Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 94229 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #296 on: September 19, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
Advertisement
It is very hard to explain that Mauser/Carcano mess.
I think that Oswald ordered and owned that Carcano, that the backyard photos are genuine but speaking about Carcano on 11/22 it is very hard to rule out that the Carcano brought latter into TSBD.
First thing I do not believe is that the blanket in Ruth Paine garage was empty. All Marina statements were given via interpreter and we will never know what Marina really said. There is huge possibility that interpreter was translating what the public needed to hear.
I think that police did find the Carcano in Ruth Paine garage and that their first collusion was that Oswald took the rifle with him while leaving TSBD. Put yourself in 2PM on 11/22 and think about it. Oswald missing, initial search did not found the rifle which was hidden near the stairs. Initial taught: Oswald took the rifle with him. After the rifle was found in the garage it was brought to TSBD and "story" continued as it was found in TSBD.
You have to be aware that after Oswald was murdered all efforts were made to show him as assassin and that is the boldest truth of all.

Any evidence for that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: September 19, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2019, 06:01:15 PM »

Oswald's rifle C2766 was filmed as it was picked up and this footage was broadcast on television just a few hours later.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94APWcGDMyY

Oswald's rifle C2766 on the same afternoon was paraded in front of the press.

JohnM

Lt John Carl Day, of the DPD...( seen holding the carcano over his head in the photo) swore that he placed cellophane tape over the partial finger prints that he found on the trigger guard / magazine while examining the rifle in the TSBD at about 1:45 PM that afternoon.

Can anybody see any cellophane tape on that trigger guard???
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:51:54 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2019, 09:08:38 PM »

Lt John Carl Day, of the DPD...( seen holding the carcano over his head in the photo) swore that he placed cellophane tape over the partial finger prints that he found on the trigger guard / magazine while examining the rifle in the TSBD at about 1:45 PM that afternoon.

The clock on the wall reveals that the photo was taken a 6:17 .....

At that time the rifle had not been disassembled by Lt Day....( according to the official tale)   I've always wanted to enlarge this photo to the point where the slots in the three screw heads are visible....  I'm sure that the slots in those screws are in exactly the same position when the FBI received the rifle in their lab....  Which means Day never disassembled the rifle....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2019, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2019, 09:27:50 PM »

When did Lt John Carl Day, of the DPD, swear that he placed cellophane tape over the partial finger prints that he found on the trigger guard / magazine while examining the rifle in the TSBD at about 1:45 PM that afternoon?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »
The Trigger-Housing Fingerprints
http://www.jfk-online.com/prints.html

The fingerprint traces found on the side of the trigger housing of the rifle were first photographed and then covered with cellophane tape by Lieutenant Day to protect them for shipment to the FBI lab in Washington, DC. Lieutenant Day had determined that the fingerprints were too light to do a lift first and then photograph, so he photographed the fingerprints before covering them with the tape. (5) He also scratched his name on the stock of the rifle. When testifying later in Washington to the Warren Commission, Lieutenant Day told Rusty and me that he had some trouble finding his name because it was very faint.(6)

As Lieutenant Day worked on the rifle during the evening, Chief Curry came into the Crime Lab Office. Lieutenant Day told him at the time that he had located a trace of a print on the trigger housing, but he had not yet had a chance to do a comparison check with Oswald's print card. He told Rusty and me that the Chief then went back down to the third floor and told the newsmen that we had a print. He said that he had not told Chief Curry that it was Oswald's print at that time.

(...)

