Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Reclaiming Misery aka Reclaiming History  (Read 27461 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Reclaiming Misery aka Reclaiming History
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2018, 03:16:27 AM »
Advertisement
It's totally about burden of proof.  Whether or not I can name a witness who said Oswald was NOT the cop-killer is completely irrelevant to your claim that Oswald killed Tippit.

There is only a single eyewitness to Tippit being murdered.

But I can name several witnesses you are ignoring the testimony of.  You just handwave them away with your "not a real witness" nonsense.

It's totally about burden of proof.  Whether or not I can name a witness who said Oswald was NOT the cop-killer is completely irrelevant to your claim that Oswald killed Tippit.

This isn't even close to where our conversation was heading.  You simply keep trying to take it there so you can As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.' and holler (again) about burden of proof.

But I can name several witnesses you are ignoring the testimony of.  You just handwave them away with your "not a real witness" nonsense.

Well then, what are you waiting on?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2018, 03:16:27 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
This isn't even close to where our conversation was heading.  You simply keep trying to take it there so you can As I was walking a' alane, I heard twa corbies makin' a mane. The tane untae the tither did say, Whaur sail we gang and dine the day, O. Whaur sail we gang and dine the day?  It's in ahint yon auld fail dyke I wot there lies a new slain knight; And naebody kens that he lies there But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair, O. But his hawk and his hound, and his lady fair.  His hound is to the hunting gane His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame, His lady ta'en anither mate, So we may mak' our dinner swate, O. So we may mak' our dinner swate.  Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane, And I'll pike oot his bonny blue e'en Wi' ae lock o' his gowden hair We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare, O. We'll theek oor nest when it grows bare.  There's mony a ane for him maks mane But nane sail ken whaur he is gane O'er his white banes when they are bare The wind sail blaw for evermair, O. The wind sail blaw for evermair.' and holler (again) about burden of proof.

Well then by all means explain how it is the least bit relevant whether or not anybody can name a witness who said Oswald was NOT the cop-killer without committing a shifting the burden of proof fallacy.

Well then, what are you waiting on?

Already asked and answered multiple times throughout the course of this forum.  You're ignoring or discounting statements made by Acquilla Clemons, Frank Wright, Doris Holan and Margie Higgins for starters.  Hell, you're even ignoring some statements made by Helen Markham, Domingo Benavides, T.F. Bowley, and Barbara and Virigina Davis when it suits you.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »
One of the most absurd arguments made by the priggish author of Reclaiming came from DVP's 'VB Favorites'.
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2016/07/favorite-quotes-from-reclaiming-history.html
Bugliosi absolutely threw the straw argument around by the bale-fulls with this one---
The twistboard was the latest gadget Jack [Ruby] was selling, and he was very serious about it. His roommate, George Senator, said that in the last few weeks before the assassination, Ruby had been getting up...earlier than normal to visit department stores in Dallas in an effort to promote the board. Just, of course, what you would expect a big mob hit man to be doing in the weeks and days leading up to the biggest day of his mob career, when he would be "silencing" Oswald for them.  -- VB; Page 1096
Really? Mr Ruby was a fad entrepreneur? Where was his patent application? Truth is..the Twistboard had already been marketed. Vincent Bugliosi did the very thing that he accused his detractors of....sucking up some obscure minute scintilla of testimony and rolling it into some risible anecdote.
All that said...I really must hand it to Vincent Bugliosi and if I needed a sharp lawyer on either side of the courtroom, I would want someone just as witty as he was  ;D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2019, 03:31:18 AM »
Also from 'favorite quotes'...
"In addition to Oswald's palm print being found on the underside of the Carcano's barrel, we know that Oswald's fingerprints were found within an inch of the trigger of the rifle found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building. The evidence is clear and unimpeachable?Lee Harvey Oswald bought, owned, and handled the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle found on the sixth floor. And...it was this weapon that was used to murder John F. Kennedy." -- VB; Page 804
That was the first time I had ever seen that lie. "WE KNOW" and.."THE EVIDENCE IS CLEAR" were Bugsie's fondest distortions
 Lieutenant J.C. Day of the Dallas police examined the rifle, and found faint traces of two fingerprints on the metal housing by the trigger. He took photographs and applied a protective layer of cellophane to the area. Shortly before midnight on the day of the assassination, the rife was flown to Washington. Sebastian Latona, a fingerprint expert at the FBI laboratory, examined the rifle and the photographs, but concluded that no identifiable prints were present. https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=946#relPageId=146
 https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=34#relPageId=29