Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What happened to the Mauser?  (Read 94485 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: What happened to the Mauser?
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
Advertisement
A simple search of Weitzman's WC testimony confirms that he was talking about the rifle found on 11.22 when he referenced the Mauser in the FBI report:

Mr. BALL - I understand that. Now, in your statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, you gave a description of the rifle, how it looked.
Mr. WEITZMAN - I said it was a Mauser-type action, didn't I?
Mr. BALL - Mauser bolt action.

Mr "Smith"...You're as phony as Weitzman's response

A simple search of Weitzman's WC testimony confirms that he was talking about the rifle found on 11.22 when he referenced the Mauser in the FBI report:

Weitzman replied to the question with an evasive answer..... and most intelligent people can see that.   Are you sub average in intelligence  Mr "Smith"  ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2018, 01:11:38 PM »
No, you?re the one who came up with the silly ?Weitzman was shown a Mauser later in the police station? idea.

It should b obvious to any person even casually familiar with guns that Weitzman was NOT describing the 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano that had been planted by burying it beneath boxes of books  near the NW stairwell in the TSBD, when he described the 7.65 Argentine Mauser that the FBI agent recorded in his FBI report.

There's no doubt in my mind that Weitzman described a Mauser....      WHY??  Did Fritz present Weitzman with a Mauser and where did that Mauser come from??

Many students are confused by the tale that's been constructed around the frame from the Mentesana  film which shows a cop holding a shotgun.  Many folks have accepted that the shotgun in the Mentasana film is a rifle that had been found on the roof of a building in Dealey Plaza. 

There is a rumor that a mauser was found on a rooftop of a building in Dealey Plaza...... Where did the rumor originate??
Is there any substance to the rumor?    And is the mauser that Weitzman described for the FBI agent the Mauser in question??

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Mr "Smith"...You're as phony as Weitzman's response

Weitzman replied to the question with an evasive answer..... and most intelligent people can see that.   Are you sub average in intelligence  Mr "Smith"  ?

What a kook.  Read the FBI report and WC testimony.  Weitzman is clearly referring to the events of 11.22.  He was not shown any rifle on 11.23.  If there were any doubt of that, then his WC testimony confirms that the rifle he was referring too in the FBI report is the one discovered on 11.22.  He says nothing about being shown a Mauser on 11.23.  How you come to that conclusion is mystifying.  The fact that you would repeat it in light of the WC testimony is astounding.  Try reading this and ask yourself if Weitzman is referring to the rifle discovered on 11.22 or one he is being shown on 11.23:

Mr. BALL - You also said at the time the rifle was found at 1:22 p.m., is that correct?
Mr. WEITZMAN - I believe that is correct. I wouldn't commit myself there because I am not sure; I'm not positive that was it.
Mr. BALL - In this statement, it says Captain Fritz took charge of the rifle and ejected one live round from the chamber.
Mr. WEITZMAN - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - He did eject one live round?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Yes, sir; he did eject one live round, one live round, yes, sir. You said remove anything from the rifle; I was not considering that a shell.
Mr. BALL - I understand that. Now, in your statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, you gave a description of the rifle, how it looked.
Mr. BALL - Mauser bolt action.
Mr. WEITZMAN - And at the time I looked at it, I believe I said it was 2.5 scope on it and I believe I said it was a Weaver but it wasn't; it turned out to be anything but a Weaver, but that was at a glance.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »
Mr. WEITZMAN - And at the time I looked at it, I believe I said it was 2.5 scope on it and I believe I said it was a Weaver but it wasn't; it turned out to be anything but a Weaver, but that was at a glance.

But there's nothing about a 2.5 Weaver in that report...Weitzman correctly identified the scope.