Lieutenant Day did not try to lift the fingerprints that he found on the trigger housing of the rifle on November 22nd, 1963. He photographed them only, and later did try to do a fingerprint comparison from a print card of Oswald to determine if he had held the rifle. Day stated to the Warren Commission that he could not exclude all possibility as to whose prints they were, but he did say that he thought that they were the right middle and right ring finger of Oswald.(7)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:28:02 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2019, 11:32:27 PM »
The Trigger-Housing Fingerprints
http://www.jfk-online.com/prints.html

The fingerprint traces found on the side of the trigger housing of the rifle were first photographed and then covered with cellophane tape by Lieutenant Day to protect them for shipment to the FBI lab in Washington, DC. Lieutenant Day had determined that the fingerprints were too light to do a lift first and then photograph, so he photographed the fingerprints before covering them with the tape. (5) He also scratched his name on the stock of the rifle. When testifying later in Washington to the Warren Commission, Lieutenant Day told Rusty and me that he had some trouble finding his name because it was very faint.(6)

As Lieutenant Day worked on the rifle during the evening, Chief Curry came into the Crime Lab Office. Lieutenant Day told him at the time that he had located a trace of a print on the trigger housing, but he had not yet had a chance to do a comparison check with Oswald's print card. He told Rusty and me that the Chief then went back down to the third floor and told the newsmen that we had a print. He said that he had not told Chief Curry that it was Oswald's print at that time.

(...)

Lieutenant Day did not try to lift the fingerprints that he found on the trigger housing of the rifle on November 22nd, 1963. He photographed them only, and later did try to do a fingerprint comparison from a print card of Oswald to determine if he had held the rifle. Day stated to the Warren Commission that he could not exclude all possibility as to whose prints they were, but he did say that he thought that they were the right middle and right ring finger of Oswald.(7)

Tom Alyea has recorded that he watched as Lt Day applied cellophane tape to the print and lifted it  from the rifle....

Mr. DAY. After ejecting the live round, then I gave my attention to the rifle. I put fingerprint powder on the side of the rifle over the magazine housing. I noticed it was rather rough. I also noticed there were traces of two prints visible. I told Captain Fritz it was too rough to do there, it should go to the office where I would have better facilities for trying to work with the fingerprints.
Mr. McCLOY. But you could note with your naked eye or with a magnifying glass the remnants of fingerprints on the stock?
Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; I could see traces of ridges, fingerprint ridges, on the side of the housing.

Day said that He placed cellophane tape over the prints to protect them until he could examine them under better conditions in the police lab.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:23 AM »
Tom Alyea has recorded that he watched as Lt Day applied cellophane tape to the print and lifted it  from the rifle....

Mr. DAY. After ejecting the live round, then I gave my attention to the rifle. I put fingerprint powder on the side of the rifle over the magazine housing. I noticed it was rather rough. I also noticed there were traces of two prints visible. I told Captain Fritz it was too rough to do there, it should go to the office where I would have better facilities for trying to work with the fingerprints.
Mr. McCLOY. But you could note with your naked eye or with a magnifying glass the remnants of fingerprints on the stock?
Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; I could see traces of ridges, fingerprint ridges, on the side of the housing.

Day said that He placed cellophane tape over the prints to protect them until he could examine them under better conditions in the police lab.

Tom Alyea has recorded that he watched as Lt Day applied cellophane tape to the print and lifted it  from the rifle

That was the palm print under the stock

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:23 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2019, 12:35:37 AM »
When did Lt John Carl Day, of the DPD, swear that he placed cellophane tape over the partial finger prints that he found on the trigger guard / magazine while examining the rifle in the TSBD at about 1:45 PM that afternoon?

We have Lt Day himself saying that he placed cellophane tape over a print .... And we have Tom Alyea saying that he witnessed Day using Celophane tape on a print in the TSBD....

Now then...Isn't it a fact that Day swore that he never saw the palm print until he disassembled the rifle in the DPD crime lab that evening....

So he couldn't have been using cellophane tape on the palm print.....Now could he?? 

So either Day was applying cellophane tape to the trigger guard prints....OR...   He did not find the so called palm print on the metal barrel beneath the wooden stock after he disassembled the rifle.

Either way...You're forced to accept that Day was a damned liar....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:38:01 AM by Walt Cakebread »