Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Orville Nix Film - Appearances in Media  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Scott Johndrow

Re: Orville Nix Film - Appearances in Media
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 03:15:51 PM »
Advertisement

Robin, can you (or anyone) tell me what the source of this gif is?  I'd like to be able to get the full-quality video and run it through the Topaz AI upscaler.  It seems surprisingly sharp and good color, though I am just judging from the gif.  I've got several of the versions from my top list but have yet to encounter this particular scan in a documentary.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:17:47 PM by Scott Johndrow »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 03:15:51 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 04:08:03 PM »
Can't you just download the frames that RU posted earlier, make a movie of it in Premiere, and then load it into your Topaz whatchmacallit? He's providing you with the frames and they seem pretty clear. Just make the movie yourself from the frames download.

Offline Scott Johndrow

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »
I have done just that and grateful to have been provided those frames, but that copy is quite blurry despite being from a 1st generation print.  It seems the labwork involved in the creation of that print just wasn't precise enough and unfortunately the AI program has little to no effect on blurry footage.  Examining the incomplete Nix footage from the Executive Action DVD probably gives the best idea of just how much detail there was on the missing original negative.  I'm trying out as many copies as possible and the source of that gif would be great.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »

Offline Scott Johndrow

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 10:27:53 PM »
Well, seems the answer was nearly right under my nose: https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=7&page=49  The JPEG filenames indicate the source: VTS_04_2_VOB_snapshot_15_24_[2018_10_31_23_22_43] - Just need to find out what DVD that is as the JPEGs add another layer of compression and image degradation.  If I can't find that out, at least I can go through and save the frames one-by-one - but that will be incredibly tedious.

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 10:00:37 PM »
Well, seems the answer was nearly right under my nose: https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=7&page=49  The JPEG filenames indicate the source: VTS_04_2_VOB_snapshot_15_24_[2018_10_31_23_22_43] - Just need to find out what DVD that is as the JPEGs add another layer of compression and image degradation.  If I can't find that out, at least I can go through and save the frames one-by-one - but that will be incredibly tedious.

What do you hope to find?? just curious 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 10:00:37 PM »

Offline Scott Johndrow

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 04:34:54 PM »
What do you hope to find?? just curious

Honestly don’t think I’ll find anything - though I’m always interested in the “black dog man” which I think is just the young couple that was described by Zapruder’s secretary.  If only we still had the original negative.

I primarily hope to just add to the knowledge of this film.  The more recent appearance in The Lost Bullet was just sad.  They used an extremely blurry print and glossed over how important the film is.

Offline Sim Heninger

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 02:47:45 AM »
Scott, I have a videocassette called "Kennedy Assassination Film Chronology" which might be what you're looking for.  I got it through the mail some time between 1985 and 1990, I would guess.  Groden actually narrates part of the thing, a discussion of the movement between the concrete wall on the knoll, in extreme closeup of Nix's film.  This pertains to Black Dog Man/Sitzman's couple.  I just now looked at it for the first time in....decades?  It starts with DCA motorcade stuff, then the various films starting at Main and Houston (like Nix) are cut together to form a pretty bad continuity.  The Nix stuff is there, but incomplete.  Paschall film, notably, is on the tape.  I quit watching at that point, but it really trails off into a lot of stuff I didn't have time to watch the first time I put it in a VCR, let alone now.  Email me if you're interested.

BTW, the black man standing with Emmett Hudson catches the light through the trees a couple of times, as he runs up the stairs, if you look closely at a really clear version of the Nix headshot sequence.  Happens same exact moment as the movement just above the wall.

Happy researches,
Sim

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 02:47:45 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 01:17:11 AM »
Scott, I have a videocassette called "Kennedy Assassination Film Chronology" which might be what you're looking for.  I got it through the mail some time between 1985 and 1990, I would guess.  Groden actually narrates part of the thing, a discussion of the movement between the concrete wall on the knoll, in extreme closeup of Nix's film.  This pertains to Black Dog Man/Sitzman's couple.  I just now looked at it for the first time in....decades?  It starts with DCA motorcade stuff, then the various films starting at Main and Houston (like Nix) are cut together to form a pretty bad continuity.  The Nix stuff is there, but incomplete.  Paschall film, notably, is on the tape.  I quit watching at that point, but it really trails off into a lot of stuff I didn't have time to watch the first time I put it in a VCR, let alone now.  Email me if you're interested.

BTW, the black man standing with Emmett Hudson catches the light through the trees a couple of times, as he runs up the stairs, if you look closely at a really clear version of the Nix headshot sequence.  Happens same exact moment as the movement just above the wall.

Happy researches,
Sim

The Black Dog Man appears to be positioned: (1) at the point where the wall running N-S meets the wall running E-W, or (2) somewhere along that E-W portion of the wall. That Bench was positioned BACK from the E-W Wall/Toward the pergola shelter. It would be interesting to see if the upper torso of someone seated on a bench would be sitting High enough to be captured on Any of the Assassination Films. Nix does Not show the upper torso/head of anyone possibly seated on that bench. Sitzman is the Only Person to Ever claim they saw a couple seated on that bench at the time of the assassination. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:19:16 AM by Royell Storing »