Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 94480 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »
Advertisement
It's truly amazing what detailed descriptions Weitzman and Boone were able to provide from "just a glance".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2018, 07:20:44 PM »
It's truly amazing what detailed descriptions Weitzman and Boone were able to provide from "just a glance".

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »

There were many "loose ends" and unanswered questions when LBJ insisted that the pile of garbage known as the Warren Report be released to the public...

On September 10 1964 in an FBI memo, FBI agent Vincent Drain  ( one of the conspirators who worked to cover up the truth)  wrote in a report...

Mr Weitzman stated that he did not observe this gun close enough o pay any particular attention to the clip of the rifle, He stated that he did not know whether or not the clip was empty after the Live Round of ammunition was ejected from the gun by Captain Will Fritz. He stated that shortly thereafter, Lt J. Carl Day removed the rifle to the Crime Laboratory of the Dallas Police Department......

Here we have Weitzman recorded as telling FBI agent Vince Drain that he didn't observe the CARCANO close enough to see any small detail.....   But ten months earlier on November 23, 1963 Weitzman gave a very detailed description of a 7.65 Mauser to FBI agent Sayers...... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2018, 03:11:49 PM »
HI Walt - I see you are still troubled by the Mauser..I am too
BUT THERE IS NO EVIDENCE SW WAS SHOWN A MAUSER ON 11/23 - NONE

so please consider this...
The Tom Alyea film was done at a later time and the MC rifle we see was staged with the press -
we do not see the things TA & others describes at the time the rifle was found
I think it was Fritz said the press was hounding him to go upstairs and Day said when he went back up press was everywhere

with no one around
A Mauser was first found (it doesn't matter where) and for whatever reason it had to be switched - perhaps the paperwork?
I believe the MC is a CIA gun from New Orleans and the Kleins paperwork was backed into Friday - Saturday
Vince Drain arrives at DPD about 2:30p - the rifle is already there - looks like the note on the inventory checks these items out to VD at 2:30p
BUT once the gun is in the hands of the FBI it comes back as an MC...and the MC is displayed to the public around 6p that evening

Eugene Boone
London Weekend Television Special
?The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald? (1986)

GERRY SPENCE: So as far as you're concerned at the time;  that gun that you saw in the stacks was a Mauser isn't that right?
LT. BOONE:- At that point in time yes, sir.

GERRY SPENCE: And it wasn't until after a certain gun in the possession of the FBI suddenly turned out to be a Mannlicher.
That it changed from being a Mauser to a Mannlicher. Isn't that true?

LT. BOONE: I would say that's an accurate statement yes, sir

Hi Michael....  There are hundreds of photos that confirm that the rifle that was a Mannlicher Carcano, which was found by Deputy Boone who used a powerful flashlight to find it ( it was in a dark cavern of boxes which was only a few feet from a brightly sunlit window)

There's not an iota of doubt in my mind that the rifle that was planted by burying it beneath boxes of books near the NW stairwell was a Model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano like the Carcano that Lee Oswald was photographed holding.  They intended to frame Lee Oswald who had pretended to be a communist and an admirer of Fidel Castro, so they wouldn't have found a Mauser in his place of employment.... unless the conspirators originally had planned to portray some other employee in the TSBD as being an accomplice of LHO and the Mauser could be traced to that employee. (Joe Molina, perhaps ) 

At this late date I doubt that we will ever know the truth about how that Mauser that Weitzman examined and described entered the backwater of flotsam and evidence that was covered up and destroyed by the authorities.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
..and I'm putting it out there as a possibility 
the hundreds of photos you see [are certainly not situ] but are later staged

Micheal....Some of the photos of the Carcano were taken at various places that afternoon and evening by several different photographers. I don't believe anybody could have staged the photos that appeared in the newspapers and on TV that day. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #276 on: July 25, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
There are hundreds of photos that confirm that the rifle that was a Mannlicher Carcano,

Hundreds?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »
Hundreds?

Well perhaps less than a hundred.....But the number is at least dozens of photos.....many of then taken as the carcano was pulled from beneath the boxes by Lt Day and immediately afterward as he examined the rifle looking for fingerprints.

Then more photos as he carried the carcano from the TSBD and more photos later at the Police Station.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »
Well perhaps less than a hundred.....But the number is at least dozens of photos.....many of then taken as the carcano was pulled from beneath the boxes by Lt Day and immediately afterward as he examined the rifle looking for fingerprints.

Then more photos as he carried the carcano from the TSBD and more photos later at the Police Station.

I don't see how police station photos tell you anything about what was found in the TSBD.