice firing" a rifle....

If simply operating the bolt was all that was required to train a recruit, the military sure as hell wouldn't spend millions of dollars on weapons and ammo and classrooms, and firing ranges....

@Newbies: Wallyburger has conveniently edited out my point; which is that the testers indicated they would have had quicker firing times if they had more practice working the bolt action

@Wallyburger: A quick chambering of the ammo is aided or hindered by how good or bad the user handles the bolt action. You lot always claim the Carcano was clunky to operate. So thanks for agreeing that the testers were at a disadvantage by dint of not having sufficient practice time working that 'clunky' bolt and firing that 'clunky' rifle.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:38:59 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 04:20:55 PM »
@Newbies: Wallyburger has conveniently edited out my point; which is that the testers indicated they would have had quicker firing times if they had more practice working the bolt action

@Wallyburger: A quick chambering of the ammo is aided or hindered by how good or bad the user handles the bolt action. You lot always claim the Carcano was clunky to operate. So thanks for agreeing that the testers were at a disadvantage by dint of not having sufficient practice time working that 'clunky' bolt and firing that 'clunky' rifle.

You lot always claim the Carcano was clunky to operate. So thanks for agreeing that the testers were at a disadvantage by dint of not having sufficient practice time working that 'clunky' bolt and firing that 'clunky' rifle.

Very Good.... Now you're exhibiting a tiny bit of intelligence, Chappie....  ( on par with a 7 year old)

You're right the tester said the rifle bolt was difficult to operate and inhibited the rifle from being fired rapidly and accurately....  In your words It was "clunky" and not at all suitable to use as a quickly fired sniper rifle. 

I'm drawing on personal experience with a Mannlicher Carcano ( I have several) ....The stiff firing pin spring in the bolt of the carcano bolt is compressed as the bolt is being turned and unlatched after firing a live cartridge.....   At the same time the firing pin spring is being compressed the hot, and expanded spent cartridge is being twisted in the firing chamber.   Then the expanded spent shell is drawn to the rear and ejected .  The compression of the FP spring and the friction of the spent shell causes the rifle to be twisted counterclockwise in the shooters left hand ....and the barrel of the rifle is pulled off target.

A poorly serviced and maintained rifle ( one that is dirty and not well lubricated) compounds the problem by a factor of ten.....

The testers were using a well serviced and lubricated  rifle and still they could not duplicate the feat that a few ignorant suckers profess to believe Lee Oswald accomplished....  Rave on Chappie....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 04:20:55 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 06:36:44 PM »
This video clip has a proficient shooter using a bench rest and it takes 10 seconds to aim and fire 3 rounds.
The questions that El Chapo and  his cohorts can't answer are where did Oswald develop the proficiency to shoot this particular weapon as alleged. [And please don't bend over and reveal a naked backside by saying the Marine Corps] Another question not answered all these years is what happened to the ammunition for that rifle. None was ever found anywhere that Oswald was.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2019, 07:19:22 PM »
This should save a lot of time for forum members in the future.   
WF1: The Dillard photo was taken during the assassination.
Right after the shots anyway...

