Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 93998 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2019, 05:45:36 PM »
Advertisement
Royell....WHEN did Captain Fritz arrive at the TSBD??   I'm certain that you will find that Fritz arrived AFTER the spent shells were discovered...(1:06)    The only floor that was searched after those spent shells were found was the sixth floor. ...and the rifle was found at 1:22 ....Nobody "monkeyed around"  with the rifle after Boone and Weitzman discovered it at 1:22 PM....

Lt Day was the first, and only, person to touch the rifle until Fitz helped him open the bolt of the rifle....

You are attempting to dance around the Fact you were unaware that Fritz Ordered the 6th floor be vacated PRIOR to the alleged rifle discovery.  Your claiming the " The ONLY floor that was searched after those spent shells were found was the sixth floor" is also Horribly Wrong. How on earth do you think that Alyea claimed the Pop Bottle was actually found on the 5th Floor?  You need to do some research. Your opinions are currently formed on a limited knowledge as to how the search of the TSBD was conducted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2019, 05:45:36 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
   You are attempting to dance around the Fact you were unaware that Fritz Ordered the 6th floor be vacated PRIOR to the alleged rifle discovery.  Your claiming the " The ONLY floor that was searched after those spent shells were found was the sixth floor" is also Horribly Wrong. How on earth do you think that Alyea claimed the Pop Bottle was actually found on the 5th Floor?  You need to do some research. Your opinions are currently formed on a limited knowledge as to how the search of the TSBD was conducted.

Royell, I will only say...You are way off base....And I can't guess why you're so desperately trying to discredit what is clearly visible in Tom Alyea's film, in saying that the rifle was "monkeyed with"  before Boone and Weitzman discovered it by shining powerful flashlights into the dark cave where the rifle had obviously been carefully hidden by stacking heavy boks of books around and over it......   

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »

You are attempting to dance around the Fact you were unaware that Fritz Ordered the 6th floor be vacated PRIOR to the alleged rifle discovery.  Your claiming the " The ONLY floor that was searched after those spent shells were found was the sixth floor" is also Horribly Wrong.

Royell, What difference does it make if Fritz wanted the searched started on the roof and then work downward?....

Here's a excerpt from an interview with Alyea....I'm primarily focusing on the fact that the rifle was NOT touched BEFORE  Detective Day picked it up....  ( Not the Mauser BS) 

Q - Was the weapon identified at first as a Mauser or not? This fact is of importance because it had led to many speculations or assumptions for decades. If true, can you tell me how this weapon became an Italian Mannlicher Carcano shortly after? Without to be involved in controversy, this brutal changing discredited at the time the people in charge of the inquiery.

TOM ALYEA ANSWERS......

No, the rifle was not first identified as a Mauser. I was only about two meters away and I heard no reference to a Mauser. Capt. Fritz testified that he heard no reference to the rifle being a Mauser. It was never touched. I, along with Capt. Fritz and other officers in our search team stayed at this location until the Crime Lab arrived and Lt. Day pulled the rifle from under the overhanging boxes. A few seconds after Lt. Day started dusting the rifle, he read the inscription on the rifle and announced that it was made in Italy. He did not refer to it as a Mannlicher Carcano. The name Mannlicher Carcano did not appear on the rifle. I think this was established later at police headquarters. The inscription Made in Italy and the caliber of the rifle was stamped on it. It is obvious that the relentless pursuit to establish the original rifle as a Mauser is one of the many false claims promoted by the conspiracy book authors.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:19:23 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2019, 09:02:10 PM »
Pete, I'm sorry to inform you that you are doomed to wander endlessly in the swamp ...Simply because you're to stubborn to take the clearly obvious path.   Perhaps you don't truly want to know the truth, so you ignore the path that will lead you to it.

We have photo graphs that clearly show that the rifle that was CAREFULLY HIDDEN beneath heavy boxes of books was a model 91 /38 Mannlicher Carcano and it most certainly was NOT a Mauser....
Actually, you are being lazy. For instance, suggesting "we have photographs.. clearly shows ...carefully hidden" Is that your argument? Because if it is, and you want to get out of jury duty, it will not be a problem. By the way  "carefully hidden" is an alleged action so, would you then say the weapon was "carefully discovered"? What do you mean carefully hidden? Do you know when the name Mauser became an issue?   Maybe you could "carefully" explain how the name Mauser became apart of the story.  And if you think it was a mixed up by "a passing reporter" then it would not be unreasonable to say "Walt if someone told you to jump off a bridge....you clearly would "  and would it be too much to say "you carefully would"

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »
Royell there was no opportunity for Fritz to have touched the rifle....There were dozens of officers in the area and civilian reporters plus TSBD employees who Fritz could not control and force them to keep their mouths shut....

Bump. The above shows you previously did Not Know that Fritz ordered law enforcement off of the 6th floor and thereby had the Opportunity to touch the rifle.  Stop the  BS: and do your research.  Concocting theories without going to the trouble to gather ALL the facts reflects poorly on your theories in other areas of this case.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:42 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »
Actually, you are being lazy. For instance, suggesting "we have photographs.. clearly shows ...carefully hidden" Is that your argument? Because if it is, and you want to get out of jury duty, it will not be a problem. By the way  "carefully hidden" is an alleged action so, would you then say the weapon was "carefully discovered"? What do you mean carefully hidden? Do you know when the name Mauser became an issue?   Maybe you could "carefully" explain how the name Mauser became apart of the story.  And if you think it was a mixed up by "a passing reporter" then it would not be unreasonable to say "Walt if someone told you to jump off a bridge....you clearly would "  and would it be too much to say "you carefully would"

Peter I've explained my position so many times, I don't feel I need to do it again for a newbe...

What do you mean carefully hidden?

Oh Boy..sigh..  The rifle was hidden with care....  It was placed beneath a pallet of heavy boxes of books, which was beside another stack of books so the rifle was ON THE FLOOR at the bottom of a chasm then the chasm was closed at the top by placing boxes of books across the gap.  Which placed the rifle at the bottom of a dark cave....

Boone said that he moved a box and shined his flashlight down into the cave and saw a tiny bit of the butt of of the rifle .
At the same time that Boone was looking down into the cave...Seymour Weitzman was down on the floor a few feet east of Boone and he looked under the pallet and saw the rifle lying on the floor.

Now do you understand what "carefully hidden" means?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »
   Bump. The above shows you previously did Not Know that Fritz ordered law enforcement off of the 6th floor and thereby had the Opportunity to touch the rifle.  Stop the  BS: and do your research.  Concocting theories without going to the trouble to gather ALL the facts reflects poorly on your theories in other areas of this case.     

The above shows you previously did Not Know that Fritz ordered law enforcement off of the 6th floor and thereby had the Opportunity to touch the rifle.

Is that what the important point?   I assure you I know this case very well....  But that's not the point.

The point is:...  Nobody touched the rifle AFTER Boone discovered it and before Detective Day picked it up....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #343 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »

Was the name Mauser really ever an issue , except for in the minds of a few conspiracy believers? Oh sure, a couple of Sheriffs initially reported that the rifle was a Mauser but they both later admitted that they had been mistaken. Mauser wasn't the only false name thrown around in the first day or two.