Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Sniper's Nest"  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

The "Sniper's Nest"
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »
Advertisement
On Nov 25 [the day of the JFK funeral] Dallas detectives made this sketch of the 'crime scene'.
With this link you can zoom into the area.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338691/m1/1/zoom/?resolution=1.5&lat=2096&lon=415.49999999999994

Here is a picture of Mary Moorman next to the supposed 'Oswald Window'.
Where she is seated- is an even more open position of the window as can be seen from the outside pictures after the shots were fired.

For a right handed shooter...I couldn't think of a more awkward position for a sniper using an old crappy $20 rifle.
He would have to actually have to hang out the window to obtain the proposed trajectory.
I've looked around for a demo shooter showing just how the aiming job was pulled off  maybe one of the readers can locate something.

I have asked repeatedly about the seventh floor of the TSBD and so far it remains a phantom void
whereas the whole area could have been full of assassins for all we know.

In this picture, you can't tell if the cops are searching the area or just merely securing it.

I understand that the owner of the building had the original window replaced in 1964 and he took the 'Oswald Window' home as a souvenir.

JFK Assassination Forum

The "Sniper's Nest"
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

Re: The "Sniper's Nest"
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
Where did the FBI place the alleged paper bag "found in the sniper's nest, Jerry?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 04:41:18 PM »
On Nov 25 [the day of the JFK funeral] Dallas detectives made this sketch of the 'crime scene'.

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338691/m1/1/zoom/?resolution=1.5&lat=2096&lon=415.49999999999994

Where she is seated- is an even more open position of the window as can be seen from the outside pictures after the shots were fired.

For a right handed shooter...I couldn't think of a more awkward position for a sniper using an old crappy $20 rifle.
He would have to actually have to hang out the window to obtain the proposed trajectory.
I've looked around for a demo shooter showing just how the aiming job was pulled off  maybe one of the readers can locate something.

I have asked repeatedly about the seventh floor of the TSBD and so far it remains a phantom void

In this picture, you can't tell if the cops are searching the area or just merely securing it.

I understand that the owner of the building had the original window replaced in 1964 and he took the 'Oswald Window' home as a souvenir.

He had the west end window replaced and took the original west end window home ......
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:37:36 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 04:41:18 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 05:43:58 PM »

Referring to the photo on the left side of the middle row...   Can anybody identify the man who is watching the Detectives in the SE corner of the sixth floor in the photo ??