Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: John McAdams wins in Court  (Read 9974 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

John McAdams wins in Court
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
Advertisement
Wisconsin Supreme Court: Marquette University wrongly fired professor for opinions on personal blog

?The undisputed facts show that the University breached its contract with Dr. McAdams when it suspended him for engaging in activity protected by the contract?s guarantee of academic freedom,? the court wrote. ?Therefore, we reverse the circuit court and remand this cause with instructions to enter judgment in favor of Dr. McAdams, conduct further proceedings to determine damages (which shall include back pay), and order the University to immediately reinstate Dr. McAdams with unimpaired rank, tenure, compensation, and benefits.?

JFK Assassination Forum

John McAdams wins in Court
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

Re: John McAdams wins in Court
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 03:59:45 AM »
Would have been cool if during the trail, the other side claimed John's ideas that LHO did it all alone put some doubt on his credibilty and they brought in experts on the case, ahh,
anyway, great result for most of us I suspect, whatever our beliefs on JFK's(life and) death.

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:12:46 AM »
Maybe Dr Steven Jones of 9/11 fame can win a similar judgement for academic freeom

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:12:46 AM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 04:15:21 PM »
Good  for McAdams, by the way, I posted the same story with the story headline.

Good for McAdams and the truth.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »
...great result for most of us I suspect, whatever our beliefs on JFK's(life and) death.

Looking around the net seems I was wrong about the above.
Does anyone want to defend John from these claims of "harassing another tutor" and "putting her in danger"?
That's not how I see it but I really don't know the full, full story I guess. "Cyber-bullying"? Really?
Either you're for free speech or you aren't, that's my opinion and I'm all for it, especially for the views you cannot bare to listen to.
Freedom for those to express them and more than equal time(as there usually is) for others to debunk 'em, needless to say #Ilovedagays.
Students should be gagging at the bit for topical debate, even playing devil's advocate to promote it and not being censored because of tutor's opinions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 12:42:55 AM »
Maybe Dr Steven Jones of 9/11 fame can win a similar judgement for academic freeom

Matt, if Dr Jones is in a similar predicament as McAdams was then I hope he gets the same result.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »
Good  for McAdams, by the way, I posted the same story with the story headline.

Good for McAdams and the truth.

Richard, I noticed that sometime after I had posted. Sorry about that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 12:45:59 AM »
Looking around the net seems I was wrong about the above.
Does anyone want to defend John from these claims of "harassing another tutor" and "putting her in danger"?
That's not how I see it but I really don't know the full, full story I guess. "Cyber-bullying"? Really?
Either you're for free speech or you aren't, that's my opinion and I'm all for it, especially for the views you cannot bare to listen to.
Freedom for those to express them and more than equal time(as there usually is) for others to debunk 'em, needless to say #Ilovedagays.
Students should be gagging at the bit for topical debate, even playing devil's advocate to promote it and not being censored because of tutor's opinions.

Barry, McAdams doesn't need to be defended against those claims because the claims are baseless.