Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 94609 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »
Advertisement

If I'm correct, then where on that document is it stated that the money order should have had on it the endorsement stamps of each of the three aforementioned entities?

That is correct.

There is path a money order travel, Oswald would have to purchase the money order send it to Klein's. So Kleins would be the 1st endorsement and that would be to First  National Bank of Chicago next 3 would be the path in which this money order would go to its final destination.

Once Klein's had placed their endorsement stamp on the money order, any additional endorsement stamps placed on it would have made it invalid.

On the back of the money order we read:

"More than one endorsement is prohibited by law. Bank stamps are not regarded as endorsements."

The money order would need to get back to Kansas City which is the same place 5 other money orders that  Oswald used for other things. After the assassination, a postal inspector from Dallas suddenly says he found a stub for the money order then when he is later interviewed by the WC, amazingly he can not produce the stub which he had brought to the investigation initially telling the FBI first. The inspector who initiated the conversation about the alleged stub from the money order had the last name, Holmes. Again when interviewed he could not produce this stub that he had offered to them initially but more importantly he never commented on the postal regulations for the weapons.  I have a tough time trying to explain how Oswald could have 5 other money orders in the K.C. postal center where they all of them would normally end up but the one you show was already in D.C. when there is no reason for it to have been in D.C it should have been maintained or simply located in K.C..

I don't recall Harry Holmes saying that he had found the stub. The postal regulations for the weapons were met. The regulations for rifles were quite lax. Stricter regulations applied for concealable weapons like the revolver. However, they didn't apply to Oswald's revolver since it wasn't shipped by the Postal service.

At that time, there were two places where cashed money orders were sent. One was Kansas City , Missouri. The other was Washington, D.C. From the following document:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10408#relPageId=200&tab=page

"Lester Gohr,Assistant Cashier,Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (FRB), La Salle and Jackson Streets, Chicago, Illinois, furnished the following information:

...when the Postal Money Order in question would have been received, approximately three fourths of the money orders were being sent to Washington, D.C. and the balance to Kansas City, Missouri."

The Klein's money order was sent to Washington, D.C. At the US Dept. of Treasury, the money order received it's File Locator Number.

https://www.computer.org/csdl/proceedings/afips/1966/5068/00/50680479.pdf

The other problem is the March 12 dated on the envelope this money order was sent. How could he send the envelope, money order and the same money endorsed and dated the same date? Did they have FedEx overnight delivery? When did he take possession of the gun

The date of March 12 stamped on the money order and on the envelop was the date that the money order was purchased and the date that it was mailed. The envelop, with the money order in it, was mailed by airmail and was received by Klein's the next day. The money order passed through Klein's cash register that day and Klein's shipped the rifle off a week later. I'm not sure when Oswald received it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:42:40 AM by Tim Nickerson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2019, 12:40:38 AM »
           Very good bluff.  Except the broken Radius is Not the Total Damage allegedly inflicted by CE399. Plus, CE399 was allegedly Tumbling and Not moving unimpeded. CE399 is alleged to Not be moving at full speed or in anything close to a straight line.  The above is therefore not remotely close to being a "replication".

The rib is a very thin bone. The damage that the bullet received upon striking it is seen in the longitudinal flattening.

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2019, 04:15:31 AM »
That is correct.

Once Klein's had placed their endorsement stamp on the money order, any additional endorsement stamps placed on it would have made it invalid.

On the back of the money order we read:

"More than one endorsement is prohibited by law. Bank stamps are not regarded as endorsements."

I don't recall Harry Holmes saying that he had found the stub. The postal regulations for the weapons were met. The regulations for rifles were quite lax. Stricter regulations applied for concealable weapons like the revolver. However, they didn't apply to Oswald's revolver since it wasn't shipped by the Postal service.

At that time, there were two places where cashed money orders were sent. One was Kansas City , Missouri. The other was Washington, D.C. From the following document:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10408#relPageId=200&tab=page

"Lester Gohr,Assistant Cashier,Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (FRB), La Salle and Jackson Streets, Chicago, Illinois, furnished the following information:

...when the Postal Money Order in question would have been received, approximately three fourths of the money orders were being sent to Washington, D.C. and the balance to Kansas City, Missouri."

The Klein's money order was sent to Washington, D.C. At the US Dept. of Treasury, the money order received it's File Locator Number.

https://www.computer.org/csdl/proceedings/afips/1966/5068/00/50680479.pdf

The date of March 12 stamped on the money order and on the envelop was the date that the money order was purchased and the date that it was mailed. The envelop, with the money order in it, was mailed by airmail and was received by Klein's the next day. The money order passed through Klein's cash register that day and Klein's shipped the rifle off a week later. I'm not sure when Oswald received it.
I think this is me interpreting two things and confusing them
How would you find the documentation for when the gun changed physical custody between two parties?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2019, 04:15:31 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2019, 04:37:03 AM »
.. the broken Radius is Not the Total Damage allegedly inflicted by CE399. Plus, CE399 was allegedly Tumbling and Not moving unimpeded. CE399 is alleged to Not be moving at full speed or in anything close to a straight line.
Close your eyes like some of these other guys and just say-- you've got to believe in magic.

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2019, 04:47:05 AM »
I think this is me interpreting two things and confusing them
How would you find the documentation for when the gun changed physical custody between two parties?

If by "two parties" you mean Klein's and Oswald then the last piece of documentation between Klein's letting it go and Oswald taking possession of it would be the following shipping invoice:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2019, 04:47:05 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2019, 05:07:57 AM »
Close your eyes like some of these other guys and just say-- you've got to believe in magic.

The main difference between the two bullets is that CE-399 struck the rib at a much lower velocity than the bullet that struck the goat's rib.

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2019, 05:23:39 AM »
If by "two parties" you mean Klein's and Oswald then the last piece of documentation between Klein's letting it go and Oswald taking possession of it would be the following shipping invoice:

That's what I was thinking but actually, if I remember correctly it was some form that shows the inventory maybe related to imported items.  I'm thinking companies self-monitored using their inventory books so as long as they maintained them. Too much cough syrup makes me forget

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2019, 05:23:39 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2019, 05:38:20 AM »
That's what I was thinking but actually, if I remember correctly it was some form that shows the inventory maybe related to imported items.  I'm thinking companies self-monitored using their inventory books so as long as they maintained them. Too much cough syrup makes me forget

https://historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/contents.htm

Scroll down to the Waldman Exhibits. There are ten in all.