No Tom, that's not correct... Weitzman said that the scope on the FIVE SHOT, 7.65 Mauser that loaded from the bottom, which had a THICK BROWNISH BLACK leather BANDOLIER TYPE sling was a 4 by 18 scope of "apparent Japanese manufacture" while the scope on the Mannlicher Carcano was clearly stamped "Made in Japan"

Date: November 23, 1963
Seymour Weitzman
Affidavit in Any Fact
At this time Captain Fritz arrived and ordered all of the sixth floor sealed off and searched. I was working with Deputy S. Boone of the Sheriff's Department and helping in the search. We were in the northwest corner of the sixth floor when Deputy Boone and myself spotted the rifle about the same time. The rifle was a 7.65 Mauser bolt action equipped with a 4/18 scope, a thick leather brownish-black sling on it.   Seymour Weitzman

No Tom, that's not correct... It's not accurate....Weitzman said that the scope on the FIVE SHOT, 7.65 Mauser that loaded from the bottom, which had a THICK BROWNISH BLACK leather BANDOLIER TYPE sling.... was a 4 by 18 scope of "apparent Japanese manufacture" while the scope on the Mannlicher Carcano was clearly stamped 4 X 18 coated ordnance optics  "Made in Japan"

Date: November 23, 1963
Seymour Weitzman
Affidavit in Any Fact
At this time Captain Fritz arrived and ordered all of the sixth floor sealed off and searched. I was working with Deputy S. Boone of the Sheriff's Department and helping in the search. We were in the northwest corner of the sixth floor when Deputy Boone and myself spotted the rifle about the same time. The rifle was a 7.65 Mauser bolt action equipped with a 4/18 scope, a thick leather brownish-black sling on it.   Seymour Weitzman
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:32:32 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »
I'll strike "correctly", but his back peddling on the scope makes no sense either way.

If looking at it "at a glance" happened on the 6th floor why does the FBI report say Japanese made if Weitzman thought it was a Weaver?

If Weitzman, as you state, looked at a Mauser shown to him by the FBI it wasn't "at a glance" and consequently "apparent Japanese manufacture" makes no sense as "Made in Japan" was printed on the scope.

Nobody quotes Weitzman saying "2.5 Weaver", not even the FBI report, so my conclusion is that Weitzman perjured himself to look like a complete fool as "apparent Japanese manufacture" is not questioned by BALL since it was Japanese made.

Now why would he do that?

It's obvious that Ball wasn't interested in delving too deeply into Weitzman's story....  Ball knew that Weitzman's description of a mauser needed to be "swept under the rug".

I believe in he above statement Weitzman was referring to the scope on the Mannlicher Carcano, not the scope on the Mauser.  When he briefly caught a glimpse of the scope on the Carcano when it was pulled from beneath the boxes of books he thought the scope was 2.5 Weaver.   He may have told the group that the scope was a 2.5 Weaver and thought that his remark had been recorded, and that's what he was telling Ball. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »
It's obvious that Ball wasn't interested in delving too deeply into Weitzman's story....  Ball knew that Weitzman's description of a mauser needed to be "swept under the rug".

So that is why he asked him directly about it?  LOL.  It's painfully clear you have no idea what you are talking about.  Weitzman is clearly referring to the discovery of the MC rifle on 11.22 in the FBI report and WC testimony.  He says, for example, that rifle was discovered at 1:22, that it was given to Fritz who ejected a live shell from it etc.  Do you think the FBI discovered a Mauser at 1:22 on 11.23?  Good grief.  There was no Mauser.  Weitzman made a mistake based upon a "glance" at the MC rifle.  It looks like a Mauser.  That's what he thought it was.  The films show he was wrong.  Mystery solved.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »
So that is why he asked him directly about it?  LOL.  It's painfully clear you have no idea what you are talking about.  Weitzman is clearly referring to the discovery of the MC rifle on 11.22 in the FBI report and WC testimony.  He says, for example, that rifle was discovered at 1:22, that it was given to Fritz who ejected a live shell from it etc.  Do you think the FBI discovered a Mauser at 1:22 on 11.23?  Good grief.  There was no Mauser.  Weitzman made a mistake based upon a "glance" at the MC rifle.  It looks like a Mauser.  That's what he thought it was.  The films show he was wrong.  Mystery solved.

There was no Mauser.  Weitzman made a mistake based upon a "glance" at the MC rifle.  It looks like a Mauser.  That's what he thought it was.  The films show he was wrong.

You're attempting to mix apples and oranges ....(or Carcano and Mauser)

Yes you're right....Weitzman did make a mistake in initially identifying the Mannlicher Carcano as a mauser....  And you're right, all of the films and photos reveal that the rifle found near the NW stairwell was in fact a model 91/38 Mannlicher carcano. 

