Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications  (Read 39698 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Handy guide to Walt's fabrications
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 01:49:31 AM »
Advertisement
Why should we believe you over someone who is clearly an expert with the Carcano? You're saying that a Carcano without a scope on it is not a stock Carcano?

You're saying that a Carcano without a scope on it is not a stock Carcano?

Wow!...Thank you for demonstrating that you lack the ability to reason rationally.....

I said nothing of the kind....I merely pointed out that when the charlatan was talking about THIS rifle has not been modified the rifle had a scope on it...but when the man was firing a carcano it had no scope...  which raises the question...Were they the same rifle?   

And I know that the rifle he fired definitely was modified....If you knew what to look for, you too would know that the rifle being fired in the video is a modified rifle...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 01:49:31 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 01:53:35 AM »
The man says the rifle has not been modified.....The video first shows a carcano with a scope mounted but when the rifle is being fired it has no scope...So the qustion is:...Is it the same rifle that he said was not modified?  Or did he remove the scope because it hindered the rapid firing of the rifle?

His 7 shots in 6.8 seconds were made with the scope on the rifle.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 01:57:32 AM »

I said nothing of the kind....I merely pointed out that when the charlatan was talking about THIS rifle has not been modified the rifle had a scope on it...but when the man was firing a carcano it had no scope...  which raises the question...Were they the same rifle?

You need to have your eyes checked.    His 7 shots in 6.8 seconds were made with the scope on the rifle.

And I know that the rifle he fired definitely was modified....If you knew what to look for, you too would know that the rifle being fired in the video is a modified rifle...

In the absence of you specifying exactly where to look and what to look for, I'll just assume that you are as full of caca as usual.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 01:57:32 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 02:35:28 AM »
The Carcano CANNOT be loaded to use as a single shot rifle "Just like a Springfield 30.06", as the FBI "EXPERT" Robert Frazier testified..... Simply saying that it can be used as a single shot rifle is NOT the same as saying it can be loaded and used as a single shot rifle by dropping a cartridge into the breech and closing the bolt, just like a 30.06.
So...if you don't have a clip for it,  the Carcano is useless and you are f..d in battle? OK I'll go and watch Snicker's videos.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 04:08:39 AM »
His 7 shots in 6.8 seconds were made with the scope on the rifle.

Tim, you seem not to properly weigh the consideration of the sniper's situational awareness,  even more so if you buy into the verifying sign
of awareness....that a sixth floor shooter declined the easier approach shot,  before the motorcade turn. A single sniper is attempting to shoot to
death the most powerful man in the world. Not taking the shot on approach indicates awareness the target is protected by multiple
trained shooters firing from impossible to fully anticipate locations, some expected to be armed with fully automatic weapons with already
chambered rounds, sweeping the approach, high and low, literally with dozens of pairs of eyes.

I think your presentation is much more wishful  than persuasive.

I know one personally, before and after the training described below, with hits in combat deployment. He worked with this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2010_Enhanced_Sniper_Rifle

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/fieldmanuals/FM3-05222.pdf
Special Forces Sniper Trainiing and Employment

...1-20. Past experience has shown that deploying as a sniper/observer team
significantly increases the success rate of the missions. With few exceptions,
snipers who are deployed singly have shown a marked decrease in their
effectiveness and performance almost immediately after the start of the
mission. This decrease is due to the sniper becoming overwhelmed with
concern for his security, the tasks to be accomplished, and his own emotions
(fear, loneliness). ..

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 04:08:39 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 04:31:09 AM »
Tim, you seem not to properly weigh the consideration of the sniper's situational awareness,  even more so if you buy into the verifying sign
of awareness....that a sixth floor shooter declined the easier approach shot,  before the motorcade turn. A single sniper is attempting to shoot to
death the most powerful man in the world. Not taking the shot on approach indicates awareness the target is protected by multiple
trained shooters firing from impossible to fully anticipate locations, some expected to be armed with fully automatic weapons with already
chambered rounds, sweeping the approach, high and low, literally with dozens of pairs of eyes.

I think your presentation is much more wishful  than persuasive.

I know one personally, before and after the training described below, with hits in combat deployment. He worked with this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2010_Enhanced_Sniper_Rifle

Tom, How have you determined that I haven't properly weighed the consideration of the sniper's situational awareness? I have never argued that Oswald should have tried shooting the President while the limo was approaching on Houston.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »
So...if you don't have a clip for it,  the Carcano is useless and you are f..d in battle? OK I'll go and watch Snicker's videos.

So...if you don't have a clip for it,  the Carcano is useless and you are f..d in battle?

Well no....you wouldn't be completely without a weapon......  If you didn't have a clip for your carcano you could fire it as as single shot with about the speed of an old black powder muzzle loader.   To fire the carcano as a single shot you would need to attach the live cartridge to the face of the bolt ( ie insert the rim of the cartridge behind the annular space on the face of the bolt and also behind the cartridge extractor )   Then when you have the LIVE cartridge seated on the face of the bolt you could insert the assemble ( bolt & cartridge) into the breech of the carcano and close and latch the bolt....And all the while you were doing the above you'd be praying a dozen "Hail Mary's", that the cocked firing pin didn't become unlatched and fire the live cartridge before you could get the bolt closed.....

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 05:29:57 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 06:18:39 PM »
The testers said they would be able to operate the weapon faster had they had more practice in operating the bolt (according to Fritz). Practice makes perfect; Marina saw Oswald sitting outside under his raincoat (or some such) working the bolt on at least one occasion, apparently. And HSCA testers achieved two shots in 1.67 seconds (the second shot always missed; only the first shot could be precisely aimed)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:30:57 PM by Bill Chapman »