Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Reclaiming Misery aka Reclaiming History  (Read 27456 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Reclaiming Misery aka Reclaiming History
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 07:12:11 PM »
Advertisement

There seems to be pretty solid evidence that some sort of "account" of the workers who were in the building  was taken by the police. Lineup, roll call, whatever one wants to call it.

Mr. BALL. Did you make a check of your employees afterwards?
Mr. TRULY. No, no; not complete. No, I just saw the group of the employees over there on the floor and I noticed this boy wasn't with them. With no thought in my mind except that I had seen him a short time before in the building, I noticed he wasn't there.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/truly2.htm

Remember that this was all post mortum.
There was no cross examination of witnesses.
A newspaper interview is not "testimony".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 07:12:11 PM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
And worker Eddie Piper said there was what he called a "lineup" where the workers gave the police their names and home addresses.

From his WC testimony:

Mr. BALL. Did you at anytime after the shooting miss Lee Oswald---did you notice he wasn't around?
Mr. PIPER. No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.
Mr. BALL. You did notice it at the lineup, did you?
Mr. PIPER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Tell us about that.
Mr. PIPER. I did notice it in the lineup.
Mr. BALL. What do you mean by the lineup?
Mr. PIPER. I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.
Mr. BALL. You say "they"; who do you mean?
Mr. PIPER. The detective---whoever it was.
Mr. BALL. The police?
Mr. PIPER. Yes...

Thanks, Steve, for Piper's "lineup" reference.

Piper, however, was talking about the POLICE conducting that "lineup", not Roy Truly or Bill Shelley of the TSBD staff.

But upon being reminded by Steve of Eddie Piper's testimony, it makes me wonder if perhaps the "lineup" that Piper talked about could be the "roll call" that Frazier and Lovelady remembered. ? ? ?

In any event, that makes THREE separate TSBD employees --- Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle) --- who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the TSBD before the employees were sent home on 11/22.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:04:12 PM by David Von Pein »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 11:20:24 PM »

In any event,

OK David on the roll call stuff...Bugliosi states that Oswald was the only one who had left the building therefore implicating his guilt.
If Oswald was in such an all-fired hurry to get out of there, why did he [supposedly] stop off at the soda machine and grab something to drink?

My point is that in his zeal to blast the critics, Bugliosi failed to do little else but criticize the critics.

Vincent Bugliosi further writes in his intro to Reclaim that he joins in the chorus of other lone nut defenders who say that it just must be "more exciting, fascinating, and intriguing" to be a critic of the Report and a supporter of a conspiracy.
A callus statement I believe.
There is nothing fun about any of this.

VB-The critics want their "day in court that they don't want to give the Warren Commission".
Please.

VB- The critics believe Jack Ruby "supposedly" silenced Oswald.
Ruby did not "supposedly" silence Oswald...he DID silence Oswald.

VB-The voluminous Warren Report with it's 18,000 pages of hearings and testimony alone should be evidence of Oswald's guilt.

VB "Oswald was a marksman in the Marines"
 Oswald obtained a sharpshooters badge in 1956. So what? This made  him a deadly sniper for life? With a score of 212 that is nearly the bare minimum for Marine qualification.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 11:20:24 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 11:47:46 PM »
Would this be the same Buell Frazier who also said that Oswald carried the paper bag in the cup of his hand and under his armpit?

He said it on day one and is still saying it to this day?..

So why accept something he said once in 2002 about a roll call and not what he said from day one?

Would that happen to be the same Buell Frazier who in later years said he was tired of being harassed by people because of his driving of the eventual prime suspect to the eventual assassination scene? Would that happen to be the same Buell Frazier who kept volunteering that he paid, in effect, scant attention to the bag?

Are you positive that Buell & his sister didn't bs about the size of the bag in a CYA move to lessen the chances of Buell winding up frying as an accomplice?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:01:22 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »
 Caster was absent. Maybe he was finally taking his Mauser home

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 01:08:55 AM »

Would that happen to be the same Buell Frazier who in later years said he was tired of being harassed by people because of his driving of the eventual prime suspect to the eventual assassination scene? Would that happen to be the same Buell Frazier who kept volunteering that he paid, in effect, scant attention to the bag?

Are you positive that Buell & his sister didn't bs about the size of the bag in a CYA move to lessen the chances of Buell winding up frying as an accomplice?

Why would I have to be positive that Buell and his sister didn't bs about the size of the bag? Why would you even begin with the assumption, based on absolutely nothing at all, that both were not telling the truth and take it from there?

Also, regardless of how many times Frazier said he didn't pay much attention to the bag, he still could have been exactly right about the way he saw Oswald carry the bag, couldn't he?

So, why would you automatically assume that he was wrong about that as well?

Offline Brian Walker

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 02:55:09 AM »
Would this be the same Buell Frazier who also said that Oswald carried the paper bag in the cup of his hand and under his armpit?

He said it on day one and is still saying it to this day?..

So why accept something he said once in 2002 about a roll call and not what he said from day one?

He said in the 1986 trial that there was a roll call also.  He also said he didn't pay much attention to the rifle and could have been mistaken about how Oswald carried it. 3:40 and 4:00.

The fact that you are actually comparing the reliability of remembering exactly how someone was carrying a rifle ( that you admit you barely paid attention to ) to remembering whether or not you were in a roll call shows once again you lack critical thinking skills. That is what this case if all about. I didn't didn't read much of the thread yet but I am guessing you or one of Oswald's other defense lawyers will also try to compare remembering you were involved in a roll call to guessing the size of a package.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 02:55:09 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 03:44:18 AM »
Buell managed to not be included with those taken to HQ that afternoon. Fritz instructed Stengel to gather up all those who worked on the 6th floor that day for questioning. Frazier managed to avoid that somehow.....he sure looked suspicious given his association with the prime suspect. Got him a job, gave him a lift, disappeared after the shooting.....some hot water there for sure.