Here's a description of that Italian made Mannlicher Carcano

6.5mm, model 91 /38, Mannlicher type bolt action, Mannlicher carcano, blue steel, undamaged wooden stock, light weight leather sling finished smooth polished black on one side, and unfinished tan on the reverse side. The "sling" has a broad leather patch inserted or attached to the narrow, light weight, leather strap to ease the discomfort of narrow leather strap when carrying the rifle on the shoulder.  This carcano is loaded by inserting a six shot clip from the top when the bolt is retracted.  It has a 4 X 18 telescopic sight mounted off to the left side of the rifle, and the scope is stamped "4 X18 Coated Ordinance Optic Inc,  Hollywood California, Made in Japan.     

And here's Weitzman's description of the mauser.....

Nov 23 1963
Weitzman FBI Report
Mr. Weitzman described the rifle was found as a 7.65 caliber Mauser action rifle, loads from a five shot clip is locked on the underside of the receiver forward of the trigger guard.
The metal parts of this rifle were of a gun metal color, gray or blue and the rear portion of the bolt was visibly worn.
The wooden portions of this rifle were a dark brown in color and of rough wood apparently having been used or damaged to a considerable extent.
The rifle was equipped with a four power 18 scope of apparent Japanese manufacture. It's also equipped with a thick brown- black leather bandolier type sling

five shot clip
locked on the underside of trigger guard
dark brown in color and of rough wood
rear portion of the bold visibly worn
wooden portions damaged to a considerable extent
four power 18 scope Japanese make
brown-black leather bandolier type strap

FIVE shot clip loaded from the bottom......
The Carcano has a SIX shot clip which loads from the top

dark brown in color and of rough wood
rear portion of the bold visibly worn
wooden portions damaged to a considerable extent

The bolt of the carcano is NOT visible worn...and the wooden stock is not "damaged to a considerable extent"

Thick brown-black leather bandolier type strap

The "sling" on the Carcano is NOT "Thick brown-black leather" nor is it a bandolier type strap.  The "sling" on the carcano is not actually a "sling" it is a carrying strap designed for parade use ...... not combat, as the heavy, thick, brownish black, leather sling on the Mauser.

Clearly there are TWO different rifles being described.....  Where did that Mauser come from and what happened to it??? 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:13:56 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »
There was no Mauser.  Weitzman made a mistake based upon a "glance" at the MC rifle.  It looks like a Mauser.  That's what he thought it was.  The films show he was wrong.

You're attempting to mix apples and oranges ....(or Carcano and Mauser)

Yes you're right....Weitzman did make a mistake in initially identifying the Mannlicher Carcano as a mauser....  And you're right all of the films and photos reveal that the rifle found near the NW stairwell was in fact a model 91/38 Mannlicher carcano. 

Here's a description of that Italian made Mannlicher Carcano

6.5mm, model 91 /38, Mannlicher type bolt action, Mannlicher carcano, blue steel, undamaged wooden stock, light weight leather sling finished smooth polished black on one side, and unfinished tan on the reverse side. The "sling" has a broad leather patch inserted or attached to the narrow, light weight, leather strap to ease the discomfort of narrow leather strap when carrying the rifle on the shoulder.  This carcano is loaded by inserting a six shot clip from the top when the bolt is retracted.  It has a 4 X 18 telescopic sight mounted off to the left side of the rifle, and the scope is stamped "4 X18 Coated Ordinance Optic Inc,  Hollywood California, Made in Japan.     

I'm the one mixing apples and oranges when you are conflating questions about the MC rifle discovered on 11.22 with some baseless scenario in which Weitzman is shown a Mauser the next day and asked to describe it?  There is only one rifle.  He is asked about the rifle discovered on 11.22 and asked to describe that rifle.  He gets some details wrong which apparently has led you to erroneously conclude he is being asked to describe another rifle in the FBI interview.  Which even you yourself find inexplicable because it is!  Even if you believed the conspirators used a Mauser, why would they ask someone about that rifle the next day and show it to them?  Aren't they trying to cover up instead of raise red flags?  Silly.  There is only one rifle here.  The one found in the TSBD.  That is what Weitzman was asked about.  The films confirm it was a MC rifle and not a Mauser.  So he got that wrong.