Mr. BALL - Which building?
Mr. DILLARD - The School Book Depository. And at the same time I brought my camera up and I was looking for the window. Now this was after the third shot and Jackson said, "there's the rifle barrel up there." And then he said it was the second from the top in the right hand side, and I swung t it and there was two figures below, and I just shot with one camera, 100-mm. Lens on a 35-mm. Camera which is approximately a two times daily photo twice normal lens and a wide angle on a 35-mm. Which took in a considerable portion of the building and I shot those pictures in rapid sequence with the two cameras.
Mr. BALL - You shot how many pictures?
Mr. DILLARD - Two pictures.
Mr. BALL - With one camera or two different cameras?
Mr. DILLARD - Two diffefnt cameras - one daily photo, not extreme daily photo, but twice the normal lens.
Mr. BALL - You say your cameras were ready? How were the ready?
Mr. DILLARD - Hung around my neck and held in my hand..........
Mr. BALL - Did you hear anyone in your car say anything?
Mr. DILLARD - Well, after the third shot I know my comment was, "They killed him." I don't know why I said that but Jackson - there was some running comment about what can we do or where is it coming from and we were all looking. We had an absolutely perfect view of the School Depository from our position in an open car, and Bob Jackson said, "There's a rifle barrel up there." I said, "Where?" I had my camera ready. He said, "It's in that open window." Of course, there were several open windows and I scanned the building.
Mr. BALL - Which building?
Mr. DILLARD - The School Book Depository. And at the same time I brought my camera up and I was looking for the window. Now this was after the third shot and Jackson said, "there's the rifle barrel up there." And then he said it was the second from the top in the right hand side, and I swung t it and there was two figures below, and I just shot with one camera, 100-mm. Lens on a 35-mm. Camera which is approximately a two times daily photo twice normal lens and a wide angle on a 35-mm. Which took in a considerable portion of the building and I shot those pictures in rapid sequence with the two cameras. 
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/dillard.htm
Mr Dillard was well prepared for his testimony.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2019, 07:19:22 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »
You lot always claim the Carcano was clunky to operate. So thanks for agreeing that the testers were at a disadvantage by dint of not having sufficient practice time working that 'clunky' bolt and firing that 'clunky' rifle.

Very Good.... Now you're exhibiting a tiny bit of intelligence, Chappie....  ( on par with a 7 year old)

You're right the tester said the rifle bolt was difficult to operate and inhibited the rifle from being fired rapidly and accurately....  In your words It was "clunky" and not at all suitable to use as a quickly fired sniper rifle. 

I'm drawing on personal experience with a Mannlicher Carcano ( I have several) ....The stiff firing pin spring in the bolt of the carcano bolt is compressed as the bolt is being turned and unlatched after firing a live cartridge.....   At the same time the firing pin spring is being compressed the hot, and expanded spent cartridge is being twisted in the firing chamber.   Then the expanded spent shell is drawn to the rear and ejected .  The compression of the FP spring and the friction of the spent shell causes the rifle to be twisted counterclockwise in the shooters left hand ....and the barrel of the rifle is pulled off target.

A poorly serviced and maintained rifle ( one that is dirty and not well lubricated) compounds the problem by a factor of ten.....

The testers were using a well serviced and lubricated  rifle and still they could not duplicate the feat that a few ignorant suckers profess to believe Lee Oswald accomplished....  Rave on Chappie....

>>> No, I said that's what you lot claim. Seems to me the prime suspect shattered that myth.

@Newbies: Note that Wallyburger has once again ignored the testers' conclusions (according to Fritz) that they could have fired the weapon more quickly if they were more practiced at working the bolt action.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »

Sure was, by dint of him being there... while you lot sit on your arses claiming that all evidence is either faked, planted or somehow altered.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »

By "shots" I'm sure that you mean shots from the window, or the shots that killed JFK....Which are generally accepted as three shots....  There were more than three shots fired and at least one shot was fired to draw the attention of the Three stooges who it was thought would immediately start cackling like a flock of frighten chickens and draw the cops to the planted evidence....  The three stooges didn't react as had been calculated....They didn't start running for their lives, and report that someone was on the floor above them...Instead they went to the west end and opened the windows so they could see what the hell was going on in the area where they had heard THE SHOTS fired......

"Right after the shots anyway..."

No! ....DURING..... The shooting....  the SHOOTING....

There is a track of a bullet in Dillard's photo ....  This bullet track was NOT created by a bullet that had been fired from that SE corner window.....

A bullet struck the TSBD on the cement ledge below the sixth floor window and debris from that bullet strike fell onto Bonnie Ray Williams head  ( LOOK at Dillard's photo....Notice BRW's head)
"
PS.....If you've read "Walt's Fab's" WF #1 --  Then you know that the basic crux of the my "fabrication" is to point out that the track of that bullet puts a time stamp on the photo... Dillard snapped the shutter DURING the SHOOTING and he filmed the vapor trail of the hot bullet through the cool humid air......And the photo clearly shows that there was NOBODY firing a rifle from that window....   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:25:32 PM by Walt Cakebread »